Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child has special needs. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP or other suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN

apps for autism for Ipad

(3 Posts)
iwona1967 Wed 17-Oct-12 10:44:30

can anybody make a suggestion about apps for children with autism, I have a 4 year old, non verbal boy, I've heard what a difference apps could make, I watched on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_GXVzZ0Unk, but there is so much to choose from. I want to make good decision as they are no cheap. I heard about prologuo2go, pictelo, but iam lost. help please

DjDebbieD Mon 29-Oct-12 18:45:08

Hi there,

My son is 5, also non verbal and addicted to his ipad! Talking Tom and Talking Ben are good as they mimic you, my son loves them and has recently started saying Hello so they copy him. I also have on there most of the free educational ones where they trace letters and numbers, he enjoys those. Im afraid to say tho he loves angry birds and temple run!
Hope this helps

lychee3 Mon 08-Sep-14 02:18:31

I will unearth my apps for sen booklet when I go into school (I'm an sen teacher) and post some suggestions. If you wanted to private message me with some ideas about what sort of things your son is interested in it would maybe help me sift through the booklet as it has a lot.

Proloquo2go is excellent. Its so easy to customise you can add in any word you want and take photos of objects that he might want to request and indeed photos of family members. Very clear very easy to use!! Would fully reccomend it !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now