Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

G&T at the Goose & Carrot. Freshly cooked chips. Get them while they're fresh, but mind, they're hot!

(272 Posts)
ouryve Fri 04-Apr-14 18:38:26

New Friday, new week.

Boys broke up for Easter, today. DS1 decided to break up early. Since he was hoping that today was his last day, ever, I'm actually wondering if I'll ever get him back there again.

So I have 2 weeks with the boys in the house together. I'll probably not get DS2 out of the house without the buggy, because he won't even put shoes on for me, any more. We see his paed on Wednesday and DH is finally having his dodgy tooth out on Thursday.

ouryve Fri 04-Apr-14 18:40:18

Bah. Forgot the flipping date.

It's 4/4/14

PolterGoose Fri 04-Apr-14 18:42:45

Have you any idea when ds1 starts new school?

Broken up here too, tadpoles seem happy. Ds has had a fantastic 2 weeks and we've had some progress with emotional understanding smile

ouryve Fri 04-Apr-14 18:45:47

Still waiting for a start date. He needs to do some more assessment visits, first.

youarewinning Fri 04-Apr-14 19:04:37

So and I have broken up too grin

Great that your DS is moving forward polter. Long may it continue wine

PolterGoose Fri 04-Apr-14 19:09:02

youare thanks, ds always does things in spurts, fingers crossed it isn't a flash in the pan.

ouryve Fri 04-Apr-14 19:18:16

Both of mine do things in spurts, too. Something always gives at the same time, though. DS2's turned into a right cocky little so and so now he's a spelling ace grin

ouryve Fri 04-Apr-14 19:19:41

Though he was making a plastic cockroach ("pider" to him!) crawl up my arm, earlier. Funny boy!

moosemama Fri 04-Apr-14 19:20:02

Polter, lovely to hear your ds has had such a great couple of weeks and is making progress.

Ds1 would love to have some tadpoles. Next-door have them in their pond, but we don't know them that well. We do get lots of teeny baby frogs in our garden when they eventually develop and leave the pond though. Dh has to be so careful when mowing the lawn! shock

Dh has just called to say he's waiting trackside for the train to come back the other way, so he can grab the conductor/guard and see if he found his backpack. Luckily he was the only person in his carriage, it only had two more stops after his and is usually pretty empty coming the other way - so fingers crossed. He's in a right state, hasn't been in the job long and is so worried about what might happen if it doesn't turn up.

I had better drag my backside off the sofa and throw together some junk food dinner, as it's so late and dh is going to be in no fit state if they haven't found his bag. hmm

PolterGoose Fri 04-Apr-14 19:20:36

ouryve is he still spelling? Will this make communication easier?

moosemama Fri 04-Apr-14 19:21:29

Ouryve, ds1 has been a right funny boy all afternoon today - it's exhausting! grin

He seems to think it's hilarious to answer every question or respond to every request for him to do something by saying 'pie'. hmm

Am really off to make dinner now ...

PolterGoose Fri 04-Apr-14 19:23:42

moose could you have a pond? Even a teeny one? We've got one but left our frogspawn there, but ds didn't want to put all the tadpoles he's been nurturing at school back in the school pond before they'd grown legs.

PolterGoose Fri 04-Apr-14 19:24:37

grin at 'pie', ds does things like that too hmm

signandsingcarols Fri 04-Apr-14 19:31:37

hi all, poulter glad last couple of weeks have been good, after the good result from the AR I have had friends round for brunch (for the birthday last weekend). Got to use/show off the kitchen and for an event that was supposed to be 9.30 till 11, we were still going at 12.15 grin

ds , for the first time, grin managed a competition at school without meltdown, (easter hats, he didnt win and only said 'oh dear sad ) So so proud of him and pleased with school who have been working on this with him.

off ot nanny's next week in London... (so if anyone is around south west London next week, Richmond/Kingston/New Malden etc and fancies a coffee with a west country yokel pm me... grin )

RaRaTheNoisyLion Fri 04-Apr-14 19:49:23

Wed sign?

moosemama Fri 04-Apr-14 20:12:34

Pond wouldn't really be a great idea with my dogs. They have absolutely no brakes and use our garden like a race track. hmm

Before it was 'pie' it was 'cheese' or 'I like cheese'. Hilarious he is ... hmm grin

Sign, glad you've had a good week. Well done ds, shame he didn't win, but it sounds like he handled it really well.

Conductor told dh there was 'lost property' when they arrived at the final stop, but being a jobsworth, wouldn't tell him what it was. However, he did say, 'you can pick it up from the station from 8.00 am tomorrow morning', so we're assuming it is his bag.

Pain in the bum. He was supposed to be starting the decorating first thing tomorrow and now he's not likely to get started before lunchtime. hmm

He is, as predicted, in a real grot. He's had a bad day at work, the zip came off his coat and now his bag. Think I might hide.

I have a Tesco trifle, but am now feeling the need for wine as well!

hazeyjane Fri 04-Apr-14 20:14:36

Mmmmmmwine

PolterGoose Fri 04-Apr-14 20:18:27

How was the dietician hazey?

Galena Fri 04-Apr-14 20:27:24

Just signing in but won't be about much this week - we're going away with loads of friends (11 of us total) and I am really looking forward to it!

autumnsmum Fri 04-Apr-14 20:32:15

A lovely gift arrived earlier from a goose ! Ds is shouting into a mic on a xbox game he's playing with a school friend and I found myself thinking imagine if we mumsnetters out loud . Am hoping the chickenpox is on the wane , now have nearly three weeks of holidays to get through

AtYourCervix Fri 04-Apr-14 21:10:51

Evening all.

wine for the impending Easter break.

DD2 was 16 last weekend! My Baby!!!! 16!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway. She is being remarkably civilised at the mo.

It won't last. Both her and D1 have exams. I'm not looking forward to the next few months.

PolterGoose Fri 04-Apr-14 21:14:23

Hello AYC pleased dd2 has been better, but 16 shock

wine and cake

AtYourCervix Fri 04-Apr-14 21:19:59

I know! shock

D1 is 18 in 2 weeks! shock

How did that happen? I'm far too young to have daughters that old. <<sob>>

moosemama Fri 04-Apr-14 21:23:52

Hi AYC, good to hear dd has been giving you a break. Belated 16th birthday wishes to her.

How's that enormous puppy of yours doing? I regularly think of him when I'm telling the umpteenth person in a row that yes, my boy is actually still a puppy and no, he hasn't finished growing yet. I console myself that I know of at least one puppy that's bigger than mine. grin

PolterGoose Fri 04-Apr-14 21:28:41

How about some puppy photos? <begs>

AYC I think you missed the thread where we discovered we are all 44 except a few youthful outliers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now