This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Tell TASSIMO about your favourite hot drink and you could win a TASSIMO T20 and 2 packs of T DISCs worth £109! NOW CLOSED

(312 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Oct-13 15:38:37

The team at TASSIMO would like to know about Mumsnetters favourite hot drinks.

Heres what TASSIMO have to say: "TASSIMO has all your favourite drinks from the brands you love such as Costa, Cadbury, Kenco, Twinings, Milka, Carte Noire and Suchard. With more than 35 different drinks for you to choose from, including classic Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, Espresso, Hot Chocolate and Tea, yours will be ready at the push of a button. Its as easy as one, two, tea."

So, what are your favourite hot drinks? Do you like to start your day with a latte or cappuccino? Maybe you drink gallons of tea each day? Or do you keep it very simple with the odd espresso?

Are there any coffee shop drinks you wish you could make at home? Perhaps a Latte Macchiato Caramel? grin Or maybe a hot chocolate topped with marshmallows? Have you ever tried to recreate these at home? Or do you consider them to be an occasional treat? If you're a tea drinker, do you like to stick to your favourite brew or try new varieties?

Whatever your hot drink of choice is, TASSIMO would love to hear about it.

Theyd also love to know whether you have a TASSIMO or whether it has made it onto your wish list. If you have a TASSIMO, tell us what you love about it! Feel free to share any of your TASSIMO recipes from your repertoire.

Everyone who adds their comments to this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a TASSIMO T20 and 2 packs of T DISCs worth £109.

Please note your comments may be included on TASSIMO's social media channels, and possibly elsewhere, so please only post if you're comfortable with this.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

PS you can grab a TASSIMO T4 for £45 on their Facebook page for a limited time only. Here's the link: www.facebook.com/TassimoUK/app_179219272252969

GinBar Wed 02-Oct-13 16:43:33

I don't function until i've had a black coffee in the morning, generally coffee will always be hot, no added milk or sugar, just as it is, perfect. Therrst of the day is spent drinking gallons of tea, decaf at the moment s i'm breastfeeding.
Would love to make at home that really thick italian hot chocolate you get in coffee shops, it's like drinking hot chocolate sauce and reminds me of snowy days and mountains, heaven

MikeLitoris Wed 02-Oct-13 16:45:08

Well I drink tea most often as it is quick and easy.

For a treat I make hot chocolate with warm milk and cream, melted chocolate and topped with whipped cream amd marshmallows.

My ultimate hot drink is a black forest hot chocolate that one of the coffee shops around here sell at Christmas. It is amazing!

ProfondoRosso Wed 02-Oct-13 16:49:02

Earl Grey French Blue tea from Mariage Freres in Paris - loose leaf in a little glass pot.

Or a gorgeous, super-strong little espresso with one lump of sugar in it.

IloveJudgeJudy Wed 02-Oct-13 16:49:25

I have tried many different coffees from many different shops - Costa, Republic, Caffe Nero, etc and anothing comes close to the Waitrose white coffee. It comes from a machine in our local Waitrose. I can't remember the make of the machine, but it's Swiss. You can see the coffee beans being ground and then the liquid pours into the cup, together with proper milk. Delicious. Not too bitter at all. The best coffee ever.

shanks313 Wed 02-Oct-13 16:50:28

The hot drink I like the most is a gingerbread latte .. Would love to make it coffee shop style at home

ErrolTheDragon Wed 02-Oct-13 16:51:28

Tea - two or three to get going in the morning, more through the day, decaf tea after 6pm. I like the smell of coffee so I'll happily make DH his in an individual cafetiere (he likes Lavazzo red label).

I quite like Clipper Green Tea with lemon, and various herbals if I'm doing a fast day.

mumofboyo Wed 02-Oct-13 16:55:56

We have a tassimo machine and love it! It's so easy to use and clean and the range of drinks available for it is great. I don't like coffee, I'm a tea drinker normally, but I love the Cadbury's hot chocolate, it's sweet enough to get rid of any sugar cravings, has a great chocolatey flavour and a smooth, velvety texture. The only problem with it is that you only get 8 in a pack!

I know you can get a range of teas for the tassimo, but I've never tried them, I don't know why!

DH likes the Kenko Coffee pods, I think because of the strength and rich coffee flavour. He likes to try any new brand of coffee wherever possible, especially if it's a well known brand such as Costa. I think he'd be more than happy to try different flavours, especially the syrups that you can ask for when in a coffee shop.

whattodoo Wed 02-Oct-13 16:56:09

Earl Grey tea first thing in the morning, followed by a latte mid morning then coffee for the rest of the day. Generally have a hot choc during the evening.

