Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

School HoY thinks DS is on the ASD spectrum.

(2 Posts)
Kleinzeit Sat 15-Sep-12 13:43:07

Sorry you're going through this stress!

You can go to the GP alone (I did for my son, though he was younger). Could you ask the head of year to tell you what ASC signs she’s seen (or what signs are in your son’s file) so you can tell the GP? Also tell the GP about your son’s behaviour in general, the “troubles” he’s having at school and any other problems you’ve had with him at home. The GP can’t diagnose your son but will refer him to someone who will (probably at CAMHS). Don’t expect anything to happen in a hurry though – we got put on a six-month waiting list even though DS was having violent outbursts. I nagged and hassled and we were seen in about four months I think. Once we were seen the diagnosis came fairly quickly.

You can also ask the school to call in the educational psychologist. DS’s school asked us to go to the NHS while they contacted the ed psych, on the grounds there were waiting lists for both and we’d see whichever one was quickest!

januaryjojo Sat 15-Sep-12 10:29:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now