Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

Tell TASSIMO about your favourite hot drink and you could win a TASSIMO T20 and 2 packs of T DISCs worth £109! NOW CLOSED

(312 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Oct-13 15:38:37

The team at TASSIMO would like to know about Mumsnetters favourite hot drinks.

Heres what TASSIMO have to say: "TASSIMO has all your favourite drinks from the brands you love such as Costa, Cadbury, Kenco, Twinings, Milka, Carte Noire and Suchard. With more than 35 different drinks for you to choose from, including classic Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, Espresso, Hot Chocolate and Tea, yours will be ready at the push of a button. Its as easy as one, two, tea."

So, what are your favourite hot drinks? Do you like to start your day with a latte or cappuccino? Maybe you drink gallons of tea each day? Or do you keep it very simple with the odd espresso?

Are there any coffee shop drinks you wish you could make at home? Perhaps a Latte Macchiato Caramel? grin Or maybe a hot chocolate topped with marshmallows? Have you ever tried to recreate these at home? Or do you consider them to be an occasional treat? If you're a tea drinker, do you like to stick to your favourite brew or try new varieties?

Whatever your hot drink of choice is, TASSIMO would love to hear about it.

Theyd also love to know whether you have a TASSIMO or whether it has made it onto your wish list. If you have a TASSIMO, tell us what you love about it! Feel free to share any of your TASSIMO recipes from your repertoire.

Everyone who adds their comments to this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a TASSIMO T20 and 2 packs of T DISCs worth £109.

Please note your comments may be included on TASSIMO's social media channels, and possibly elsewhere, so please only post if you're comfortable with this.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

PS you can grab a TASSIMO T4 for £45 on their Facebook page for a limited time only. Here's the link: www.facebook.com/TassimoUK/app_179219272252969

rupert23 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:55:45

its got to be a latte all the way i love it when i am sitting down after rushing around after the kids. Its my treat to myself

babySophieRose Wed 02-Oct-13 17:57:42

I like black americano or occasionally double shoot of expresso with milk. Nothing fancy i am afraidsmile

Aethelfleda Wed 02-Oct-13 18:01:55

I am a large scale tea drinker with a "treat" cup of proper coffee a few times a week and one or two cups of instant coffee in the morning.

I would say my favourite coffee shop drink is a toss-up between Chai Latte and Caramel Macchiato. It's the frothing milk that's hardest to recreate at home: BUT....sorry Tassimo, but your current latte pods are incredibly pricey and mpre importantly are UHT.... As a result, The latte taste just doesn't compare to coffeeshop lattes. The moment you can get a non-UHT-tasting latte I will be storming the shops to get a Tassimo!!

MadMonkeys Wed 02-Oct-13 18:07:13

My favourite hot drink was Twinings Earl Grey but since they have changed the blend i just can't find Earl Grey i like.

VikingVagine Wed 02-Oct-13 18:07:28

Coffee with a dash of Bailies sweet condensed milk as a pick me up at work (teacher).

Hot chocolate made with chunks of good quality chocolate (min 70%), full fat milk, a pinch of cinnamon and a marshmallow on top.

Chai: half milk, half water, heated in a pan with a pinch of mixed spice and a tsp of sugar, then spoon of black tea for three minutes.

FairyJen Wed 02-Oct-13 18:09:13

My favourite hot drink is very specific. It was a lovely cup of coffee I had on the 9th may 2007. I went into labour shortly after and have never been able to have a peaceful brew since! sad

NotDead Wed 02-Oct-13 18:15:08

My favourite hot drink is a well-made espresso with Lavazza ground or beans ground by me, made up by a stove-top espresso maker.

Pod coffee does my head in. I call it coffee for people who don't really like coffee..its too weak, too expensive, and too sanitised for me, and the taste is bland and poorly rounded. I resent being 'trained' to spend too much and to like a standardise taste in every sphere, but in coffee most of all.

RubyRR Wed 02-Oct-13 18:16:19

Hot choclate with sorm marshmallows undr the cream, a few on top and a flake dipped in. I like nice hot chocolate not where it's watery or tastes like powder in a puddle. I tend to try them at independent cafes.

farrowandbawl Wed 02-Oct-13 18:20:47

I love my tassimo.

The cadbury hot choc is nice but could we have some flavourd hot chocolates please?

Mint
orange & cardamom
Gingerbread
Maybe even cafe mocha flavour?

My favorite drink?

Starbucks did an eggnog or gingerbread latte last year - It was one of the best things I've ever drank.

Oh yeah...EGGNOG flavoured hot chocolate! Please?

