Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

<<taps fingers>>... Wish my boy luck today please

(18 Posts)
troutsprout Thu 03-Apr-14 10:57:10

Ds(16 asd) is going into hospital to have an adult canine tooth (which is currently residing aprox under his left nostril) removed . Gen anaesthetic for the first time too.
I asked if there was an autism team I could talk to at the hospital and the consultant looked at me as if I was speaking cling-on << sighs>>
We are both bricking it. Not sure if he will make it to theatre without fainting first anyway... So it could be v interesting/ horrific / afternoon. It COULD go alright
<< wibble>>

PolterGoose Thu 03-Apr-14 11:43:55

Loads of luck for you and your ds, sounds horrible. Is he having it done under GA?

Jacksterbear Thu 03-Apr-14 11:52:24

brew for you. How is it going?

troutsprout Thu 03-Apr-14 11:52:44

Yes... Thankfully. I'm just hoping they don't leave him waiting too long ... So there is less anxiety time.

troutsprout Thu 03-Apr-14 11:53:53

He has to be there at 1pm
He's manically playing pc game atm

troutsprout Thu 03-Apr-14 11:59:34

He is not happy that he can't eat this morning

Jacksterbear Thu 03-Apr-14 13:19:02

Did you get him there ok?

Ilisten2thesoundofdrums Thu 03-Apr-14 14:31:51

fingers crossed it goes smoothly and sending honks.

Flappingandflying Thu 03-Apr-14 14:36:25

Fingers crossed for you both.

PolterGoose Thu 03-Apr-14 16:06:36

How's it going?

zzzzz Thu 03-Apr-14 16:45:49

Lots of honks for troutboy. We is dentist a fe weeks ago. Honk honk honk honk

troutsprout Thu 03-Apr-14 17:51:49

Phew... It's over! Thanks so much for handholding and honks [ smile]. We got home 20 mins ago.
Sometimes I underestimate my boy. It's just that you get so little from him that I tend to assume the worst.
Having to change into surgical gown was a big challenge for him... And the cannula was a difficult moment when he said he almost reached a "5" on the anxiety scale. Lol- a 5 is his 'go apeshit and run for the hills 'state .Somehow though he mentally talked himself down. The lights and the heat were also "horrible"
I am so so proud of him... Lol he even told me not to worry as he went to theatre!
We are home... He is sore... But we are home
smile
I am going to have a glass of wine later

troutsprout Thu 03-Apr-14 18:04:10

....and I need to stop underestimating him coz I blardy go mad if other people do it! grin

zzzzz Thu 03-Apr-14 18:07:43

Keep the pain meds going for a few days. Well done both of you, but especially your brave boy. No one knows what truly brave dc we have. HONK HONK.

PolterGoose Thu 03-Apr-14 18:23:30

Well done troutboy

wine wine wine for you

Jacksterbear Thu 03-Apr-14 22:25:54

wine well done

troutsprout Fri 04-Apr-14 06:29:32

Thanks everyone,
Will do zzzz
flowers

streakybacon Fri 04-Apr-14 07:16:21

Didn't see this yesterday. So glad it went ok in the end. Hope he's alright today too, and no after-effects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now