Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I hosted a get together for the local kids & it was a success!! :)

(6 Posts)
kippersmum Thu 10-Apr-14 21:37:46

DD1 has AS & the last time I had one of her friends round for tea (nearly 2 years ago!) it was such a disaster I vowed never to do it again. If anyone is minded to search I'm sure there is a post about it! ;)

However today I fed all of the local kids who play together at a tree with a swing near our house & it went brilliantly. DD2 loved it in particular. It was so great for her to spend time with her friends.

I cannot tell you how happy I am that DD1 (7) played with friends from school, age range yr1 to yr4, she is yr3. No tears, no strops, no telling people she is going to chop their heads off <sigh>. Just normal playing out followed by food & games. I'm guessing it is normal to most people but for us it was a huge milestone. smile

Before anyone thinks I'm gloating, I'm not. I noticed something that other mums of AS children may find interesting, DD1 found it easier to be part of a crowd & she dipped in & out as she wanted. It was much easier for her than having the intense 1 on 1 "have to entertain someone" of a normal playdate.

I'm definitely going to do feeding a crowd again... when it all got a bit too hectic DD1 rode her bike back to our house (maybe 40m) & then back to the tree so she could chill out a bit.

Dilidali Fri 11-Apr-14 15:55:18

I was just told I am epic for bringing out a tub of icecream and a handful of spoons.
They ignored the plastic cups I also provided for scooping the icecream in, and tuck in in a heap.
There's something about food, isn't there.

So pleased for you DD's milestone smile

zzzzz Fri 11-Apr-14 16:01:52

Go Mummy go! Well done. grin

PolterGoose Fri 11-Apr-14 16:47:34

That sounds fun grin

<whispers> please can we all come next time wink

bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 11-Apr-14 17:21:06

You're now the neighbourhood 'cool mum' I hope you realise!!

kippersmum Fri 11-Apr-14 18:45:48

Thank you for the lovely replies. I love the ice cream idea. I actually have some wafer cones in the cupboard & ice cream in the freezer so if they are all out there again tomorrow afternoon I might surprise them with ice cream cones smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now