Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot, join me in celebration.. Aug 2nd?

(395 Posts)
signandsingcarols Fri 01-Aug-14 16:58:09

Hello all, how has the week gone, we are celebrating the return of our bunnies, they are bloody houdini, shock they managed to jiggle open the door of the hutch Wed eve, and had to be caught by people in neighbouring streets, hmm finally got the second one back this aft.

have spent the last few days sorting the house, as dh and ds were away, they are home tomorow.... have trod a fine line between 'changing things' (a dreaded offence grin) and trying to regain some ordrer from chaos... grin no decorating, (unlike everyone else this week) but at leasr things are put away grin grin.

have an opened bottle of wine and fully intend to finish it wink

PolterGoose Fri 01-Aug-14 17:17:09

Glad the bunnies are home, we had one that used to escape and go wandering!

Thanks to Alice I'm all fired up to do stuff and ds seems to have had a good day mooching about. Result.

Ineedmorepatience Fri 01-Aug-14 17:50:17

Hi sign what clever bunnies you have, maybe you need a padlock!! grin

We are celebrating Dd3's massive scout camp achievement. She slept for 13 hours last night and we have had a chilled day.

She even tried her new school uniform on today grin

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 01-Aug-14 18:04:33

Hi everyone - I will just slump in the corner as usual

We picked up the keys to our new house today smile. I have done NO packing, at all. I refuse. I can't be arsed. We have a cross over period so I have told DH I will take the boys to the new house and he can pack. He seemed to think I would just fit it in. Think again.

PolterGoose Fri 01-Aug-14 18:20:59

How are you Keep? wine

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 01-Aug-14 18:43:31

Is that rather pointed Polter? smile

I'm normally a control freak but atm can't be arsed. I'm embracing the new experience and am back on the real fags

I'll be alright in time but atm I'm a bit of a wild card.

Hols have been crap so far. Both DS are barely coping but I am not listening at least the fact that life has fallen apart in the last few months means that DH and I must have been good enough before - small pleasures. smile

Weathers been nice though, eh?

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 01-Aug-14 18:47:33

Sorry - trying to be breezy but sound arseyblush

PolterGoose Fri 01-Aug-14 18:48:33

I don't know what 'pointed' means, I was just seeing how you are, that's all smile

PolterGoose Fri 01-Aug-14 18:50:55

Arsey is fine, I hope things get better for you soon flowers

PolterGoose Fri 01-Aug-14 18:52:29

And now I sound like a twat, you didn't come across arsey, but it wouldn't have mattered if you had IYSWIM.

I'll get there in the end.

signandsingcarols Fri 01-Aug-14 18:52:36

keep on ouch, stresses of moving not good. sad

patience fab news about the camp! well done DD!

poulter yeah there are no loops to pad lock thru, sad but have learned we must not only make sure padlock is fully across, but that the 'tab' IYSWIM is wedged down. The two sisters are eying each other warily, having been apart for a day (course it could be the quiet one blaming the adventurous one for leading her astray, grin)

bottle of wine duly polished off, (Hic!)

signandsingcarols Fri 01-Aug-14 18:56:21

strawberries and home made chocolate and cream dipping sauce to follow... No one can say I don't enjoy time without dh and ds... ['relaxed' wink grin]

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 01-Aug-14 19:05:21

Sorry Polter - I read 'how are you' as 'you are behaving like a tit' smile

Sign - you sunk that rather fast!

We have had to buy a stake out wire for the dog - she is lovely unless you are small and furry or have wings in which case she is a ruthless killer. The new house will be a challenge. It is a farmhouse on a country estate (we have our own postcode don't you know - serf boasting) crawling with gun birds. She has got a few pheasants before (and rabbits - sorry) so maybe I will have to research wild cooking smile

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Fri 01-Aug-14 19:21:44

I have no wine in the house. sad

I do, however, have a small tiny bottle of champagne. grin I think it should be used. It looks lonely and bereft sitting there all by itself on the fridge shelf. sad I must put it out of its misery.

Perhaps after I toy with the sewing machine though. Otherwise I'm likely to sew up my fingers or something. hmm

PolterGoose Fri 01-Aug-14 19:28:29

shock at own postcode

Alice what are you sewing?

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Fri 01-Aug-14 19:32:54

well, I'm contemplating a cushion cover. I want to make 3 of them for the living room - using the material I used to make the bunting on the fireplace. If I can get the pattern the way I want it, then I'll do it again before Christmas with some festive material. I just am toying with pattern ideas at the moment.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 01-Aug-14 19:37:35

Polter - I can finally say to DH 'your ego is so big it has it's own postcode' and it's true! wink

ouryve Fri 01-Aug-14 19:40:41

Such devious wabbits, sign! Glad they're back. Enjoy your wine

Polter - saw what you've got done in the old thread. Pretty good going!

