This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

NOW CLOSED Win a trip to Cadbury World and other choccy treats: can you find the hidden word in our Talk Topic Easter Egg (n Spoon) Hunt?

(186 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Mar-13 12:07:41

To celebrate the launch of Cadbury's new kids' Easter treat, Egg n Spoon, we have a fun filled Easter Egg (n Spoon) Hunt for you to take part in...

We've hidden seven eggs around the site for you to find and the clues are posted below to help you find them.

Each egg is hidden on a specific (and different) MN Talk board (if you're not familiar with them all - and there are LOTS of them - you may want to click on the Topics A-Z link here). And the first letter of the name of that board is the letter you're after. So, if the clue leads you to the Weaning Talkboard, the letter you need is W.

Collect all 7 letters, unscramble them and you'll end up with a word. All you then have to do is submit the word on the competition form here to be in with a chance of winning a family trip to Cadbury World or one of twenty Cadbury Easter treats.

Oh, and you're welcome to help each other out with the clues but, if you guess the final word, please don't post it here. That would spoil the fun, eh?

Here are the clues:

Day 1: Hmmmm, Betty or Evie? How to choose...

Day 2: Where you chat about Tom's ready meals, and what Brine and Jenny Darling have been up to?

Day 3: The place to go when you have POAS and had a positive experience

Day 4: Slightly trickier one today: we're looking for the first letter of a likely acronym-only reply to any thread on our most famously straight-talking talk topic

Day 5: The place to find recommendations if your holiday plans are Old-Blighty-based

Day 6: Good tips for trips that'll have you back home by bedtime?

Day 7: Where to go for a cuppa, a biscuit and a _

Here's the link to the competition form again: www.mumsnet.com/microsites/cadburys-egg-n-spoon

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

NB Due to tech ishoos we've had to move the position of all the eggs on the talk pages. They are all still there, if you can't see them look lower grin

TaggieCampbellBlack Fri 08-Mar-13 17:23:00

I've missed the last 2 letters.

I think i can guess. Am i right?

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Mar-13 17:29:06

Hi all, just letting you know that due to tech ishoos we've had to move the position of all the eggs on the talk pages. They are all still there, if you can't see them look lower grin

OliviaCMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 09-Mar-13 15:19:46

The sixth clue is now in the OP smile

Could someone please tell me why even though I guessed the word days ago must try harder next time HQ, I guessed the topic from the clue and got the letter, I STILL have to go to the topic and see the egg for myself confusedhmmblush

me too, everything grin

and me
we are v.sad
or v.happy grin

I have 6 letters, but I can't think of a word I'll be able to make with any other letter. confused

I don't think you'll find the word in a dictionary....could be wrong tho...

Tee2072 Sat 09-Mar-13 19:13:08

Because you want to make sure you're right. I do the same thing everything!!!

I am also waiting until tomorrow to enter even though I know the word!

We'll all be screwed if they create and throw in a board beginning with z tomorrow...

grin thanks ladies, I feel much more normal now I know it's not just me! I'm also not entering until the last letter is put up wink

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 10-Mar-13 18:06:27

The final clue is now in the OP. Once you know the word we're looking, for submit your answer here. Good luck thanks

Blatherskite Sun 10-Mar-13 18:14:43

I have all the letters but I have absolutely no clue what the word is. I even resorted to an anagram solver but it can't be a real word sad

Blatherskite Sun 10-Mar-13 18:16:06

Aha! Got it. I cannot believe I missed that!

Well I did it again, got the answer from the clue but still went to the topic to check grin DH says I just like to be proved right even when I know I am smile

All entered!

Entered, but this has made me feel really thick. I needed all the letters and another read of the competition page before it just clicked. Maybe it's because it's not a proper scrabble word. hmm

Rosa Sun 10-Mar-13 18:38:51

Quick q .. Are overseas entries allowed? There are no rules and regs posted ... It does say at the bottom Mumsnet makes sure laws and regs are respected. If not permitted ( grump) ignore my answer that is if I got it correct !

I've entered

It's been fun can we have Another treasure hunt please!!!

Entered

FairyJen Sun 10-Mar-13 20:07:07

Entered!

EduCated Sun 10-Mar-13 20:47:50

Well I clearly went wrong, cos I've got 10 letters blush grin

But it's ok, I've worked it out wink

whattodoo Sun 10-Mar-13 21:42:51

I still can't get it?

whattodoo Sun 10-Mar-13 21:48:33

D'oh! I've got it now.

Cherrybright Sun 10-Mar-13 22:20:06

I thought I had it but one of the letters isn't what I thought it would be, I feel thick right now!

iMe Sun 10-Mar-13 22:52:03

Entered <hopeful of some chocolate for me the DCs>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now