This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Watch the Lego Movie trailer and share your thoughts – £150 worth of cinema vouchers to be won! NOW CLOSED

(188 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Nov-13 09:47:40

Warner Brothers have asked us to find out what Mumsnetters and their DCs think of the trailer for the upcoming Lego Movie.

Here's what Warner Brothers have to say, "The LEGO® Movie is the first-ever, full-length LEGO® cinema adventure and is released on February 14th, perfectly timed for half term! The story follows Emmet, an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers, including many iconic characters such as Batman and Superman, on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared. The cast includes Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrell, Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman and we'd love to know Mumsnetters' thoughts on the trailer.”

You can watch the trailer here.

So what did you think of the trailer? What are your thoughts on the characters and voice overs? What about your DCs? Which part of the trailer did you like the most? Do you think you’ll be likely to take your LOs to see the film when it’s released?

Whatever your thoughts, Warner Brothers would love to hear about them!

Everyone who posts on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive £150 worth of cinema vouchers.

Please note your comments may be included on Warner Brothers' social media channels, and possibly elsewhere, so please only post if you're comfortable with this.

Thanks and good luck,

Anyexcuse Sat 02-Nov-13 16:23:50

My 12 year old ds chortled all the way through the trailer. He liked Emmett best and was impressed by his double decker couch idea. I think the humour will appeal to daft boys like mine as well as to much younger kids. We'll definitely go and see it when it comes out.

Josie314 Sat 02-Nov-13 16:24:17

My DD is too young for this movie, but DH and I want to see it. I think it looks funny, and I also think it has a good cast (so is more likely to be good).

SweetPenelope Sat 02-Nov-13 16:25:01

DS2 (9) is completely obsessed with Lego and he loved the trailer. We'll definitely be going to see it. My 11 year old son also wants to see it.

ouryve Sat 02-Nov-13 16:31:46

Well, DS1 is a big lego fan, so I called him over to watch. He shrugged, said "no thanks" and mooched back onto the sofa with his mp3 player. He's such a bloody tween!

Watched the 1st half of it before my connection froze (that's good going, for us). All the superhero references seem quite amusing. I don't think I'd want to sit through it without an appropriately aged child for company, though.

KangKorandKoloth Sat 02-Nov-13 16:42:37

My DS1 is thrilled that this is coming out! It combines a lot of his favorite things (Mainly Batman, Lego and adventure .If Scooby Doo had also been in there it would've been his idea of film heaven) and , having just watched the trailer with me, he has said he can't wait to see it and it looks amazing. Fortunately it comes out just before his 6th birthday so I think I might treat him and a couple of friends to go and see it.

From an adult's perspective it doesn't look too bad at all, I think I'd enjoy it a bit more than other kids films I've seen with the DSes. I think the humor looks quite quirky and the plot quite interesting. I quite like Will Farrell as an actor too.

lionheart Sat 02-Nov-13 17:36:41

Ds (7) absolutely thrilled by the prospect, huge superhero and lego fan. His older brother will probably enjoy it and there is, by the look of it, enough for the adults there, too. I like the Lincoln! As Kang has said, it looks quirky.

gazzalw Sat 02-Nov-13 17:48:08

My DCs aren't the only ones looking forward to this coming out. It looks spot on - quirky but with enough humour pitched at adults and children to make it a laugh a minute film for the family. It's already a date in the diary for our family although not quite the Valentine's Day treat DW had envisaged grin!

ChippyMinton Sat 02-Nov-13 17:56:23

DS2(11) massive Lego fan really wants to go and see the movie on the strength of the trailer.

5madthings Sat 02-Nov-13 18:06:55

my dp came home from work raving about this the other day and put the trailer on for the madthings to watch.

they all loved it, esp ds4(5) and ds3(8) and ds2(11).

we wil def be taking the kids to see it.

ps love the name emmett its what our dd would have been if she had been a boy!

massive lego fans here, we have tonnes and the lego games for xbox etc. they enjoy the lego cartoons/prog on tv as well and cannot wait for the film to come out.

will get the boys to watch again and give their individual thought later but first impression is fantasric

Ingles2 Sat 02-Nov-13 18:13:00

Hi there... Ds2 and I watched the trailer... He's 12 and a lifelong Lego fan, he's also a serious Comic book fan.
Ds2 says...
I liked the trailer, in particular the jumping jacks bit.. It was funny. The characters seemed interesting, not all that original but funny anyway. Obviously batman is awesome and I like the Morgan Freeman Voice acting. Batman made the trailer for me, I loved the batarangs. I wouldn't go to see the film at the cinema but I would buy the DVD.
I think the film looked great... Too young now for my boys but funny and fast paced. No strong opinion on the voices or characters.

leelo Sat 02-Nov-13 21:46:26

my two are lego mad at the moment so will definitely be going to see this. i think we liked the butt comment as that is just our kind of humour. but i know this will be good as we have seen other lego films like starwars so we know what to expect from this style of film.

