This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

NOW CLOSED Tell Clarks about your child's first steps and be in with a chance of winning a £100 voucher

(251 Posts)
AlexMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 20-Mar-13 15:32:42

Clarks have just released their latest First Shoes range here and to coincide they would love to hear about your DCs first steps.

So what do you remember about your child(ren)s first attempts to negotiate the world on two feet?

~ How old were they?

~ Do you remember where you were at the time?

~ Did they take time to adjust, or were they keen to get a move on?

~ How did it feel? Were you overjoyed or just slightly terrified at how quickly they were growing up and what they could now get up to!?

Everyone who shares their thoughts on this thread will be entered into a prize draw, where one MNer will win a £100 Clarks voucher.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

Leafmould Sat 04-May-13 20:05:39

Thank you so much for the vouchers, clarks and mumsnet. They arrived through the door of the house with the scruffiest shoes, so the opportunity to go shoe shopping was very welcome. I did some Internet research and found out where the nearest clarks outlet was,as I wanted to get maximum shoes for the money...I needed to get school shoes for my eldest dd, out of school shoes for my younger dd and work shoes for myself. I wanted to have some voucher left over for September as well, for back to school.

I have never been to the shopping centre where the outlet is before, so it took me a while to work out how to get there, and in the end I decided to walk there with the kids on there scooters. It was about 4 miles, and they were a bit tired by the end of it. However I was impressed with the shopping experience in the centre, and even better, the staff at clarks were so helpful, we got everything on the list.

I think as a marketing exercise this has been quite successful, as I now know how to get to the shopping centre ( we came home on public transport, so we don't have to walk next time!), and my opinion of clarks has changed..... We'll see how the shoes wear, of course, but I was pleased with the value, and the service was brilliant.
Thanks once again for smart ending us up a little bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now