Keep - moving sounds pretty stressful, right now. Hope you settle in and the boys cope. The new place sounds pretty interesting, so maybe they'll be able to chill out a bit, once they get used to it.

Despite the fact that it started raining the moment we got off the Metro and hasn't stopped since, we've had a decent day. The discovery museum was a wee bit disappointing. Just not enough or even no explanation for some of the exhibits. There were some fab old steam and combustion engines and a cut away jet engine, but they were just there to look at and the science behind them was somewhat lacking. The quality of the annotation at the Hancock, last week, was much better.

The cafe did not appeal, so we headed back into town and got there before it really started to pickle down and DS1 had his usual M&S salmon and cucumber sarnie (just about the only option with no cheese or mayo).I made a point of taking him into some little shops he wouldn't find elsewhere, so we came away with some pick and mix from Yankee Doodle Candy (saltwater taffy is disappointing) and some CDs from a local independent music store. DS1 also bought some Goosebumps books from a charity shop that had popped up inside Eldon Square!

It was unfortunate that the bus from Durham to home surpassed itself in its lateness. 45 sodding minutes. Rather, it arrived 30 minutes late, then there was no driver waiting for it, and the next one was also delayed, so there was an organisational faff and a half before the driver of the 4:30 bus got to sign into the 4pm bus at 4:45! Some of the villagers were getting quite ranty, while we waited, which was setting DS1 on edge a bit. I agree with them, though. It's ridiculously unreliable, though another bus that shares a lot of the route seems to keep time reasonably well.

I will have wine tonight, I think.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 01-Aug-14 19:41:03

Alice - I had a pedal operated singer sewing machine. I wish I still had it even if the thread used to break if you accidentally back pedalled. It used to be my grandma's.

Meglet Fri 01-Aug-14 19:43:24

Can I pop my head in and weep? DC's undiagnosed (so far) but I have a shiny ASD dx.

We've been to town. 5yo DD punched me and her brother several times, pulled his hair, dropped to the floor constantly, ran off and jumped in the road, ate leaves off bushes and rounded it off by throwing stones in my face. All this from the child who is top of the class (and probably year) at school. But no ASD according to the paed hmm.

alice I have no wine either. Got some chocolate though.

keep the Queen probably has her own postcode too wink.

Hello polter smile.

I'm going to hide in the shower for 10 mins before I deal with bedtime. Back later.

Schoolsoutforsummer Fri 01-Aug-14 19:48:19

Moving here, too and so wound up was up just after 4 - but, the house looks good as a result. Hope it goes well, Keep.

Sign - we had a hamster that was an escapeologist. One house move, I bought it a special cage and when I drew up at the new house and opened the boot, he was dancing on top of it. Glad the bunnies are home.

And off on a house-tangent (sorry - just slightly obsessive at the mo') Alice - I have stairs like your old ones, how did you clean them? What paint are you using?

Packing starts tomorrow ....

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 01-Aug-14 19:54:16

Good luck with your move - you sound very organised smile

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Fri 01-Aug-14 19:58:44

keepon neat! I love the old fashioned sewing machines - such cool lines on them - not like the boxy white block machines of today.

meglet thankfully I have chocolate as well, or I'd be really stressing!!

poop. I'm still a bit teary and upset though. I suspect my relationship with my dd is going to take a huge hit with all this - her partner is going to do everything possible to put up barriers there. She's already acting so differently than she used to and the views she has on so many things now are just so different. I'll do what I can to keep the lines of communication open, but I am not kowtowing to the arse she is living with. That's not happening, sorry.

I think I'm just a bit tired - this week has been nonstop stress with dd trashing ds1 and ds2 (her brothers FFS) and them both trashing me, the ridiculously pompous PA message from her partner (which really only shows what a wanker he is!), then this stuff with stbx and his family trashing me horrendously. God! I am NOT a bad person, dammit. I think I'm a pretty decent parent and I was not a shitty wife that was only after a visa. It just stings to hear people spreading all these awful lies about me .

sorry, going back to my corner and retreating just a bit. Still struggling, obviously.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 01-Aug-14 20:10:08

Alice - sorry you are having such s hard time with family, but I'm glad that I am not alone smile

FIL told DH that 'everything' is my fault and that as my mother has just died I can pay off DHs loans he received from his dad to date. He said that he expects repayment from any inheritance and that if DH doesn't get me to pay it he will personally visit to demand repayment from me. This refers to 'early inheritance' to pay for ds1's tribunal. What a git. sad

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 01-Aug-14 20:20:19

So far we seem to be celebrating the return of bunnies and sleeping. But, what the hey, I will drink to any success smile

Surely there must be more, though? I feed from stories of hope and success. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now