Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Glass of champagne at the Goose and Carrot (13/6/14)- courtesy of Hazey!

(261 Posts)
hazeyjane Fri 13-Jun-14 14:35:27

Ds has just had his funding level increased!

Extra speech and language specified!!

And he had a great time at the special unit 'bread and spread', he signed that a girl hugged him!!!

So champagne and cheesy footballs all round football GOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!!

marshmallowSqueeze Fri 13-Jun-14 14:56:33

Yay Hazey that's fab news

ouryve Fri 13-Jun-14 16:06:03

Yayyy!!! wine

ouryve Fri 13-Jun-14 16:21:58

DS2 displayed a whole new level of Awkward on the way home, today, btw. One of his crocs fell off when I lifted him down off a wall, so he walked home in just his socks.

DS1 disapproved quite loudly.

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Fri 13-Jun-14 16:55:43

Hazey congrats!!

Brilliant week on holiday, ending in meeting some lovely fellow MNSN board members. grin I thought I was going to put my feet up a couple hours ago, but have spent all this time putting everything away, starting laundry and making supper. Okay, NOW putting my feet up for a few minutes.

bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 13-Jun-14 17:02:05

Wonderful news, well done! Really really pleased, how nice to have some good news.

<glugs free champagne>

Galena Fri 13-Jun-14 17:04:10

Woohoo!

hazeyjane Fri 13-Jun-14 17:04:36

So glad you had a good holiday, Alice. envy at mnsn meet up!

We had a croc incident earlier too, ouryve. Ds had them on when he was playing with his water table, he splashed his croc, freaked out and is now refusing to put them on.

hazeyjane Fri 13-Jun-14 17:05:40

chin chin, Bluebird and Galena

<imagines we are all wearing swishy dresses>

how is dd, Galena, any more bleurgh?

offtoseethewizard64 Fri 13-Jun-14 17:10:05

Wonderful news Hazey
Not such good news about funding chez wizard I'm afraid. Phone call off LA this week to say they won't fund DD at the SN FE college we had chosen. She leaves school in 5 weeks. It is the only college locally she can go to and we only wanted 'day' placement - not residential. There is no Plan B as far a setting is concerned. Now we have to go cap in hand to Health to see if they will fund. The next panel meeting isn't until 1st July and the request has to be in by 24th June. DDs key worker is on holiday until 23rd sad. Fortunately DD is oblivious to it all - it's just me that's stressed.

I wonder why we bother with Transition Planning. Social Care left it until 2 month before DDs 18th birthday before they did any assessments. Not surprisingly her care package was not in place when we got cut off from Children Services. And now this. We have been saying where we want DD to go for at least 3 years. Her application for funding was submitted months ago and now we'll be lucky of we know if she's got funding by the time she leave school, or if she'll have anywhere to go in September sad

PolterGoose Fri 13-Jun-14 17:20:44

wizard that's just awful, hope you can get something sorted for September flowers

hazey that's fantastic news <raises glass>

Lovely to see Alice, NoHaudin and zzzzz today, very impressed with ingenious dog collar/waist straps grin

hazeyjane Fri 13-Jun-14 17:24:07

Wizard, what a nightmare. Why does everything have to be such a battle.

Glad you all had a nice meet up.

ouryve Fri 13-Jun-14 17:32:56

Bleeding useless numpties, wizard. Hope you get something sorted out for her, rather than being left high and dry.

Galena Fri 13-Jun-14 17:34:20

Bleurgh at 12, but nothing since. She's not looking as pale but hasn't eaten anything yet. She's very tired (her n me both) and has been asking since 4.30 for a nap but I think we've tided her over for now and from about 6 ish she could go to bed, I guess - maybe a bath first to keep her going a bit longer. Not sure whether to put her in her bed and resign myself to rewashing everything if sick overnight, or keep her in with me and likely get very little sleep again.

