Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

Tell EE what the strangest thing is you’ve ever been asked to share - HTC One Mini (worth £365) up for grabs! NOW CLOSED

(112 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 23-Oct-13 11:57:10

EE have asked us to find out what the strangest thing is Mumsnetters have ever been asked to share.

Here's what EE have to say, "We're the UK's biggest mobile network and we've just created Shared 4GEE Plans. They are a new way for your household to share a pool of data across your devices from phones to laptops to tablets and still save money.

A Shared 4GEE Plan allows your whole family to enjoy the fastest speeds on EE's 4G network. It works by letting you share your data allowance across up to 5 devices whether they are 4G ready or not, and everyone can enjoy unlimited minutes and unlimited texts too. Even better, it's less money than having everyone on separate mobile contracts and you get it all on one simple bill. Shared 4GEE Plans are unique to EE and we want to celebrate their launch by asking you how sharing fits into your busy life.

We recently conducted a survey asking Mumsnetters what they would share and only 3% of respondents would be willing to share their toothbrush, which got us thinking - what is the most unusual item you've ever shared or have been asked to share?"

Perhaps a neighbour once asked to borrow your brand new car? Or your colleague asked for half your sandwich? Maybe your LO has been known to make strange requests to have share something? Where do you draw the line when sharing?

Everyone who adds their thoughts to this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a HTC One Mini handset worth £365. For full T&Cs please click here.

Please note your comments may be used (anonymously of course) on EE's pages on MN, social media channels and possibly elsewhere.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

creepypenisreaper Thu 24-Oct-13 13:40:00

My flatmate wanted my ice-cube 'recipe'.... apparently she wanted to know how I 'got the chips so crunchy' hmm

AndHarry Thu 24-Oct-13 13:42:19

I was going to say toothbrush but as that's the example I'll try not to be boring.

I regarded anything someone asked to share while I was heavily pregnant and overdue as extremely unusual and unreasonable. I think I might actually have snarled at DH once for asking to share a huge tub of ice cream I was munching my way through.

plantsitter Thu 24-Oct-13 13:50:47

My 3 yr old DD's friend wants to share our cats. I've told her that she can share them but she'll have to come and have her cuddles at our house!

SalBeautyMoll Thu 24-Oct-13 13:52:19

DM is always crossing boundaries and taking a share in things when she hasn't asked for and I haven't wanted her to. She is very entitled and doesn't seem to respect people's private property. She has even taken my things and given them away to people without my permission.

The worst was when DH and I willingly lent her some money when she had a financial crisis (to be fair it wasn't her fault) and despite promises that it would all be repaid once the court settlement came through, when it did she tried to convince us to forgo the money and "invest" it in her new house purchase.

Er, no Mother, we lent you the bulk of our savings and couldn't afford not to have it back. She has a peculiar what's-yours-is-mine attitude.

SkylerRose Thu 24-Oct-13 13:53:28

my little brother wanted to share our room on my wedding night.... now I love my little bro but that was SO NOT HAPPENING! Lol. unless he wanted to be scared for life....envy

Tortoise Thu 24-Oct-13 14:06:27

Both my dogs are always wanting me to share my food with them!

Breastfeeding!

I was subtly feeding 10 day old ds and a friend said. "Oi,stop hogging him. Give me a share of the cuddles."

Er, I would, but he's feeding at the moment and I don't think we can share that.

rusmum Thu 24-Oct-13 14:26:42

My dog! My neighbour who lost her own dog last year asked to share mine. For the occasional visit/ walk. As she missed the company but doesn't want the ultimate responsibility of another one.wink

Theimpossiblegirl Thu 24-Oct-13 15:00:25

I'll share anything with DH except my car- he drives my tiny little car like it has a bigger engine and I can't bear to hear her struggle as he tries to do hill starts in second.

I like him to share his food when we eat out so I can choose 2 things I like instead of settling for one. I don't think he minds...

HoneyDragon Thu 24-Oct-13 15:31:24

My hospital bed.

