Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

NOW CLOSED Universal Children's Day: Why in the UK are we less optimistic about global issues than developing countries - share your views - you could win a £100 voucher

(108 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Nov-13 12:04:41

Mumsnet are working closely with Unilever (now a member of our family friendly programme!) to provide opinion on a number of sustainability projects.

On Monday we asked whether your children inspired you to live more sustainably? Thanks for all the responses.

And today (Wednesday) Unilever say "Today is Universal Childrens Day and research from Unilever Project Sunlight reveals that 6 in 10 children are worried about global issues, but in spite of this remain twice as optimistic about the future than their parents. In fact, UK parents were less optimistic than those in developing countries"

So the additional question today is why do you think we are less optimistic in the UK?

Let us know on this thread your views on both questions and you'll be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £100 Sainsbury's voucher.

Thanks and good luck

MNHQ

clubnail Thu 28-Nov-13 15:17:13

Unilever, still testing on animals. Awful company. Do I win?!

NumptyNameChange Thu 28-Nov-13 16:16:50

still selling skin bleach too i believe.

Snoozie101 Sun 01-Dec-13 22:37:35

I try to live an Eco friendly life within reason. However the "green" option doesn't always turn out to be the real deal.

I try to use products until they are worn out, rather than just because I fancy a change.

We are more pessimistic because we know that the small changes we make are just a drop in the ocean when the developing world is churning out so much pollution.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Dec-13 10:22:12

Thanks for all the comments: GetKnitted wins the £100 Sainsbury's voucher. Well done.

GetKnitted Sun 16-Feb-14 23:08:59

Unilever,

I appreciate that you are now 'family friendly' but please would you kindly be friendly to my family and send us the £100 gift voucher as promised. 3 months is plenty of time to put something in the post.

Yours

patiently!!!

GetKnitted

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Feb-14 14:06:33

GetKnitted - a million apologies - I have chased them again for you

GetKnitted Mon 17-Feb-14 20:47:53

Thanks AnnMumsnet, I didn't mean to sound so entitled!! I will say a big thank you to everyone if it arrives smile

GetKnitted Fri 21-Feb-14 20:05:11

Hi Unilever,

Thanks ever so much for the voucher. We were really thrilled to have won and it will mean party treats for DS1's party are less of a worry.

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now