Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

We’re revisiting all the best bits from Shop Talk and asking you, which of the Barclaycard Freedom Rewards partners you’d most like to win a £500 voucher for and why? NOW CLOSED

(134 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 19-Nov-13 13:34:35

Over the last four weeks, Barclaycard Freedom Rewards, in partnership with Mumsnet, have brought you Shop Talk: a weekly online talk show where a host of celebrity presenters discussed MNers' savvy shopping tips on everything from hitting the high street to stocking filler saviours.

Watch the highlights here:

Barclaycard say: "In our weekly chat show, Shop Talk, we tackled the big shopping stories that you are talking about in Mumsnet. Andrea McLean, Julia Bradbury, Ben Shephard and Ruth Langsford each took a turn hosting a show and were joined by three panellists, including a member of the Mumsnet team.”

We'd like to know which of the Barclaycard Freedom Rewards partners you'd like to win a £500 voucher for and why.

Everyone who adds their comments to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive £500 in vouchers to spend at their chosen Freedom Rewards partner.
You can check out a full list of the partners here.

Please note your comments may possibly be included in marketing materials, so please only post if you're comfortable with this.
Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

PS Missed out on an episode Shop Talk? Watch them all again here on the Barclaycard Freedom Rewards page on MN.

BornToFolk Wed 20-Nov-13 15:55:26

hmmm, tricky! There is a lot of choice...

I seem to need a few minor eletrical things at the moment - new kettle or water filter, or both, new vacuum cleaner, new printer (why does everything break down at the last minute?!) so I'd probably say Amazon. I'm tempted by Currys PC World but I love Amazon for being able to track and compare prices and also, I could use leftover vouchers on treats for DS and me!

However, I'm also seriously tempted by Legoland as DS loves it and it would be fabulous to be able to take him for two days with an overnight stay in the hotel.

Theimpossiblegirl Wed 20-Nov-13 16:57:11

I want to be completely selfless and say The Samaritans. Christmas is really hard for a lot of people and that person at the end of the phone line can make the difference between life and death, quite literally.

If I win, I know I'll feel good but a small selfish part of me will kick myself for not saying Currys as I need a new cooker.
smile

kelpcc Wed 20-Nov-13 17:00:40

I would say next. My brother in law is having his first baby and have nothing for the baby as they also need to move home and buy furniture so I would give it to them to help out

Bubbles85 Wed 20-Nov-13 17:09:46

It would have to be Amazon for me as they sell everything and anything I ever need!

MikeLitoris Wed 20-Nov-13 17:16:51

After being in next today I could easily have spent £500.

Amazon would probably be my answer though. There isnt much you can get from amazon and the customer service is fab.

MikeLitoris Wed 20-Nov-13 17:17:30

Much you can't get obvz blush

jellyandcake Wed 20-Nov-13 17:26:50

The choice is really overwhelming! I think that although my husband would say Amazon without hesitation and then promptly set about filling our house even further with CDs and DVDs, I would probably say M&S because with a new baby on the way we won't be able to do any clothes shopping this year and will be waiting til Christmas and birthdays for new shoes/coats/jumpers etc. With £500 in M&S I think we could kit out the new baby, clothe the toddler, get a few essentials for ourselves and treat ourselves to some lovely wine (and Percy Pigs. How many Percy Pigs would £500 buy, I wonder...). And we could buy new bedding for us all to replace our scratchy old duvets and sunken pillows - it would be fabulous!

margf Wed 20-Nov-13 18:41:38

M&S for me I just love their food it is delicious

BlackberrySeason Wed 20-Nov-13 19:21:14

Amazon!! Lots of good stuff to buy!!

AnnaConda Wed 20-Nov-13 19:31:38

Amazon for me, too. Had three deliveries from them this week alone, they are very often the lowest price for things I'm ordering.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Wed 20-Nov-13 20:18:23

It's a tough decision between Marks and Spencer & Amazon. I think I'd have to go for M&S in the end. £500 would buy a lot of (really tasty) food.

Amazon, because I'm a storyteller and author, Amazon is one of very few retailers that can supply storybooks, puppets, dressing-up outfits and craft supplies, as well as computing hardware to help me write more books.
PS. Pick me, please! Storytelling is not a lucrative profession, £500 would make all the difference!

Tikkamasala Wed 20-Nov-13 20:29:54

I would love amazon vouchers as you can really buy pretty much anything there!

HootyMcOwlface Wed 20-Nov-13 21:17:26

I'd love to win M&S vouchers as then I could get some really nice food for Christmas, plus spend some on clothes for the family.

Also £500 is such a large amount I'd treat my Dad and brother too.

The generous part of me says Naked Wines as I would make a lot of women across the country very happy, even if they felt like crap the morning after. The selfless part of me says the Samaritans as I know how much help they've given some people close to me over the years.

The mother in me says Haven as we could take the children away for a few days and they'd love it. The daughter in me says Marks and Spencer as my parents would love it and the manager in me says Next of BHS for workwear.

I'd say Starbucks, but even I would struggle to drink £500 of coffee, even on a bad month. I mean, I'd give it a good go, but even I would be defeated.

Sadly, the realist in me says Currys as my Cooker has bloody well exploded and the washing machine is on the blink.

So yes, £500 free, and I'd end up buying needed household appliances. Rock and Roll, Mumsnet. Rock. And. Roll.

GetKnitted Wed 20-Nov-13 22:00:10

Amazon... just think of all the wool I could buy!

skyeskyeskye Wed 20-Nov-13 22:52:34

I would like to win a £500 voucher for Legoland do that I could take 5yo DD there and stay overnight in the hotel.

LentilAsAnything Wed 20-Nov-13 23:09:42

Amazon please. It's just more versatile than all the others, the prices are very competitive. I use it all the time, saving various wish lists, tracking prices. I like the suggestions for things I might like.

tootssweet Thu 21-Nov-13 06:06:02

It's really hard as there are so many options but having thought about it....
Is it possible to donate £250 to the charities listed & be a bit selfish & have £250 to spend on an overnight stay at legoland in their hotel as a treat for the family? It would be a great joint birthday treat for the dc's & we would have helped others too

Sorry such a fence-sitter!

M&S for me, best of British and covers all our needs for Christmas. Scrummy food, toys, decorations and fab furnishings

darkdays Thu 21-Nov-13 09:11:09

I would like to win £500 voucher for amazon. I could then stock up on toys and otherness for the little ones, and a few bits for my home.

Amazon because of the huge range of things

lookoveryourshouldernow Thu 21-Nov-13 10:08:57

...Amazon...

best all round shop - open 24/7 - reliable, fast and easy to use website.

It's full of a fantastic selection of goodies - all the things that you NEED and all the things that you never knew you NEEDED...

Tyranasaurus Thu 21-Nov-13 11:02:07

Amazon- I have a huge wishlist of books that noone ever buys me because 'books are too boring' s

CloserLook Thu 21-Nov-13 11:26:08

Amazon definitely. We shop on there a lot, mainly for toys, books and dvd's and it's so easy as all my details are ready to go. Amazon have also got a huge range of products and I love being able to check the reviews before I buy and leave a review after if I want to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now