SaucerfulofSecrets Wed 02-Oct-13 18:21:07

I love a large, black, filter coffee in the morning. In the evening I like a latte with skimmed milk (must be extra hot!) or a caramel latte but would love some caramel drizzle for the top like they have in Starbucks grin

EstoyAqui Wed 02-Oct-13 18:22:02

I adore coffee. In any form. My favourite is a brand called Delta coffee. It's normally found in Portuguese restaurants. I get my friend to bring me back some when he goes to Portugal. I once drank so many cups whilst in a café that I got a migraine blush

My favourite is an espresso in the morning and a latte at lunch. I love syrups with the latte but prefer them not premixed as some days I prefer more than less.

Before bed I like a Valerian tea as it helps me settle <realises I sound like a right old gimmer>.

EstoyAqui Wed 02-Oct-13 18:23:08

saucerful you can buy the Starbucks drizzles. My DCs like them on their banana muffins.

PistachioTruffle Wed 02-Oct-13 18:24:00

Skinny vanilla latte or a gingerbread latte in autumn-winter, tasty and festive!

My favourite drink is the milky coffee my mum use to make, hot milk with instant coffee. Pure nostalgia and memories of my mum. If I had it now I`d probably hate it grin

Love strong black coffee, especially with a side order of good quality dark choc.

gazzalw Wed 02-Oct-13 18:37:17

We are coffee purists in this house and really tend to drink it without the Italian influence! We only rarely drink tea - usually if SIL pops over for afternoon tea!

Well when I've been in Spain I've loved the Suizo - a very thick, smooth hot chocolate drink with whipped cream on the top - truly the most divine hot drink ever and this from a committed 'real' coffee drinker grin.

No we don't because no-one's bought one for us as a pressie. We haven't really got sufficient spare cash to be treating ourselves to a Tassimo sad. We would love one though! Pity such machines didn't exist when we got married otherwise we'd have had one on our wedding pressie list.

DameFanny Wed 02-Oct-13 18:41:24

It has to be a big black americano first thing in the morning. Then I'm able to wake ds and get on with the day.

blueeyedpea Wed 02-Oct-13 18:45:23

Got to be a rich black coffee with plenty of flavour. We have a Tassimo that we treated ourselves to and tend to use it if it is one person having a drink rather than make a cafetiere of coffee for one. I don't like instant so Tassimo is ideal for this... also our teenagers use it for hot chocolate and lattes.

I would like a good peppermint and a chamomile tea.

mousebacon Wed 02-Oct-13 19:17:42

I always choose to have a caramel latte when I go to a coffee shop. I've tried to make it with syrup etc at home but it's never the same!

AlexReidsLonelyBraincell Wed 02-Oct-13 19:18:57

I love a skinny caramel cappuccino with an extra espresso shot, when work is ultra hectic it's a real treat. (we have a Costa in our hospital). Nurses mainline coffee. grin

I had a filter coffee machine which broke (overuse???), I've discovered Douwe Egberts Instant Caramel coffee which is lovely and starts my day off beautifully.

If I have tea it has to be Yorkshire, so strong you can stand the spoon up in it.

I know the thread said one drink, but it depends what type of day and the mood that I'm in.
I make a mean hot chocolate with cinnamon, cream and salted caramel drizzle, sounds too sickly to be true - but it's so lovely. smile

MissPlumBroughtALadder Wed 02-Oct-13 19:22:48

Must confess I've never heard of Tassimo machines, sorry!
But to answer the question if my favourite hot drink: I make the BEST chai at home by blending up fresh ginger and whole spices, brewing them with tea and (soy) milk and honey, straining the mix then frothing it up and serving it to very grateful recipients smile

OldRoan Wed 02-Oct-13 19:24:47

Love a mint hot chocolate sitting in a window watching people in the rainy dusk with bags of shopping for Christmas.

I'm really craving chai tea at the moment though - a work colleague told me how to make it from scratch on the hob and it is wonderful.

Assam tea at home and lots of it.

ibbydibby Wed 02-Oct-13 19:34:05

Best drink: tea. Drink gallons at home. At work, have started drinking coffee, as don't like the tea there. And round off the day with a lovely steaming mug of hot chocolate.

DanielMcSpaniel Wed 02-Oct-13 19:36:20

My favourite hot drink is the thermal mug of builders brew that dh brings me in bed at 6am. Strong enough to stand a spoon in - Yorkshire Tea for preference. Otherwise a strong americano or thick hot chocolate both work well to perk me up.

BadRoly Wed 02-Oct-13 19:41:53

I drink black coffee ever since an I dependant 'artisan' coffee shop opened in town. The owner is really enthusiastic (and perhaps a little flirty) and got me into trying different coffees. He gets really excited when he gets a new 'special' in!

At home I make do with a hand me down Senseo which is limited to what pods I can get in Lidl hmm

Of an evening/late afternoon I switch to poncey herbal teas - peppermint, chamomile or nettle unless it's REALLY grim outside. Then I have an Ovaltine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now