Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Opening up the Goose and Carrot on 8th Aug...free bag of crisps with every drink!

(995 Posts)
hazeyjane Fri 08-Aug-14 19:30:57

I will have a frazzle with a glass of white wine (classy bird)

Lovely day here, as ds had hydrotherapy and stood in the water holding onto the bar, with out me holding him. He really enjoyed it, and was able to follow the physios instructions, it was fantastic.

Hi Hazey, and all. Just cancelled our weekend camping trip due to the impending hurricane sad

My birthday tomorrow!

Inchstonesbeatmilestones Fri 08-Aug-14 19:40:41

Sounds like your D's did great hazey. Bet you felt really proud.

Had a bit of a rubbish day here. Ds respite closing and they are trying to fob me off with direct payments ( but won't tell me how many hours) as apparently they don't think children of his age (5) need overnight respite. I'd like to know if they would feel the same if they had sleepless nights and 3.30am starts to the day!

Sorry for the rant. Monster munch and wine here please wine

hazeyjane Fri 08-Aug-14 19:50:02

Pickled onion or roast beef, Inch? I find the whole area of respite very confusing, but haven't really looked into it much. So much seems to depend on where you are.

Star, happy birthday for tomorrow. You must be gutted about camping, had you packed up yet?

I was really worried about the hydrotherapy, as anything water related (including baths) is a bit of a disaster with ds, but he was so happy and pleased with himself.

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Fri 08-Aug-14 19:50:31

Happy birthday for tomorrow Starlight. Sorry you had to cancel your trip.

Inchstonesbeatmilestones Fri 08-Aug-14 19:55:30

Decision decision hazey grin

Happy birthday for tomorrow starlight. It's a shame about the camping trip. Will you get to go another weekend?

offtoseethewizard64 Fri 08-Aug-14 20:01:21

inchstone that is rubbish about the respite centre. DD has been going to overnight respite since she was 2 1/2 (although that was at the childrens hospice which is a private charity) but it was a godsend as we had DS who was 6 moths old at the time, and we needed to spend some time with him.

star sorry you've had to cancel your camping trip. Hope you find something else to do to celebrate your birthday.

hazey glad your DS is enjoying his hydro sessions. I already have wine and I love frazzles.

DD has been enjoying her day opportunty sessions. Unfortunately I seem to spend most of the time she is out,having meetings with professionals regarding her or chasing up equipment supplies on the phone - so not really respite for me. DS is either in his room or n the computer in the playroom. Took him shopping yesterday - that didn't go well, except for lunch which he always enjoys, especially as he is old enough to have a beer with a meal out !!

zzzzz Fri 08-Aug-14 20:23:07

Evening all.

Those veggie crisps for me in the huge packet with parsnips and beet root grin and white wind because the huge bag has to be counteracted. Best be a large glass for scale.

Am I allowed virtual cigs? I haven't smoked for a decade but I could murder a B&H.

Well done hazeyboy you star.

Bad luck on the camping star are you allowed to live on take-away and do fuck all for the rest of the weekend?

Had I packed up yet?

Lol, don't be silly. Haven't even started the washing of the clothes we woukd have needed to take......

We got our money back and will spend it on something else so not too gutted, though the kids do love camping and I was looking forward to experiencing them from another side of a large field.

hazeyjane Fri 08-Aug-14 20:35:26

parsnip crisps will tend to cause white wind, zzzzz, I would stick to ready salted.

last week camping, i was in charge of rolling my friend's 1 cigarette a day. god I was sorely tempted, I loved smoking.

i know i mentioned it on last weeks g&c, but my thread here about giving stuff away/looking for stuff has been spectacular in it's lack of responses, but mnhq say they might be interested if anyone else is. I am going to beg in a shameless way for people to have a look!

Inchstonesbeatmilestones Fri 08-Aug-14 20:45:34

That sounds like a great idea hazey. I'm a member of a Facebook group called child ability recycling. Same sort of thing

AtYourCervix Fri 08-Aug-14 20:50:57

Happy Birthday Star cake

wine all round and I'll have a packet of pork scratchings please.

Hope the holidays are being kind to you all.

D2 is welded to her laptop and not doing much but is pretty chilled. GCSE results in 2 weeks. Eeeek!

zzzzz Fri 08-Aug-14 21:30:39

White WINE blush though if I ever produced wind, which I obviously don't, it would be pristine white.
[stern stare at irreverent hazeys]

AtYourCervix Fri 08-Aug-14 21:37:59

I did wonder about the beetroot and white wind combo grin

hazeyjane Fri 08-Aug-14 21:49:21

dd2 told me today that my farts smelled of lavender (she was trying to think of the nicest thing she could say to me), so mine are obviously a beautiful shade of lilac.

signandsingcarols Fri 08-Aug-14 21:52:56

so did i! hi all, can I have honey roast cashews instead of crisps??

