This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Share your peanut butter snack recipes and serving suggestions with Whole Earth - £150 voucher to be won! NOW CLOSED

(186 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 30-Sep-13 16:04:07

Whole Earth has asked us to find out Mumsnetters' favourite peanut butter related snacks.

Here's what Whole Earth has to say, "Mums buy Whole Earth peanut butter because they know it's naturally delicious. Made with 97% peanuts, no added sugar and loaded with energy Mums know that choosing Whole Earth peanut butter is a great way to fuel their families throughout the day. It is also a perfect ingredient for baking crunchy peanut butter cookies - a delicious after school treat."

Do you use peanut butter to create homemade snacks for you or your DCs? What about peanut butter popcorn or peanut butter granola bars? Or perhaps you just use it to dip celery or carrot sticks into? However you snack with peanut butter we'd love to know.

Everyone who adds their feedback or uploads a photo of their snack will be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 voucher for a supermarket of their choice.

Many thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

sammisatt Wed 02-Oct-13 21:49:08

That 'mums know best' shit is so dated and patronising. It made me want to gag on my peanut butter and marmite on toast.

VivaLeThrustBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 22:21:54

Peanut butter cornflake squares

3 cups corn flakes, crushed
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup golden syrup
6 ounces chocolate chips
Directions:

Heat peanut butter, sugar and syrup syrup over low heat to melt. Stir in cereal.

Pat into a 8x8 lightly greased pan. (I line my pan with foil and then lightly spray it. When it is time to cut them, the foil lifts right out.).

Melt chocolate chips over low heat or in the microwave and spread over top. Cool until firm.

VivaLeThrustBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 22:23:34

Now a healthy option, my favourite salad in the world.

Thai bok choi salad with peanut dressing.

1/4 cup natural smooth peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 medium garlic clove, smashed
1 teaspoon chile-garlic paste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the salad:
2 pounds baby bok choy
2 1/2 cups fresh small-dice pineapple (from about 1/2 medium pineapple)
2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
1/2 medium English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
2 medium scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
INSTRUCTIONS
For the dressing:
Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a blender and blend on high until smooth. With the motor running, slowly stream in the oil until it is fully incorporated; set the dressing aside in the blender.
For the salad:

Cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, rinse it, and dry it. Cut the leaves crosswise into 1-inch-wide ribbons, cut the stalks crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces, and transfer both to a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients, drizzle with the dressing, and toss to combine. Serve immediately.

bibindum Wed 02-Oct-13 22:34:23

Peanut butter,avocado and cheese sandwich for a serious vegetarian protein boost.

MollyBerry Wed 02-Oct-13 23:04:39

A bit like garibaldi is squared flies you can make ants on a log, celery, peanut butter and place strategic raisins or 'ants' on. Makes a fun snack

Noordinarygirl Wed 02-Oct-13 23:29:08

Spread a little PNB on a ritz cracker, top with a large marshmallow then grill until brownish on top of marshmallow and they are kind of melting . These are just AMAAAAZINGLY yummy.

Noordinarygirl Wed 02-Oct-13 23:29:22

Spread a little PNB on a ritz cracker, top with a large marshmallow then grill until brownish on top of marshmallow and they are kind of melting . These are just AMAAAAZINGLY yummy.

macandcheesewithbaconbits Wed 02-Oct-13 23:36:38

Toasties with peanut butter and malteasers

Solo Thu 03-Oct-13 01:05:42

Ds loves peanut butter on (in?) celery with raisins or sultana's. I love peanut butter out of the jar in sandwiches with slices of banana. Yummy!!

DaleyBump Thu 03-Oct-13 02:48:33

Another one for peanut butter on celery but with raisins or sultanas on top. It's called ants on a log grin

DaleyBump Thu 03-Oct-13 02:49:00

Bloody hell Solo grin

Solo Thu 03-Oct-13 04:57:40

What?!!!

nightcircus Thu 03-Oct-13 05:20:47

The Elvis Burger
Annie's Burger Shack

Burger topped with peanut butter, raspberry jam, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo.

SleeplessInBedfordshire Thu 03-Oct-13 07:52:09

I like to keep it simple. You can't beat a toasted bagel with butter and peanut butter. Yum!

Theimpossiblegirl Thu 03-Oct-13 08:51:50

I warm crunchy peanut butter in a dish and use it to dip chicken satay. For the adults, I add some chilli but I keep it plain for the kids. If it's a bit thick, you can add a drop more oil.

ArtisanLentilWeaver Thu 03-Oct-13 08:57:24

Ooh, I forgot that you could buy chips with peanut butter sauce on top in the Netherlands.

pindasaus recipe

MartyrStewart Thu 03-Oct-13 10:14:39

Either spread on a slice of malt loaf or in a chicken salad sandwich - I love PB.

Or straight from the jar smile

sis Thu 03-Oct-13 10:28:49

Peanut butter, chilli powder (or flakes), lime juice, fresh coriander and plain youghurt all mixed up - smallish amount as a dip or larger amount and add some soy sauce and hot water for a lovely sauce for pasta or noodles.

YoungBritishPissArtist Thu 03-Oct-13 13:31:38

Please tell me this thread will stay - so many good ideas!

My fave: Healthy-ish choc PB milkshake

2 frozen bananas
1 cup of milk
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp PB
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Whizz in a blender grin

MadMonkeys Thu 03-Oct-13 14:03:16

The best thing to do with peanut butter is put it in the bin grin. It is known as cat sick in our household as it bears such a striking resemblance to it!

hairtwiddler Thu 03-Oct-13 14:06:21

I mix crunchy peanut butter with Dutch apple spread (or 100% apple and pear spread by Suma). It gives it a sweetness but not as sweet as jam. I spread on crispbreads. Often have it for breakfast.

DaleyBump Thu 03-Oct-13 15:15:18

Solo, I was saying bloody hell because without even reading the thread I pretty much copied you word-for-word grin

LegoAcupuncture Thu 03-Oct-13 16:22:38

I make peanut butter shortbread, cut it into fingers and dip it in melted dark chocolate. It is divine, don't make it too often though as I eat half of it before it is cooked because it goes pretty fast in this house of peanut butter lovers.

BadlyWrittenPoem Thu 03-Oct-13 21:22:51

On celery. Or in a sandwich with sliced banana.

debka Fri 04-Oct-13 12:52:11

Peanut butter squares.

250g bashed up digestives, 200g soft brown sugar, 150g melted butter, 300g crunchy peanut butter. Mix together well and press into a lined tin. Melt 200g chocolate and spread over the top. Hour in the fridge, cut up, try to share. Heaven.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now