This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Early for pickup? Friend running late? Let Barclays know how you make the most of an unexpected 5 minutes downtime out of the house, for your chance to win a £200 John Lewis voucher - NOW CLOSED

(280 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Jul-13 14:01:26

Barclays say "It's happened to all of us - you're out and about and you find yourself with some unexpected free time on your hands - you're a few minutes early for pickup, or one of the kids is bravely allowing a hairdresser to trim their locks."

"We're putting together the ultimate list of tips to maximise lost moments throughout the day, to celebrate two ingenious apps from Barclays: the Barclays Mobile Banking app, which lets you manage your finances when you are out and about; and Barclays Pingit, an app that lets you send and receive money using just a mobile number."

So they are asking, what do you do with that time? How do you make the most of the moments and once they have all added up, what would you spend an extra hour on a week?

Let us know your thoughts on this thread - everyone who adds a comment before the closing date of 15th July 2013 will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £200 John Lewis voucher. Please note your anonymous submitted tips may well be used on the Barclays pages on MN as well as possibly elsewhere.

Thanks
MNHQ

SaltySeaBird Sun 14-Jul-13 18:10:48

I use iBooks on my iPhone to read for a few moments. I wouldn't necessarily have my Kindle with me if I had an unexpected 5 mins but I do normally have my phone on me. I've even read a few pages while waiting for a train at the level crossing.

Depending on the day of the week I jot down a few ideas for a meal plan the following week as that saves me time when I later do my shopping list.

I check my phone for unanswered texts and fire off a few.

NorkyButNice Mon 15-Jul-13 10:43:20

If I get a spare few minutes I tend to check my emails on my phone then flick to MN or a news site.

If I have longer then I'll grab my Kindle and try to catch up on one of the many unread books I've got stacked up. OR get out in the garden to do some weeding or watering (desperately needed!).

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 15-Jul-13 11:00:52

Hello - thanks for all your comments!

Am pleased to say treaclesoda wins the £200 JL voucher. Well done.

BoyMeetsWorld Tue 16-Jul-13 22:33:17

I make Lists when i get a sudden 5 minutes. Lists are my life. I jot them down in Notepad on my iPhone - lists of what shipping we need; Christmas prezzie ideas for DH and the kids; lists of what things we need to pay for this month; To Do lists; fantasy baby name lists smile those 5 minute lists save me a LOT of time in the long run...

Letitsnow9 Thu 18-Jul-13 19:36:21

Taking in big breaths of fresh air and taking note of nature, be it watching the birds or the leaves blowing in the wind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now