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Fri 13-Jun-14 17:48:50

Polter they worked a charm! grin And I am studiously ignoring any email and phones today. I have plans this weekend and am tired after our holiday/long week and in no way interested in fielding overdramatic ranting or the like. smile

zzzzz Fri 13-Jun-14 17:56:55

Put her to bed in her own bed and spread out some towels to make cleaning up easier. Honk honk

hazey cheers my dear. You clever clever thing. Tell that gosling to slow down with the ladies grin wine

polt alice NHMW was lovely to see you.

I am feeling happy again. I've decided to embrace the whole ehcp and mad dx process. Apply for dla (you are to refuse to talk to me next week if it isn't posted). Build on swimming lesson wonder by finding a tutor, and generally keep going because my young man is flowering so there really is no hurry. grin

Hi all, just checking in. Exhausting week. Ended in Ds having a tantrum. Not a meltdown a proper angerfest about not getting his own way.

bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 13-Jun-14 19:25:14

Sorry to hear that wizard. Sounds like they left it too late on purpose.

Meet up sounds great. I want to go to a meet up!! Can we organise a big one? <swishes swishy dress petulantly>

Galena Fri 13-Jun-14 19:35:25

Wizard, that's crap.

Alice, welcome back.

DD asleep in her towelled bed. Her best friend's mum has just told me that her DD was being sick in the loos at end of school, and 3 others were being sick in the playground. Methinks we've found the source of it - a bug from school wink

ilovemonstersInc Fri 13-Jun-14 20:48:40

Wizard that sounds horrible wine

Hazey glad he got extra funding. All this is new to me so when someone has a min can you explain the who, what, where etc about funding as I dont have a clue about any of it

Welcome back alice

galena hope dd stays asleep so you can get some rest

nursery have started doing reading books with ds hmm hes been there 2 years and they've never mentioned it before and all of a sudden now he has 3 weeks left they've started. Its because his learning folder isnt full due to time off because of illness but I feel they are pushing him too hard for the last 3 weeks that hes there. The school sen person rang them and I think they've realised they have nothing to pass on as the cba doing fuck all and they have to send some info up about him. Ds cant bloody count pass3 nvm read a book!

hazeyjane Fri 13-Jun-14 22:06:44

Ds up and refluxing badly.

Hope dd is settled tonight, galena.

Really enjoyed the football tonight, fantastic game!

PolterGoose Sat 14-Jun-14 07:46:11

Hope hazey and Galena's nights weren't too awful brew

youarewinning Sat 14-Jun-14 07:54:27

Hazey - that's fab news. (Funding not reflux obviously!)

Galena - hope dd had a better night - you too.

Alice- I'm really pleased you had a great week away. It's the least you and your boys deserve after the past year.

Wizard- sorry to hear you've hit the funding wall. They really taking the piss waiting so late in the academic year.

zzzzz Sat 14-Jun-14 07:54:55

h and g hope world of vomit has subsided.

Good luck to all at the lougle/moondog day. grin

Off to see dd's new school and take her out for some super-rare Mummy-and-Daddy-just-for-you time. smile

Gosh I am feeling so much better about things. My children are incredible. <shamelessly smug>

How dull it must be to have ordinary average children, and how lucky we are......though ds "missed" the loo this morning. confused and the day started a leeeeeetle early. grin

hazeyjane Sat 14-Jun-14 07:55:17

thanks for the brew - spent the night sleeping propped up with ds propped up on me, managed some sleep!

Hope mini Galena managed a good night.

Dd1 is playing a game where her and ds put some of each others cereal in their mouths - ds has put some oatibix in his mouth (shock normally a texture he hates), then scraped it out looked at it, put it back in again and rubbed his tummy to sign 'yummy'.....it is very messy, which is brilliant in itself and he is eating something other than the dry rice krispie men he has every morning - yay!!

Dh at work all day, am planning on taking dcs to a youth football fun day to raise money for the sn playgroup ds used to go to....if we ever get dressed.

Anyone got plans today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now