Portable hoists for journeys when out and about?

(3 Posts)
Timbo1964 Thu 02-Oct-14 12:29:56

Hi All - So we all know how hard it can be when travelling to find suitable facilities for wheelchair users - especially those that cannot be easily lifted. I guess you all know about changing places - the website that helps people to find suitable toilet facilities with hoists and changing platforms in? If not check this out www.changing-places.org it isn't perfect but it helps :-)
Anyway alongside this we are also looking at getting a portable and transportable hoist - to use in hotels etc and those towns that haven't yet got appropriate facilities.
We have persuaded our OT to consider funding (fingers crossed) and would love to hear your recommendations and experiences of any hoists that you have found to be truly portable, easy to use and reliable. At the moment we are looking at the Oxford Advance - if anyone knows of anything better please let me know.

Carojudd Thu 02-Oct-14 17:10:53

We have the Invacare Birdie Compact and used it all over for about 4 years now. Been hugely reliable but not the prettiest or lightest. We knew we won't fly which is when you might want really light one. This fits behind my son when in the car. Good luck, opens loads of doors having own hoist eg rental cottages, hotels etc

Homerun Wed 03-Jun-15 18:28:09

The Molift smart Is portable and separates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now