Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

anyone watching Letting Go on BBC 1?

(4 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Tue 13-Mar-12 23:22:53

watching.

appalled for Jess and her parents. appalled.

Ds has AS, dyspraxia and dyslexia. He will need some support to live independently, watching this is soul destroying. What the chuff has happened to support services?

bigbluebus Thu 15-Mar-12 21:29:11

Watched it on Iplayer yesterday. It was very sad and very thought provoking. My DD will never live independently, so apart from the 'what will happen when we are gone" issue the rest of it did not apply to us, but I have many friends who hope that their children will achieve some level of independence -but the program highlighted how difficult true independence is to actually achieve.

Agincourt Mon 19-Mar-12 17:03:58

My boss asked me if I had seen it and then he said 'actually agincourt, please don't watch it because I found it really upsetting and I don't even have to deal with the issue'

so no, I haven't even watched it on catchup sad

I am like bigbluebus though, my dd will never live independantly. I am hoping she will be able to leave home and live amongst her peers in a home I suppose. i am head in the sand about it all atm though and given how crap social services are with us anyway i think I will be jumping off a bridge with her

boohoohoo Mon 19-Mar-12 17:28:48

Both my husband and myself were moved to tears with this programme, jess' story is heartbreaking, a real wake up call for any of us who don't have these issues to deal with. How can this country have got it so wrong for these young people?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now