Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Disability allowance been stopped, appealing help please.

(4 Posts)
HecateTrivia Sat 05-May-12 20:20:30

Oh, sorry, how it works is that they write to you and enclose a form. This happens several months before the end of your claim. You have to fill in the form and send it back. If you don't, then your DLA stops at the end of the existing claim.

Unless there are different rules for over 65s?

HecateTrivia Sat 05-May-12 20:18:32

Did he fill in his renewal form?

Is it being stopped after they have assessed his renewal form or because he never sent it back?

buckerooney Sat 05-May-12 20:16:36

you need to phone dla up and ask them for a renewel form, you say your condition is the same or it has got worse,the latter is the one really,thats what i done and got the higher rate. dont worry,it will get sorted. as long as he's been seeing his doctor regularly he'll be ok.

I'm asking for my dad, he's got a lot of issues and medical needs and has a carer, he has had a letter as his DLA is due for renewal (no sure how it works) and they have wrote saying its being stopped.

He saw CAB this morning and the guy was useless, basically really spoke down to my mum and said "my son has 20 pins in his leg and doesn't claim DLA)

Can anyone help with appealing please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now