Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child has special needs. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP or other suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN

Dyspraxia support

(6 Posts)

Hi everyone, me and my 9 year old dd have dyspraxia. Facebook and mumsnet r good places to find support groups and hopefully someone local to you. My dd's school nurse put me in contact with another mum nearby who had a dyspraxic son.

bettyboop29 Sat 08-Dec-12 20:14:43

hi heartofdixie im new to mumsnet and is gd to knw there are other mummies in same situations!

HeartOfDixie Fri 07-Dec-12 22:17:25

Hi there. I'm south east London, nr Beckenham. My daughter 8 has dyspraxia too. I searched for local support groups but sadly found none. Not much help I know but wanted to say you are not alone and mumsnet can be a good substitute.

bettyboop29 Fri 07-Dec-12 22:08:13

hi i would love to find a support group up were i sty im near glasgw, ds shows signs of verbal dyspraxia with other signs of dyspraxia with balance and motor skills!he not been diagnosed he in a speech and language base for school so would be gd to have more local support groups!

ChatterBug Thu 05-Jul-12 22:39:16

Hi, does he have verbal dyspraxia? Does he have a speech therapist?

Ladybird2004 Tue 05-Jun-12 07:28:02

My eight year old son has recently had a formal severe dyspraxia diagnosis. I have been trying to find support in Kent / South London for him and me but can not find anything. All google ever shows is the dyspraxia foundation which has nothing locally at all. Can anyone help??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now