gazzalw Sun 03-Nov-13 08:52:49

Ingles2, obviously your DS2 (12) is more mature than my DS - he's nearly 13 and he still wants to go to see it. There again, so do I and I'm a very mature age indeed grin!

wonkylegs Sun 03-Nov-13 08:55:56

DS was marginally interested but kept repeatedly asking if it has Lego Star Wars in it and if it doesn't then it's ruuuuubbish!
DH & I want to go and see it though, I love the Lego star wars videos we have (love the humour & little touches) and I suspect when DS gets past his current immediate Star wars fixation he will too.

marsybum Sun 03-Nov-13 10:17:37

Reaction was awesome awesome awesome - best part was the double Decker couch apparently - we'll definitely be going to see it here!

idleweiss Sun 03-Nov-13 16:05:09

I don't know who is more excited about this, me and my DH or our DDs (Erm, I think its us!)! We saw the teaser earlier this year and now we have seen the trailer we are looking forward to seeing it a bit more! Looks like some good silly fun!! I am loving there are some great voiceovers like Will Arnett and Will Ferrell!! My eldest DD thought the trailer was funny and laughed a lot, especially at Emmet and Batman. She loved the fact that the word 'Awesome' was said a lot as it is one of her favourite words! my youngest enjoyed throwing shapes to the soundtrack and pointing at all the characters! she asked to watch it again! After watching it we got some Lego out (we actually have a Batman figure and a construction worker like Emmet!), and my eldest DD got really in to playing with it and acting out bits from the trailer! lol! smile

The trailer was interesting, it looked fun and exciting it is the kind of silly humour that the boys will love, the music is really current and they will enjoy the fast paced style. batman, superman all really up in our house at the minute! the voices are well known and made me think it would be something i would enjoy too despite not being a big lego fan. definately one we will be looking to see in half term.

Iamalmost40 Sun 03-Nov-13 20:10:50

I watched it with my 5yo ds and we were both a bit underwhelmed really. Maybe because it was just so quick paced. Ds did say 'It was good but needs to have Spider-Man in it'.

sealight123 Sun 03-Nov-13 20:23:14

Truthfully, when I heard 'Lego Movie', I thought 'please please please don't do this world...please don't take another thing of my childhood and remake always ends in disaster' but after watching the trailer I found myself in a little giddy daughter is only 2...she hasn't played with Lego yet (but she will!!! ) and she was instantly hooked on this trailer too :P

Surprised how good the voice casting is...I mean Liam Neesom!!! That's pretty mental...

Looking forward to trying to make this the first film my daughter sees at the cinema smile

Ingles2 Sun 03-Nov-13 20:36:37

gazzalw I don't know if you can call him mature, but he's definitely a quirky sausage. smile
I was surprised I thought he would be keener..

stopthebusiwanttogetoff Sun 03-Nov-13 21:10:00

My 6yo will absolutely love this. The trailer is filled with exactly the sort of catch phrases that he loves to repeat and share, and the jokes are at just the right level - he will "get" them all, and no doubt tell me them again and again.

He does not keep his lego sets in boxes with their instructions, as I did as a child, but instead plays "freestyle" mixing up all sorts of ninjago/chima/star wars/city characters, and creating roles for them, so Emmet will really appeal to him.

I'm not really one for kid's films, but I would give the first-ever full-length lego movie a go for him!

sharond101 Sun 03-Nov-13 21:38:22

My DS will love this although I hope it's slower than the trailer or he wil l never understand it. The voice overs are good and all the different characters were getting DS very excited.

GetKnitted Sun 03-Nov-13 21:46:50

I just object going to see an hour and a half advert

GetKnitted Sun 03-Nov-13 21:48:30

Just looked at most of the other comments, clearly I am not a typcial mumsnetter!

Boggler Sun 03-Nov-13 21:49:42

Not too sure whether ds would like a full length Lego based film but the subject matter ie superheroes definitely appealed.

lucjam Mon 04-Nov-13 10:35:32

Watched it with 2 boys aged 6 and 7 and one 8 year old girl.

They loved it, we watched it twice. We are going to the park shortly and they are already planning toplay lego movie there and deciding who is going to be Emmet.

They thought that the best bit was the "to the bat mobile" "dang it" section and the bit where they said "what are you here to see" "your butt" (I can imagine I'm going to be heqaring that said over and over!!) They also enjhoyed spotting all the different lego mini figures, espcially the teenage mutant ninja turtles!

They all want to go and watch it in February.

There was also something for adults, loved the $38 coffee and the jumping jacks!! vioce overs great too. Also liked spotting the mini figures including Abraham Lincoln! Awesome. I can imagine that the whole family including DD1 who is 11 (currently at school,others are on an inset day) will want to watch it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now