This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

NOW CLOSED: Insight Annual Round-up 2012: Join our panel or let us know what you’ve enjoyed this year and what you’d like us to do next year. FAB prizes up for grabs (again)

(290 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Dec-12 13:07:06

The time has come for the insight team at MNHQ to do our annual round up of the year, to plead for those of you not yet on our panel to sign up and to thank you all for taking part in some amazing projects this year!

(In case you don't know insight covers surveys, product tests and sponsored threads on MN, as well as bloggers reviews, and reviewers recruitment)

Let us know what you think on this thread and you could win another prize!
We've got:

A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 worth c£180 courtesy of the team at TalkTalk more details here

A whole years' supply of Aldi nappies from the folks at Aldi - worth c.£500

And thanks to the Royal Academy we have two x 4 adult tickets to their new exhibition showcasing Manet early next year. There are two prizes each of 4 tickets (if children under 12 they will go in free so the winner can invite another 2 adults) - worth £120. More info here

In 2012 we have given away over £25,000 worth of prizes in the form of vouchers, books, beauty products, hampers and technology.
You have tested nearly £70,000 worth of products - including having your DCs put My Little Pony, Chicco toys and Wonderbook Book of Spells to the test.

We've surely made (some of you) look younger or slimmer with product tests for Garnier UltraLift, Origins Plantscription and M&S shapewear. wink

We've helped feed the family by trying out the HomeCooker from Jamie and Philips, scoffing Kingsmill Fruit and Fibre bread and helped make dishes tasty by introducing Bisto Stock Melts.

We've got you talking about a range of topics - from baking for the Big Fair Bake, visiting National Trust properties with the family and cleaning with Ecover.

What have you enjoyed taking part in this year? Or appreciated reading about? What would you like us to product test next year?

Most of the product tests are on site but we also do a lot of projects with our lovely research panel. If you are not yet on our panel please see this link for more info or to sign up. You can select how often you get emailed and you can leave at any time if it?s not for you.

So to win one of the lovely prizes please do one of the following:
~ Post on this thread about what you've enjoyed doing insight-wise this year or what you've appreciated reading about
~ Post on the thread any suggestions for product tests etc you'd like to see next year (no promises but we can try!)
~ Post on the thread to say you have joined the panel

Thanks as ever for your time and feedback - all very much welcome grin
AnnMumsnet, TheOtherHelenMumsnet and KatieBMumsnet
x

GlaikitFizzHogmany Sun 30-Dec-12 20:42:40

I am a member of the panel already and do all the surveys that apply to me, which is most of them I think!

I was chosen to do the tesco epower test (along with half of mumsnet I think!) and the control underwear for M&S. and I've recently received the kelo cote product to test. I have recommended M&S to a friend for control wear because of the test. More of those please!

I would like to see a product test for a kitchen aid wink failing that maybe some arts and crafts things. I'm a knitter so I'm thinking wool and needles, but I'm sure the crocheters would test hooks. And foody things, recipes, specific products etc!

BlueyDragon Sun 30-Dec-12 20:53:58

Did the Tesco Eco spray test earlier this year. I'll offer my opinion on anything so I've joined the panel properly now.

Can I test some motorbikes please? grin

SamsGoldilocks Sun 30-Dec-12 21:26:25

I've been a tester for a couple of years. I've been involved with a lot of laundry testing this year, so now I'm nice and clean can I go and test a family friendly hotel or a featherdown farm camping weekend, or even a ski trip, a gym membership, holiday in the Caribbean.

Happy to test camping equipment eg. tents, sleeping bags or things to get my family on the move like scooters, bikes, rollerskates, skateboards and safety equipment to go with. Or even some grown up ones.

Like the food testing - we got the rice pots this year but really am happy to try anything.

My children and I Like doing craft activities so maybe some testing of sewing machines, craft kits that kind of thing.
Like doing the surveys, and your competitions and have managed to get a few freebie books too, which has been brilliant as my book budget is virtually nonexistent until I get a job (if you can get me a test of one of those... smile All in all its a win-win situation for me.

Thank you for sending me lots this year and hope to help next year too.

DearOldWrinklyMum Sun 30-Dec-12 21:42:25

I enjoy being on the panel. I like throwing my hat in the ring for the product tests and although I don't think 2012 was a great year for me MN-Insight-Panel-Product-Testing-Wise ( I think one pack of Ecover antibac wipes may have been it this year) I have been luckier in the past.

I also enjoy giving my opinion on the feedback threads even when I haven't been selected as a tester, and all with the outside chance of a prize thrown in too (haven't won one though (yet)).

I do search MN when considering a purchase so to me it can be very useful to have feedback available from people I trust.

formerpank Sun 30-Dec-12 22:22:30

I did the Method washing liquid test and am definitely hoping to do some more in 2013. Didn't realise there was a research panel but I've signed up now. Agree with lucjam about multiple smaller prizes being attractive but would be grateful for pretty much anything, particularly as about to head over my own personal fiscal cliff!

Dysgu Sun 30-Dec-12 22:43:29

I have just signed up to join the panel.

MildlyMiserable Sun 30-Dec-12 23:59:49

Would like to join please.

