Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child has special needs. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP or other suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN

My daughter been diagnosed with chromosome 15q11.2 microdeletion syndrome

(3 Posts)
Cittie Mon 14-Nov-16 13:20:59

Hi my 6 year old daughter has been diagnosed with chromosome 15q11.2 microdeletion syndrome and want to know the ins & outs.. Wondered if any body else has a child who has the same and how to help when there angry with them selves and people around them over small little things and ways t help around education please

MargoChanning Mon 21-Nov-16 20:15:42

My daughter has a different deletion but you may want to contact the charity Unique which I believe supports families who have children with chromosome issues.

Do you get disability living allowance for your child? I do and it's a massive help. I also have an education health and care plan for her at school.

MargoChanning Mon 21-Nov-16 20:18:29

I realise I haven't actually answered your question! My daughter is five and to be honest, I'm also struggling to support her when she's angry at herself so could also do with some advice.

Regarding education, do apply for an EHCP assessment. If you have any problems getting her one, the charity IPSEA are fantastic at supporting parents through the process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now