Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot goes camping (25/7/14)

(454 Posts)
PolterGoose Fri 25-Jul-14 18:44:04

Evening all smile

Shall we crack open the wine and sit round the fire?

ouryve Fri 25-Jul-14 18:52:02

Hang on, I'll go and find a comfy chair. And WiFi.

It's official, btw. Technology trumps dinosaurs.

zzzzz Fri 25-Jul-14 18:53:19

Hi you old drunks. People want to play the game of life...ahhhhhhhhhh

PolterGoose Fri 25-Jul-14 18:58:03

We need hazey and her sofa...

I can't stand this heat any longer, I can't even crochet it's too hot <wails>

zzzzz Fri 25-Jul-14 19:08:02

I'm crocheting and avoiding board games

Piratejones Fri 25-Jul-14 19:08:13

I'm all packed for real camping, just need to sort DN out a bag of stuff.

zzzzz Fri 25-Jul-14 19:09:56

It's like watching a car crash. No one will play so dd3 and ds1 are playing BY THEMSELVES! OMfuckingG this is going to be a massacre.

PolterGoose Fri 25-Jul-14 19:10:04

Good luck Pirate, when are you going?

zzzzz Fri 25-Jul-14 19:11:46

shock

Piratejones Fri 25-Jul-14 19:12:37

Billing aquadrome saturday until monday, if that goes well and DN can cope with it, then somewhere further away for a full week.

PolterGoose Fri 25-Jul-14 19:14:03

You alright zzzzz?

Very brave Pirate, is he excited?

Piratejones Fri 25-Jul-14 19:17:15

Very brave Pirate, is he excited?

He wasn't, not even when we had a practise camp in the garden, but he has been today.

zzzzz Fri 25-Jul-14 19:19:47

Someone has replaced my children with step ford children!

ouryve Fri 25-Jul-14 19:22:20

DS2 is in the bath, so I have a number free few minutes. It appears that my attempts to teach him to blow haven't been in vain. I've been blowing his fringe, which amuses him greatly, when he's hot. He came and did it to me, earlier - giving me an eye full of spit grin

DS1's squirming around listening to his MP3 player, tipping up the sound tube I got DS2 from the gift shop and kicking a trainer about. Tired boy, I think.

moosemama Fri 25-Jul-14 19:24:35

Evenin' all. I'm only coming camping if I can come in the caravan we have our eye on and dh has enquired about today.

This isn't the actual one - don't want to give too many people a heads-up it's for sale, as they're very sought after - but its the same age (very early 70's) model and colour.

Really excited, but trying to reign it in, as there's a large chance we could lose it to an enthusiast that has far more disposable cash than we do.

Ineedmorepatience Fri 25-Jul-14 19:24:44

Evening all, can I pull up a virtual camping chair smile

Dd3 is all packed for scout camp, she leaves at 7.30 in the morning!

She is a little jumpy but seems excited.

I have made her a personal profile and am camping about an hour away from them for some of the time so will be handy if she needs rescuing.

Hope your camp goes ok pirate smile

Ineedmorepatience Fri 25-Jul-14 19:26:55

moose will it have a foot pump in the floor for the water??

I have memories of staying in my Dad's caravan which must have been from a similar era smile

FancyAnOlive Fri 25-Jul-14 19:33:09

Dd1 and dd2 are watching Tinkerbell and the Secret of the Wings which I rather pathetically sobbed at when we saw it in the cinema. I have really struggled with dd2 this afternoon though. I lost my temper and shouted at her as I am so bloody sick of her hitting and kicking me when she is cross about something. I know it doesn't help and I had to go upstairs and take a few deep breaths. She had also thrown the laptop at me. Her OCD-ish rituals and compulsions seem to have really tailed off now she is not at nursery but her behaviour is hard to deal with - so angry and is going on and on about how much she hates everyone.

Anyway we tidied up and it's movie night and I have a lovely glass of Pinot Grigio in front of me, so cheers.

moosemama Fri 25-Jul-14 19:34:49

This model is top of the range, so had electric pumps even at that stage. They're awesome caravans and the one we're looking at has had one very dedicated owner from new and seems to be in near mint condition.

Every model came with a cocktail cabinet, complete with glasses and a bespoke china dinner service and tea-set exclusive to the caravan manufacturers. Glasses and crockery aren't with the one we're looking at though and will cost a fortune to source and replace.

moosemama Fri 25-Jul-14 19:38:49

Back on topic, ds1 is being very odd. Having really big issues about repeated toilet trips and compulsive water drinking. Also getting lots of flapping and echolalia, which we haven't seem for a very long time.

I've resorted to extending computer time to help him calm down a little.

Hopefully it's just excitement for our forthcoming holiday, but we've also had tears about missing his primary school and some about not wanting to leave year 7, so I suppose that could also be at the root of it.

FancyanOlive Sounds like a tough afternoon - enjoy your well earned wine.

TheFirstOfHerName Fri 25-Jul-14 19:46:14

I'd like to join you for as long as the chocolate and wine last (I can't survive camping unless both are readily available).

TheFirstOfHerName Fri 25-Jul-14 19:49:20

DS2 has been acting a bit peculiar for the last couple of days. I had put it down to the adjustment between term time and holidays, but I noticed this evening that he has a temperature. sad I asked him if anything hurt, and he said he had a headache and stomachache. When I asked why he hadn't told me before, he replied "You didn't ask."

moosemama Fri 25-Jul-14 20:04:58

Mmmm chocolate and red wine - the perfect partners. grin

Sorry to hear your ds2 is not feeling well. Inspired by your post I just asked ds1 if he was feeling ok and he said he feels sick and has had a bad stomach since yesterday. Same as your ds, he didn't tell me, because I didn't ask.

So, we have the end of term (ds1 has been off three weeks now though - but it's been his first week home with his siblings), upcoming holiday, hot weather and upset stomach/nausea. Oh and the sale of our beloved VW Camper. sad Thing is the stomach/nausea thing could be a red-herring because he gets that when he's stressed/anxious anyway - but he did say it was pretty bad.

Oookay, so I have absolutely no clue whether or not he's actually ill or it's all stress related. Can't wait to get him to the holiday house, he's like a different child while we're there.

TheFirstOfHerName Fri 25-Jul-14 20:16:35

It's hard to help them when they can't articulate why they feel so out of sorts.

Babieseverywhere Fri 25-Jul-14 21:22:59

We have been so busy lately that today we had a stay home day mainly so I could find the house under all the mess

DS was mainly on Minecraft apart from when I encourage him outside to earn more screen time. My girls loved running and out of the paddling pool, sand pit and trampoline...Who needs the park !

We are shortly going on our very first maybe last family camping holiday soon. We bought a 30 year old folding camper last winter, real canvas and sleeps 6. I am looking forward to the break but also worrying about being without screens, being outside all the time and worrying about DS leaving the camper in the middle of the night in search of inside and computers, lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now