I had gone in for breast reduction surgery, and the woman across from me was in for the same op. We were chatting and realised we were in the same town.

The following morning the ward realised we were overbooked. The manager came up and said I've heard you two get along and your both young would you mind sharing till the consultant comes at 3pm to check you both out and hopefully discharge you both.

We were both so gobsmacked we complied.

It was worse for the poor bugger who was then ushered into the vacated bed and had to feel bad looking at the pair of us sat together in bed sharing a bar of a Dairy milk and watching tv in our nighties grin

Steffanoid Thu 24-Oct-13 16:58:26

my dp has been asked to share a urinal in a nightclub

I've only really shared normal things food, sweets, a bee with my sister occasionally or friends, shared toilet cubicles too on niggts out, boring really...

Tinlegs Thu 24-Oct-13 18:33:15

"I've just done a fart Mummy and it has warmed up the sofa. If I budge up a bit you can feel the heat." Fart sharing? He was actually a but upset when I said no thanks,

WildThongsHeartString Thu 24-Oct-13 19:20:35

My tights! grin
It was on a girls night out and about 11pm I was set for going home (old)
Some of the others were going onto a club and we were in the ladies while they freshened their make up etc. Next thing was the cry of 'oh nooo' from the cubicle, the usual disaster of finger through tights. Wild to the rescue, but I still chuckle when the ungrateful bint shouts out 'yuk, they're still warm' as she pulled them on.
Lucky for her I had my tena on that night.

PepeLePew Thu 24-Oct-13 19:37:57

My best friend once asked to share my date. We were going to a fairly formal party, I had a date and she didn't. She didn't want to spend the whole night without a date, so asked if she could share him. Which we did, but we didn't let him know he was being shared. He probably wondered where I kept disappearing to, leaving him with her.

My boss's mother once offered to share her toothbrush. But that's whole other story.

IamInvisisble Thu 24-Oct-13 19:38:15

A bed, with my French pen friend and her parents.

When I was 13 I went on the school French Exchange. They'd already been to England and I thought my penfriend was a bit odd. When I got to her house they showed me to the bedroom and there was this massive bed. She said "you sleep here with my mama, papa and me!" I looked round, only one bed! I was shocked and squeaked "no" so they gave me a funny look and showed me to another room.

Then during the evening meal it became apparent that we were all meant to take a turn in sharing our meal with the little dog they had. It would climb on your lap and eat off your plate!

I hated that 'experience!'

BlackberrySeason Thu 24-Oct-13 20:22:07

My DSis used to love 'sharing' taking my clothes when we were teens grin

We recently moved to a new house with a water meter. After we got the first bill in (shock) DH suggested that we should all share bath water in order to try and get the bill down!

I'm all for sharing things but other peoples dirty bath water?! I draw the line there!

WiseKneeHair Thu 24-Oct-13 21:00:51

When I was about 7 or 8, I shared a hamster with the boy who lived about 4 doors down the road. We would have him ( he was called JR, so you can probably guess the decadegrin) for a week at a time and then carry him in his cage to the others house.
We had a falling out at one stage and would just march up the road and hand this poor hamster over without talking to each other! Bit like with an ex, I guess!

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Thu 24-Oct-13 21:02:06

A tampon

HoneyDragon Thu 24-Oct-13 21:27:27

On behalf of everyone.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

SPsTombRaidingWithCliff Thu 24-Oct-13 21:43:52

I should have said it was the toddler who thought it was a toy mouse and wanted to play after I had grin

nevergoogle Thu 24-Oct-13 21:51:22

oh wow, that's revolting. smile

GetKnitted Thu 24-Oct-13 22:21:06

A bath, and I'll leave the rest to your imaginations :D

mignonnette Thu 24-Oct-13 22:55:16

My bone marrow. Ten years ago. Not strange I guess but unusual.

unadulterateddad Thu 24-Oct-13 23:04:31

my cat is always asking me if I want to share the remaining half of the mouse that she caught, she's always disappointed when I refuse.... Once she left it on the pillow next to me in case I was hungry when I woke up in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now