This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

NOW CLOSED Business owners: smartphones seem to be everywhere nowadays, but are you making the most of yours when it comes to your business? Share your tips with Barclays and you could win a £200 JL voucher

(33 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Jul-13 14:05:16

Are you a business owner or self employed?

Barclays say "To celebrate two ingenious apps from Barclays: the Barclays Mobile Banking app, which lets you manage your business finances and cash flow when you are out and about; and Barclays Pingit, an app that lets you send and receive money using just a mobile number, we want you to share your top tips on how to make running your business easier with a smartphone."

Share your top business smartphone related tips on this thread - everyone who adds a comment before the closing date of 22nd July 2013 will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £200 John Lewis voucher. Please note your anonymous submitted tips may well be used on the Barclays pages on MN as well as possibly elsewhere.

Please also let Barclays know if you've tried Barclays Mobile Banking app or Barclays Pingit for your business.

Thanks
MNHQ

PS: For hints on how Pingit could work for your business see here

ratbagcatbag Thu 18-Jul-13 15:39:32

Worked until recently as an Avon rep.(just stopped as had my dd) I used my phone to share their digital brochure on Facebook, which helped pick up additional orders. I used to also keep a log of all my customers, where I'd left brochures, when people were back and also what their usual favourites were, this meant I could point out relevant offers making it cheaper for them and guaranteeing orders for myself. It was very easy as I was out completing my round to call up the details of each customer. I also for each brochure detailed offers that most people would like, again easy to pull up if people queried the offers.

The obvious one I'd also pick up emails and I entered my order online whilst in the car waiting at football for DSS. It was easy and on the go.

I haven't used the barclays apps.

RedPenny Thu 18-Jul-13 16:03:28

Being self-employed it is important to be in contact with business partners, suppliers, customers, etc, so email on my phone is essential. I also use my phone use it to check web sites, and of course call/text. A PDF reader is useful for document downloads. Whatever did we do before smartphones?

Letitsnow9 Thu 18-Jul-13 16:04:41

A weekly text update on the bank account is helpful

ThatsSoVanquish Sat 20-Jul-13 15:42:11

Meant to say I haven't used those apps. We have just started up (first cheque arrived a few days ago!). I envisage doing most business by cheque or BACS but maybe I am behind the times - need to get more info on these.

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Jul-13 11:14:55

Thanks for all your comments. The winner of the £200 John Lewis voucher is...

googietheegg

Congratulations, I'll PM you for your details.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 22-Jul-13 11:38:19

well done googietheegg smile

googietheegg Mon 22-Jul-13 11:59:30

Omg, I might BURST!! Thank you so much.

googietheegg Thu 08-Aug-13 11:55:51

Hello mumsnet! I've not received anything from Barclays/John Lewis yet - should I be patient or is there a dodgy postie with a lovely new handbag somewhere? I've pm'd katiebmumsnet too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now