Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Please help - IB suddenly been stopped!

(4 Posts)
beabea81 Sat 04-Feb-12 15:11:02

Please help, we are not sure what to do. I was told in August I would need to be assessed & moved from IB to ESA & filled out all the forms. My GP then faxed Atos to request a home visit for my assessment as I am too poorly to go out to the centre.

After that we heard nothing until a coupld of weeks ago, when a man just turned up on my doorstep! He didn't show me any ID but said he was from DWP to carry out my assessment. I was quite shocked & scared as knew nothing about this & he went away again.

We complained t Atos about this by e-mail & letter & last week had a letter back from them saying they would investigate. But they claimed to have sent me a letter with the appointment for my home assessment.

Today I received a letter from the Jobcentre telling me they have stopped my IB & I am no longer eligible as I failed to attend my assessment!

Please help, I don't know what to do & am panicking! We can't cope without that money & they have just ignored what happened & our complaint & stopped my benefit!

MotherFromHell Sun 05-Feb-12 22:27:20

Write to your MP and complain. MPs can resolve this sorts of problems. Meanwhile contact the DWP and tell them you wish to appeal the decision and ask for them to send you the appeal forms.

It's not clear - did you get an assement or not when the man turned up? If you refused one, then it's probably correct that your IB has been stopped. sad

Sunnymeg Wed 16-Jan-13 16:54:14

I would go back to the DWP and say that as their assessor didn't provide you with any formal identification you were unable to verify that they were genuine. Also ask for copies of the letters informing you of the appointment. It sounds like they never got sent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now