This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Share your peanut butter snack recipes and serving suggestions with Whole Earth - £150 voucher to be won! NOW CLOSED

(186 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 30-Sep-13 16:04:07

Whole Earth has asked us to find out Mumsnetters' favourite peanut butter related snacks.

Here's what Whole Earth has to say, "Mums buy Whole Earth peanut butter because they know it's naturally delicious. Made with 97% peanuts, no added sugar and loaded with energy Mums know that choosing Whole Earth peanut butter is a great way to fuel their families throughout the day. It is also a perfect ingredient for baking crunchy peanut butter cookies - a delicious after school treat."

Do you use peanut butter to create homemade snacks for you or your DCs? What about peanut butter popcorn or peanut butter granola bars? Or perhaps you just use it to dip celery or carrot sticks into? However you snack with peanut butter we'd love to know.

Everyone who adds their feedback or uploads a photo of their snack will be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 voucher for a supermarket of their choice.

Many thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Oct-13 16:54:54

Hi everyone, thanks for adding your thoughts to the thread. Congratulations to ladygoingGaga who won the prize draw!

BistoBear Mon 14-Oct-13 11:46:26

Why bother with recipes when you can eat it straight out the jar?!

mamatron Mon 14-Oct-13 11:40:54

Peanut butter on rice cakes, or crumpets, or toast, or just straight from the jar.

clubnail Sun 13-Oct-13 12:56:57

Peanut butter cupcakes.
Peanut butter with celery.
Peanut butter and seitan, fried in a little oil, dipped in chillie sauce.
peanut butter flapjacks.
peanut butter on bagels. Easy.

CheekyChimpsMummy Fri 11-Oct-13 08:16:34

Ooooooh yum!

Peanut butter and chocolate spread pancakes.... too good for just pancake day only. This is my ultimate dessert - especially with squirty cream

Damn.... It's 8am and now I'm thinking about pb&c pancakes (not good for the diet, hey ho!)

Bubbles85 Fri 11-Oct-13 07:48:02

Slices of apple dipped in peanut butter. Makes me believe that it's a healthy snack!

OanaChi Thu 10-Oct-13 07:42:40

Hubby is on a paleo diet and he eats your peanut butter straight from the jar! He goes through one a week. I love a peanut butter and jam sandwich myself occasionally.

Solo Wed 09-Oct-13 23:55:58

I know!!! grin

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Wed 09-Oct-13 10:49:17

Just had peanut butter sandwiching two chocolate digestives together. I think it's my new favourite treat.

Tiggles Wed 09-Oct-13 10:20:15

Peanut butter and chocolate spread on (McVities) digestive biscuits smile

Rockinhippy Wed 09-Oct-13 08:17:36

Don't need it Solo

we can gorge on peanut butter etc & still manage to keep an hour glass figure wink

cheeky mare!
grin

Solo Wed 09-Oct-13 00:00:07

Can I point you all to the Paul McKenna I can Make You Thin thread anyone? wink

Doubtfuldaphne Tue 08-Oct-13 22:34:25

Peanut butter strawberry jam and banana on toast
That is my favourite ever snack!

mignonette Tue 08-Oct-13 20:52:17

This is gorgeous. I have made cakes with it too. It is lovely with coconut and banana.

FrameyMcFrame Tue 08-Oct-13 20:50:17

Just got some from Sainsbury's, never tried it before either but it's bloody lovely!

As is peanut butter.

I like peanut butter and butter!

Hopezibah Tue 08-Oct-13 20:20:32

the kids also love to mix peanut butter and chocolate spread on toast or crackers.

Hopezibah Tue 08-Oct-13 20:19:53

Ricecakes, spread with whole earth peanut butter, then topped with slices of banana - yum! A drizzle of honey can be added too.

Honey and peanut butter sandwiches is another favourite!

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Tue 08-Oct-13 19:55:35

Never tried almond butter. Where did you get it? Didn't like cashew butter much, but I would expect almond butter to be much tastier.

FrameyMcFrame Tue 08-Oct-13 19:12:48

Has anyone tried Almond butter?
It's bloody girgeous and can be used in similar fashion to PB

bumpandbeyond Tue 08-Oct-13 12:09:13

With the haloween season approaching, I do love to take the seeds of out the pumpkins, wash and dry with towel, then fry lightly with olive oil. Really yummy and healthy!

nerysw Mon 07-Oct-13 18:52:12

Peanut butter and nutella on ryvita.

mrscog Mon 07-Oct-13 11:55:11

I have just had peanut butter and honey on toast. My god how had I not thought of this before?! Twas immense smile

LalyRawr Sun 06-Oct-13 23:25:53

Slice apple, spread PB, eat, hide jar, lie to DC & OH and say there is none left.

Easy.

ctrlaltdel Sun 06-Oct-13 22:50:30

Peanut butter, ham and tomato ketchup on white squidgy bread = delicious sandwich

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now