Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

my husband has been a parent for exactly as long as me, right?

(17 Posts)
HecatePropylaea Sun 06-Apr-14 13:02:22

So why have i just had a phone call from him wanting to leave the clothes shop without our youngest having bought anything because he cant choose?

After a few questions it transpires my husband has simply let him walk round. hmm

I said well, thats the problem then isnt it? He cant do that! You have to select two or three things and let him choose. Then repeat until hes spent the budget.

I mean. Ffs. Where's he been for the last 14 years?

Frusso Sun 06-Apr-14 13:04:33

Hecate my dh is more of a choose something dd doesn't want for dd, or won't take dd shopping.

PolterGoose Sun 06-Apr-14 14:18:58

grin and hmm

zzzzz Sun 06-Apr-14 14:56:36

grin

Though frankly shopping with a teenager is revolting so perhaps you should just embrace mail order.

HecatePropylaea Sun 06-Apr-14 15:20:55

It is. Oh boy it is! Why do you think I made him to take them? grin

ohtowinthelottery Sun 06-Apr-14 16:17:01

I would never send DH clothes shopping with DS - and in fact I don't think DS would go with him.
Mail order is your friend. DS is more of a - you buy it, bring it home and I'll try it on eventually kind of clothes shopper.

AtYourCervix Sun 06-Apr-14 16:21:16

And this is why every pair of shoes in this house, apart from his own, has been bought by me.

Also every pair of socks, item of clothing, uniform, activity clothes, knickers, toiletry and hair product.

HecatePropylaea Sun 06-Apr-14 21:33:37

yup. <sigh>

you know what they came back with after all that?

Eldest - 1 pair plain black trousers and one plain white tshirt
youngest - 1 plain white tshirt.

So guess who has to shop again now. tsk.

grin

I wonder if I am being conned by all 3 of my chaps into taking care of all clothing purchases hmm

Strongecoffeeismydrug Sun 06-Apr-14 23:32:18

I've banned DH from clothes shopping with the kids as I always have to return everythingwink.
Ds loved the colour pink so will choose any think pink if it's suitable or not and he always buys everything too small grrr, because ds is 9 DH just buys age 9 even tho ds wears add 12 grrrrr .
If you want owt doing do it yourself wink

starfishmummy Mon 07-Apr-14 23:17:58

My DH doesnt even buy his own clothes let alone help with Ds...

I lie. He waers sukts for work and will eventually go and buy those when nagged enough!!

moosemama Tue 08-Apr-14 09:44:07

This is why I try to get free returns codes and order online. That way I can order a decent selection, let them try them on and choose and return what doesn't meet their exceptionally high standards.

It's also why I have just bought the same types of trousers (knitted waistband) in every size for the next three years, as I know ds1 will wear them and gets really upset if/when he grows out of them. I live in dread of the soft waisted jeans going out of fashion and only being available in toddler sizes again.

bochead Wed 09-Apr-14 05:21:43

Dunno what I'll do when/if primark stop doing black jogging trousers. 6 pairs at once, in and out and I'm sorted every time wink.

(Thinks back to the days slaving over a sewing machine for school trousers for a child with an apple bitten bum, and the subsequent
battles to get DS to actually keep his underpants on all day at school, so Miss Catsbumface wouldn't have a pop at me AGAIN at home time, only for DS to pull the offending garment out of his pocket and wave it at her!).

Luckily DS is fine about seams, it's just the fabric texture that has to be just right. Not for his Dibgesty a scratchy towel or
hard bed sheet - oh no.

Online shopping is a godsend.

PolterGoose Wed 09-Apr-14 08:21:07

Online here too. The only shoes he needs measuring for are school shoes so that's only once or twice a year.

zzzzz Wed 09-Apr-14 11:18:34

You can buy the shoe measuring gizmo at Clarks on line. wink

www.johnlewis.com/baby-child/clarks/buy-a-gauge/c7000011714

moosemama Wed 09-Apr-14 11:29:58

I shop online for school shoes too. You can either buy the gauge or use the photograph and size option on the Startrite website. Genius! grin

moosemama Wed 09-Apr-14 11:30:44

Cross posted, while I was reading the G&C thread in another tab. grin

PolterGoose Wed 09-Apr-14 11:31:09

It would be really tricky for ds because of his custom insoles and weird feet, but thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now