Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Undiagnosed - very disorganised, speech problems, no friends - sound familiar?

(4 Posts)
38cody Thu 15-Sep-16 16:05:55

My DD has always been worryingly forgetful and disorganised. She has no close friends - I think friends find her frustrating.
Her speech in the present tense is passable although she says as little as possible to anyone except me.
But, if she's trying to recall something - even to tell me about a film she's just seen she really seems to struggle to find the words. It's all erms and ah's and repeating the end of her last sentence, it's painful to listen to and I see why she tries not to speak and imagine it's the reason she has no friends as as he's a very sweet girl if a little young fir her age.
People always commented that she lived in a bubble when she was little. I thought she was just quirky.
Does any of this sound familiar? What to do to help? She's 16

38cody Thu 15-Sep-16 16:07:04

Talk SN teens and young adults
Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.
Undiagnosed - very disorganised, speech problems, no friends - sound familiar?1
Today 16:05 38cody

My DD has always been worryingly forgetful and disorganised. She has no close friends - I think friends find her frustrating.
Her speech in the present tense is passable although she says as little as possible to anyone except me.
But, if she's trying to recall something - even to tell me about a film she's just seen she really seems to struggle to find the words. It's all erms and ah's and repeating the end of her last sentence, it's painful to listen to and I see why she tries not to speak and imagine it's the reason she has no friends as as he's a very sweet girl if a little young fir her age.
People always commented that she lived in a bubble when she was little. I thought she was just quirky.
Does any of this sound familiar? What to do to help? She's 16

38cody

Type your message here

Message is required
PostPreview

Choose Files

Desktop site

Active

Watching

Add post

I'm on

Search

Meloncoley2 Sun 18-Sep-16 00:16:29

Have you talked to school about this? Also you may get more help if you move this to SN children as there seem to be more people about there.

Eliza22 Sun 25-Sep-16 20:57:12

Is she autistic without diagnosis? Many girls "slip through the net". First stop....GP and tell it like it is! ASK for a referral. She needs help. So do you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now