This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

NOW CLOSED: Tell Weetabix about breakfast in your house - you could win a £100 Sainsbury's voucher

(258 Posts)
NewGirlHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 23-Mar-11 16:31:58

Weetabix would like you to share your top tips for making breakfast time as stress free as possible. What are your top breakfast tips? Can you share your best breakfast stories with them on this thread? For example, do you run round trying to eat and feed the baby at the same time or is it a calm, relaxed affair in your house?

The best tips and stories will feature on their new page on Mumsnet (coming soon).

Everyone who shares a story or tip on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky winner will receive a £100 Sainsbury's voucher, from Weetabix.

Thanks MNHQ

wombatsam Sun 27-Mar-11 21:55:19

We eat together in the morning, I just make sure I allow enough time for lunch prep, breakfast prep and getting ready, (I sound more organised than I am, but somehow I manage it). I think if you just know that you have to get up early enough to get it all ready you just do it. I try to do easy breakfast in the week, cereal, porridge or toast and then at the weekends we have eggs, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes. On birthdays the birthday person gets to choose breakfast :-)

prwilson Sun 27-Mar-11 21:59:03

You can make your own homemade muesli, put milk in and stick it in the fridge the night before and it's ready instantly and tastes even better the following morning.

psychicsheep Mon 28-Mar-11 09:43:49

Yoghurt, fruit and toast sitting at the table here, but find Frusili bars fantastic if in a hurry

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Mar-11 18:28:13

Thanks very much for all the tips - you are all as fab as ever! smile

vacamoni has been selected at random as the winner and gets a £100 Sainsbury voucher.

Well done vacamoni!

nickelbabyhatcher Tue 29-Mar-11 13:32:05

good tips from vacamoni too! grin

well done!

Longtal Thu 31-Mar-11 22:49:51

Stay in bed and let your husband sort the breakfast out, as well as getting the children dressed and out to school, then peer around the corner - tut loudly, think how much better organised and tidy it would have been if you'd done it - then clear up!

Repeat on a daily basis

Ossiesheep Thu 31-Mar-11 23:18:58

Don't let the children try to do their own cereal unsupervised - okay, it's good for them to learn how to do things, but our two cats weren't too impressed with frosties in their dish and my wife was less impressed when she discovered this occurrence ;-) The cats were unscathed and don't seem to have suffered any long term trauma from this incident.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now