This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Tell EE what the strangest thing is you’ve ever been asked to share - HTC One Mini (worth £365) up for grabs! NOW CLOSED

(112 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 23-Oct-13 11:57:10

EE have asked us to find out what the strangest thing is Mumsnetters have ever been asked to share.

Here's what EE have to say, "We're the UK's biggest mobile network and we've just created Shared 4GEE Plans. They are a new way for your household to share a pool of data across your devices from phones to laptops to tablets and still save money.

A Shared 4GEE Plan allows your whole family to enjoy the fastest speeds on EE's 4G network. It works by letting you share your data allowance across up to 5 devices whether they are 4G ready or not, and everyone can enjoy unlimited minutes and unlimited texts too. Even better, it's less money than having everyone on separate mobile contracts and you get it all on one simple bill. Shared 4GEE Plans are unique to EE and we want to celebrate their launch by asking you how sharing fits into your busy life.

We recently conducted a survey asking Mumsnetters what they would share and only 3% of respondents would be willing to share their toothbrush, which got us thinking - what is the most unusual item you've ever shared or have been asked to share?"

Perhaps a neighbour once asked to borrow your brand new car? Or your colleague asked for half your sandwich? Maybe your LO has been known to make strange requests to have share something? Where do you draw the line when sharing?

Everyone who adds their thoughts to this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a HTC One Mini handset worth £365. For full T&Cs please click here.

Please note your comments may be used (anonymously of course) on EE's pages on MN, social media channels and possibly elsewhere.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

Evenstar Thu 24-Oct-13 23:36:32

Another shared hotel room, but this was for a weekend away arranged by someone in a group I belong to. My DS and I were expected to share with a woman we had never met (he was 13 at the time!). My now fiance and his 2 sons were asked to share with a man they had never met, and further bizarre sharing arrangements were detailed including 3 men who had never met having to share a small room with 3 single beds.

To make matters worse the organiser had decided as there weren't enough spaces for everyone who wanted to go for the whole 3 night weekend she had said who could go for 1 night, 2 nights or 3 nights!!! As this would have involved a round trip of over 200 miles for me to share a room with a stranger and my 13 year old son for one night I decided not to go, as did everyone else, the organiser still couldn't see that she had done anything odd confused and declared (much to everyone's relief!) "I'm never organising an event again"

Fumnudge Thu 24-Oct-13 23:58:55

I used to share everything with my little sis, we would both have a bite of a sweet or chocolate, really grossed our mum out when we alternated chews on chewing gum.
I couldn't even do that with my H (I confess to letting my daughter have a chew of mine to see what it was like, so wrong)

NunoBettencourt Fri 25-Oct-13 01:15:03

Tbh the only thing I'd like to tell EE is to fuck off. Absolutely fuckng terrible company with such an awful reputation that I'm surprised MNHQ has anything to do with them.

SortingMeOut Fri 25-Oct-13 08:41:42

I share my secrets with mumsnet, of course.

plantsitter Fri 25-Oct-13 08:58:03

NunoBettencourt I wonder if you'll be entered in the prize draw anyway? grin

NunoBettencourt Fri 25-Oct-13 09:04:55

I hadn't thought about the prize draw. I was more hoping they'd use my comment on their site. I think that's likely, don't you? grin

Trills Fri 25-Oct-13 10:27:08

I'm often asked to share stories on MN threads that seem only very tangentially related to the business that is sponsoring the thread.

Nice one Trills

Choclate. Why would anyone think it okay to share chocolate? It's mine I tell you! Mine!!!!

Yay for mignonette sharing her bonemarrow!

You don't know what love is until you eat half a soggy wotsit your toddler is sharing with you.

And my dog is certain she is allowed to share my cups of tea (and my bed!)

Lightshines Fri 25-Oct-13 12:42:42

I always tell my children that I love them so much, I would share my last breath with them!

As I am typing this, it has obviously never actually happened grin but I do mean it.

viperslast Fri 25-Oct-13 13:22:17

Trills, I assume it is aimed at the big shared broadband idea they have so not too random really grin

magentastardust Fri 25-Oct-13 15:22:48

A lift home. Years ago when now DH and I were just young things , Dh's dad said he would pick us up from the airport when we arrived back from holiday . The airport was 150 miles from home and we had just arrived off a long haul flight. FIL was a taxi driver so as we got to the car we discovered that a lady and her young daughter were also in the car -The lady was looking to travel another 120 miles away back to her home in the opposite direction of where we lived and FIL has said yes to the very good money. The lady was nice and everything but by the time we dropped her home then drove all the way home it was the longest journey home ever. We would have just got the train but at 19 at the time we just went along with it!

lagoonhaze Fri 25-Oct-13 17:10:51

I share my blood.....

majjsu Fri 25-Oct-13 20:25:19

On holiday in Greece with my friends, we went to a restaurant. Being vegetarian I ordered the only veggie meal on the menu. When it arrived my meat eating friend asked if she could share my dish. Before I could reply, she put het hand in my dish of rice, cheese in vine leaves and took half. We had a bit of a fallout over it.

TheFutureMrsB Fri 25-Oct-13 20:37:25

My cousin doesn't want her DD to have any pets at home so she has asked if she can share our pets instead and will bring her around whenever she wants to see them!

Same cousin also asked if she could borrow my strapless bra for a night out, wouldn't have minded but her boobs are way bigger than mine and it would never have fitted.

Funnily enough same cousin again Yes she's a nag and a pain Wondering if we should go halves on a car?! How that would have worked I don't know as we didn't live particularly close at the time and both lead completely different lifestyles.

And then there's the kids, I don't own anything, it's all being shared with the kids. My 12 yr old pinched my Ben & Jerry's last night sad

Meanderer Sat 26-Oct-13 00:07:02

I'm an only child - never share anything!

LentilAsAnyFUCKERthing Sat 26-Oct-13 00:51:17

My friend and I used to go clubbing a lot, one of us would wear trainers, and one of us would wear heels, then we'd swop every do often during the night to give our feet a rest from the heels when needed, and it's just different dancing in trainers. That worked great. Happy days. (Hello P, if you see this. smile)

LentilAsAnyFUCKERthing Sat 26-Oct-13 00:51:43

*every so often ...

kateandme Sat 26-Oct-13 02:26:28

asked to share a pair of tights at a party!!

startupDad Sat 26-Oct-13 14:30:49

My DW frequently asks to share my food - even as an adult, it apparently tastes better from my plate.

glastohead Sat 26-Oct-13 14:31:02

My DS (7) is always demanding I share my wine or beer if I'm having one. Er.. no. hmm

underpants

well if thee are clean undies of his and i haven't got any - i dont see why not

SinisterMatic Sat 26-Oct-13 14:35:08

I had a stranger wanting me to share make up with her, she approached me as I was touching up make up in a night club toilet.

Er...no.

that reminds me

i shared glitter

glittering up my face for Gay Pride ( like you do) in the queue - practically every gay man asked for some glitter

i obliged of course

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now