Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Hearing test

(2 Posts)
firstchoice Tue 08-Apr-14 21:37:14

School are suggesting a hearing test for a year 5 child who is struggling with spelling - differentiating diagraphs -
school have asked me to arrange with GP as 'quicker than them doing it'.

GP rarely refers and then usually does so for 'less' than you have asked, iyswim.

Is a 'standard' hearing test what I want to ask for, please, or is there any other kind?

MissBetseyTrotwood Wed 09-Apr-14 21:24:43

It is a standard test afaik. It will be lots of games with the tester and a quick, painless check for glue ear which is a little puff of air into the ear on both sides.

I think I see where the school are coming from wrt the GP referring. Can you get the teacher/SENCO to write a letter on your behalf? You may not even need an appointment as it could be an administrative procedure if the GP has the request from school.

Sounds like a good school and very proactive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now