Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA not sure what is happening here.

(10 Posts)

Fingers crossed for you.

akaemmafrost Sat 29-Dec-12 09:18:05

Thanks again. It just seems like such similar amount so as to be that two weeks in February. Will just have to wait and hope till Monday.

No problem smile

DLA are buggers for taking ages to send out letters, I just went though this with dd, I was phoning them every week, it's a major part of our family income (tax credit bump as well) as I can't work due to dd difficulties.

I really do think you have been successful, I had a google and couldn't find any stories of DLA paying off a claim early (I don't think they would be allowed to)

They should be open on Monday so you will know for sure then, or you may get the letter today.

akaemmafrost Sat 29-Dec-12 09:02:22

Well he is 9. This is a renewal after 3 years.

Thanks for replying to me I really appreciate just being able to talk about it with someone. So worried.

I know, I've been there.

But low rate mob is £20.55 so could fit. Has your lo recently turned 5 or over?

akaemmafrost Sat 29-Dec-12 08:55:53

It comes out as around 19 per week.

I am too scared to hope to be honest.

Same here akaemma I don't think we would survive without it.

I'm not certain but I don't think they would pay you off early IYSWIM. Unless you are already on both high rates I think you have been put up <fingers crossed>

8 weeks is about right for a decision. If you take the amount they have put in and divide it by 8 what does it come out as?

akaemmafrost Sat 29-Dec-12 08:28:36

No decision and obviously can't call them. Am thinking the decision is no I've been paid up till mid Feb when it's due to end. Feel sick now. This dla and CA makes the world of difference to us.

Have you had a decision on the renewal yet akaemma

Could the DLA have been moved to a higher rate?

akaemmafrost Sat 29-Dec-12 08:09:43

Have renewed for ds 8 weeks ago. Have just gone on line to check bank account and there is an unexpected payment of about half the amount he usually gets. On top of the usual one received about a week ago. It is due to stop if not renewed mid Feb.

No letters yet, can't call them today as weekend, really worried that this is the last payment due in January as we have been turned down. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now