been to help/talk to/lend resources to a friend of a friend who has just ASD diagnosis for her ds, was glad to help, and passed on loads of info I gfot from you lovely ladies grin (properly atributed, of course grin)

today spent �350 on getting absolutely nowhere, sad angry shock
builders started work on the pipework for the downstairs loo (yay!) found after hours of digging our soil pipe entrtance is under next doors patio... argh! trench filled in and path re concreted. macerator to be purchased in stead... waiting for quote. Bum Bum Bugger Arse Pants!

however our lovely builder said he would limit bill as much as poss, hasn't charged for skip and only charged labour on last years rate, bless him smile

happy birthday star... itching to hear more about the HE thingy yo went to...

hazey.. lovely news

Hi AYC!, (sign gives a Swindon wave...)

zzzzz you said on last thread about a possible camping trip... do tell more, (me and ds wold be up for that)

PolterGoose Fri 08-Aug-14 22:07:04

hazey yay for hydrotherapy [grin

Star sorry for shitty weather cancelled camping, happy birthday for tomorrow wine cake

Ds has been utterly vile all day, a few nice moments but they were transitory, he had a fabulous afternoon yesterday but this is the price. I expect him to be recovered by tomorrow. We are having sleep shenanigans too hmm

zzzzz Fri 08-Aug-14 22:14:54

I've sent you a pm sign (I hope, tell me if it doesn't get there). Basically nothing is fixed yet, and am going to see the place next week, so look at web site and mail me any questions you can think of.

I'm thinking one night two days but am open to suggestions.

Anyone else who might want to come please pm me and I will send you all the info to think about.

PolterGoose Fri 08-Aug-14 22:22:44

Two nights might be good, or would for us to give ds time to settle into it, also might help if anyone travels far?

Good luck with the GCSE results Cervix Whatever they are I hope she understands that those of us in the know realise she had to put in double the amount of work. Not because she isn't capable in the subject, but because the way of testing that is just not designed to get the best out of her.

Sorry to hear of your building woes sign.

Hate the eve of my birthday. DH as always runs out of time to get me anything I actually want and always fails to remember the cheap but specific items I make a point of telling him about directly without even hinting about a fortnight beforehand.

My birthday is usually spent unwrapping an almost replica of a not cheap necklace that he bought me once in the early days when a)I actually wore necklaces and b) I hadn't already got a number of them still in their boxes in various but forgotten locations around the house.

I then have to decide whether that thank him enthusiastically (haven't done this for years) or mention that though it is lovely, I have a number already, never wear necklaces now and the money is better spent on the kids as we are struggling to keep their music lessons going. To which he'll reply that it didn't cost that much, that I'm worth it, that he'll remember for next year but I should keep it.

Then next year will be a repeat of this year.

Oh, and he'll completely forget to get the children to design me a card or buy me a plastic pink bag from the pound shop with a loom band bracelet in it which is what Woukd really make my day.

zzzzz Fri 08-Aug-14 22:45:11

Arf star he sounds very familiar except I tend to get things from the pound shop or garage. I suggest buying yourself a present and kissing the silly old sod soundly. He's crap at birthdays. It is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Make him buy you an Indian takeaway and empty the bins/clean the loo for a week.

Minisoksmakehardwork Fri 08-Aug-14 22:51:01

Glass or two bottle of wine, crisps and chocolate consumed. Not much else to do in a power cut wink

Went to a new soft play area today. Was really nice. Busy due to wet weather but ds1 loved it. He only had one incident where some bigger boys were getting a bit too bolshy and stopping him crossing a bridge. So he screamed at them. The staff there were super vigilant too at keeping the bigger kids out of the toddler and baby zones, actually approaching the children and parents if needed. Much better than our usual one where they announce it over the tannoy and it's so noisy everyone ignores it anyway.

Came home to a power cut. Grateful we've not had the flooding issues our nearest town has though. I've never known it to flood. Ever. We live in an area with (usually) excellent drainage. I guess they're just building too many houses for the current drainage system.

I can fully understand why you've cancelled your camping trip but it is a shame. I can't wait to take dc camping. Just not sure who'd be a bigger liability. Ds1 or dts.

ouryve Fri 08-Aug-14 22:52:45

Frazzles would go perfectly with the Zinfandel I'm drinking. Ta!

Well done to your DS, Hazey!

Shame about the camping, Starlight. Hope you can manage another weekend.

That sucks about the respite, Inchstones sad We haven't tried for any, but if our nights were so disturbed, we'd be chewing our arms off to get it.

I'm more of a red wind girl, zzzzz wink Hopefully those days spent chasing people will be worth it, in the long run.

Yay to lovely builders, sign!

DS1 has been a bit fractious, today. The most immediate thing that didn't help was waiting in for deliveries instead of havign our morning walk (postponed until a gap in the rain, this afternoon), but he's also been struggling with having his Friday on a Thursday, it being a particularly tiring day and not getting to bed until 10pm, last night, because DS2 was being a little sod, running around, instead of staying in bed.

DS2 had one of his delightful nosebleeds just before lunch. Messeeeeee.

He was imitating more, this afternoon - the answerphone, this time! "Noooo meddedes!" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now