I'm a sucker for Costa's seasonal specials, and try not to think of the calories.

My sis has a tassimo and she makes a great macciato.

crazykat Wed 02-Oct-13 17:01:52

Cappuccino and an americano with an extra shot of espresso are my favourites from a coffee shop. I've tried making them at home but its just doesn't taste right. My BIL has a tassimo and its brilliant, I've wanted one for ages but we never have the money to buy one.

I love to start the day with a latte. We have a stovetop espresso maker for the espresso shots and heat the milk in a pan, giving it a good whisk for a frothy finish. A bit faffy, but worth it smile

Tee2072 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:06:07

I just like good coffee. I hate instant with a passion and won't drink it.

Today I had a large latte with an extra shot at my favourite coffee place.

I also like well brewed tea.

I have thought about buying a TASSIMO but I think it's too expensive per cup.

DoubleMum Wed 02-Oct-13 17:07:24

I'm a tea drinker really, it's against the law in this house to go too long without a cuppa. But of the Tassimo drinks I do love the caramel latte, and I'm partial to a Cadbury's hot chocolate too.

clux73 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:08:03

I like different drinks at different times. It's essential to start and end the day with a weak black Earl Grey, I like a black Americano mid morning, can't beat a rich hot chocolate on an autumn/winter afternoon. If I've had a huge meal I like a fresh mint tea. My husband is my total opposite - likes milky builders tea and lattes.

clux73 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:11:00

Forgot to say, we do have a tassimo and love it. It turns a drink into a treat. Don't have one everyday but at the weekends it makes breakfast a bit more special. Husband is not lliking the milk that comes with the lattes as it tastes "fake" so he is now having an espresso and warming up his own milk. The kids love sharing a hot chocolate after their swimming lesson. And I like a nice black coffee. Haven't used it for tea as it seems a very expensive way to drink tea.

ShatnersBassoon Wed 02-Oct-13 17:17:06

I love a cortado. A good hit of caffeine and quick to drink. I don't even bother trying to make them at home, to much faff and disappointment.

I love proper creamy hot chocolate - either with a little bit of coffee (Mocha?) or a little bit of caramel in it. Cream and marshmallows on top and I'm a happy girl!

Turnipvontrapp Wed 02-Oct-13 17:23:59

I love a cappuccino or latte. Feels like a treat and if its skimmed milk, much better than a bar of chocolate!

rallytog1 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:25:26

I'm yet to find a hot drinks machine that can produce a decent cup of tea. I'm not sure if it's because they don't generally get the water all the way up to boiling point, but nothing I've found compares to kettle-boiled water and tea leaves. I would love it if I could get a machine that could make a good cuppa.

SnowyMouse Wed 02-Oct-13 17:26:26

My favourite drink is hot chocolate, adding a teaspoon of custard powder helps make it smooth.

titchy Wed 02-Oct-13 17:27:36

The latte I buy from Ben at the station each morning is my favourite! It's my little daily treat to myself for surviving another morning of dragging two teens out of bed, shovelling breakfast down them in time to boot them out to catch the bus, then marching at break-neck speed to the station. Rich creamy latte, book, peace for the half hour train journey - ahhhh! <then tackling London in rush hour..eek!....>

Rebelrebel Wed 02-Oct-13 17:28:06

The only instant coffee I like is instant espresso powder - the Percol one - it is strong and nutty and just lovely. If at Costa I like a cortado.

On holiday with Americans recently I realised just how lovely coffee is with cream but I normally have whole milk at home.

I was just saying to someone the other day I would like to try a chai latte - but at £3.50 it's a bit pricy for something that I might hate!

aftereight Wed 02-Oct-13 17:28:15

I make my own lattes with an espresso and piping hot milk, frothed if i can be bothered.
I too would love a decent chocolate mint drink, preferably dark choc with decent peppermint extract.

Lg74 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:28:35

A coffee for me in the morning to keep me awake! A skinny vanilla latte when out am about, if the coffee shop does it.

ThePearShapedToad Wed 02-Oct-13 17:36:32

Hot full fat milk, with grated orange zest, nutmeg and 80% dark chocolate melted in

And then on naughty nights, a splash of Cointreau. Blissful smile

Suddengeekgirl Wed 02-Oct-13 17:43:16

The bet hot drink is the one that I get to enjoy all the way through, in peace, without it going cold before I finish it! smile
(Can you tell have have 2 young dc?)

My favourite is a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows.
Oh and I really like a decaf gingerbread latte. It's hot to be decaf though- and very milky!
And you can't beat a peppermint tea for solving the 'I've eaten too much' tummy aches that start in the festive season! smile

I'd LOVE a fancy machine to make me a drink no other bugger does!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now