I do all the relevant surveys, never won a thing. Please send me the Galaxy Tab! Ta! grin

cherryjellow Mon 31-Dec-12 10:38:34

Ive really enjoyed doing the product tests, i loved getting my method through the post and doing an online trial, also found the surveys well layed out and easy, and i love being involved as it gave me insight into new products/ ideas that were coming about. Its good to keep up!
For new ideas on product tests, what your doing is really good, but a few more days out/ experience tests would be great. For instance resturaunts, camp sites, etc. Splitting the big prizes would be great... More winners, more happy people smile i need to think of better reasons of why i want to try things so you pick me to test everything!!!
I am on the pannel

Mindingalongtime Mon 31-Dec-12 11:17:32

Hey mumsnet I've just looked at the details for signing up to the panel and they don't look very familiar, so am I a panel member?
I know that I have been asked to fill I'm surveys, and I have filled in details to apply to test, so can you please confirm for me? Thank you

TheMysteryCat Mon 31-Dec-12 12:08:47

I tested the evo and shape wear. Really well organised. I like the surveys and find them interesting. I would like to more about what the survey outcomes are.

I have been lucky enough to participate in several tests, and to respond to quite a few surveys. I like the feeling that my viewpoints are now being discussed in serious board meetings and influencing the next generation of products!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 31-Dec-12 12:34:51

Mindingalongtime - yep you're already on the list! thanks

A few of you have mentioned about local listings - tis a good idea and I will pass it on to the local team - in the meantime do keep adding your feedback on things in your local area site. link here

GrrrArghZzzzYaayforall8nights Mon 31-Dec-12 12:56:19

I'm already on the panel, and this year I enjoyed the Aldi nappies, M&S ready meals, not so much the HotWheels track which was a plastic pile of frustration but it was good to give it a go. I enjoyed reading the Dyson tester's feedback.

Trying to think of what I would enjoy, maybe testing customer services asa lot of those could use improvement, or train travel experiences, or just more Dysons as those seemed to be very popular grin

I was lucky to get to test the Shape wear which was great especially as I was looking for something similar at the time for a special event. I also tested an anti ageing cream as well. I would love to test more beauty products as I absolutely love them. I am also keen to test any gadgets as this is another great love of mine.

I also fill in most surveys but are yet to win a prize.sad

majjsu Mon 31-Dec-12 20:37:17

Ooh am quite excited as have just signed up for the panel.

With regards to product tests, I would be very interested in any multi tasking or time saving product eg bread maker, food processor, dust buster....

majjsu Mon 31-Dec-12 20:39:21

Ooh am quite excited as have just signed up for the panel.

With regards to product tests, I would be very interested in any multi tasking or time saving product eg bread maker, food processor, dust buster....

lia66 Mon 31-Dec-12 21:32:37

I'm on the panel but not sure you have my correct email as I don't think I've had anything through insight this year, I have tested pods, method which was fab and we've had other stuff. My kids love it when we have to test things.
Things I would like to see would be food for adults, treats that I wouldn't normally buy myself, anything at all for children ranging from 1 to 18!!

Happy new year

NaturalBaby Mon 31-Dec-12 22:46:51

I had no idea the panel existed and will sign up.

I love doing product tests and have signed up to a few other sites to test a range of stuff.

The problem I've had is that none of the MN tests I've taken part in have really felt like actual product tests. They just feel like a marketing trick by big companies - give us freebies and gain our loyalty.
It's worked for most (Sunbites and Method) but I've been left furious with Sky t.v who have plagued me with phone calls, emails and post. The phone calls were so bad I had to hang up several times. I was thrilled and very grateful to get sky free for a year but I know a few testers were stung by a £60 bill at the end of the year.

ohforfoxsake Tue 01-Jan-13 09:12:31

This year we had a lovely day at a NT property we would not have normally visited and made a video for the NT.

We've also tested school uniform website, Bonds 11+ papers and Aldi face cream.

Although my favourite product to test on MN was a couple of years ago and was a Philips rechargeable vibrator. blush Well, someone's got to do it.

TrampyPants Tue 01-Jan-13 10:41:31

Ive loved being on the panel, the NT visit was lovely, and Ive done other, more practical things.

well worth signing up for.

PullyWoolOver Tue 01-Jan-13 12:42:19

It sounds vair interesting - I have joined grin

partystress Tue 01-Jan-13 13:40:37

Have just signed up smile

TheMonster Tue 01-Jan-13 15:40:29

I've enjoyed being part of the panel and putting forward my opinions.

Tortington Tue 01-Jan-13 15:49:27

i like being part of the panel becuase it's like getting a lovely present when testing things

i tested some healthy crisps and got a box of them to test - how fab is that!

also a few years ago now, i tested some shower gel which was awesome.

I tested some oil of olay moisturiser - which was a super dooper treat as i would never buy expensive moisturiser - i let the shit stuff i get for xmas last me all year!

not sure if ive tested anything in the past year, but i have certainly filled in lots of surveys.

i would love to test some low carb stuff wink

i would be open to testing anything from bodyshop - everytime i walk past i'm like a child being dragged away fro the front of a toy store - as DH mutters " bloody expensive in there, you can get it from supersavers for a quid"

He is entirely missing the point.

I could do with testing a holiday - anywhere will do except butlins. i have a working car now so i can get there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now