Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

goose and carrot...pull up a chair and have one on me...(28 Mar)

(360 Posts)
signandsingcarols Fri 28-Mar-14 17:44:09

Cos it's my birthday tomorrow and I am working sad I have had a foul headache most of the day so will not be partaking myself.. sad but when the week quietens after the review on Tues the end of the birthday week should be more 'snazzy'

This has been such a full week writing the AR parental feedback 5 page report... to try and ensure ds keeps at least some of the hours and the statement is maintained.

I think I have judged the balance of 'reasonable lets work in partnership', with 'if you fail ds I will be your worst nightmare!!! and I will not stop!' grin

how has the week been..

Galena Fri 28-Mar-14 17:51:30

Have a fabulous birthday sign

I have been blown away yet again by 4yo DD. She got 10/10 in her spelling today - good, yes? But when you consider that the words were: treasure, measure, pleasure, usual, unusual, casual, laugh, laughed, television and explosion I think she's done bloody well!

We also got her report today, in which she is either 'within the 40-60+' age band or has already achieved the Early Learning Goals for everything except 'Moving and Handling' - i.e. gross motor skills, which isn't surprising considering she has a physical disability.

Well done, sign. No one has ever, ever suggested taking away hours from DS at any of his ARs. (Or increasing them, TBH.) I hope you get a similar story.

I am popping in to the Goose and Carrot tonight, briefly, because I feel like I've abandoned you all a bit. Virtually full time work, single parenting 3 boys and spending time with my very demented mum is eating badly into my MNing time. Sorry! blush

DS2 had his annual review. It was fine. He's taking his options this year and I'm hoping he can do a broad range of subjects, both computing and ICT. grin He's very off the wall at the moment. Getting quite a few detentions and finding the work, not exactly difficult, but too much like hard work. He's really reluctant to write much (lazy) but they've been getting him to use his netbook much more which has been pretty successful.

Ex dickhead has remarried. I thought I was fine about it but have been struggling with it a bit. Just feel a bit jealous of his lifestyle and happiness, I guess.

Boys are with him this weekend, so Mother's Day. sad

Anyway, hello everyone.

I'm off out to my wine appreciation book club in a bit.

Crossed, Galena. Well done your lovely DD. not sure about this 40-60 statistic, though? confused

RaRaTheNoisyLion Fri 28-Mar-14 18:10:55

Hi all,

Today is the 3rd anniversary of my DF's passing. I remember him on this day rather than his birthday because that date is also my DS' birthday. Also, his favourite flower was the daffodil.

RaRaTheNoisyLion Fri 28-Mar-14 18:14:14

Sounds like you have the balance right Sign. Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Amazing Galena. Well done to your dd!

Ellen, Ex has no happiness to be jealous of. His life is superficial and without substance. Mothers Day for you is about treating yourself right?

Galena Fri 28-Mar-14 18:16:30

Oh, the 40-60+ month age band - so precisely where she should be basically.

Sorry you're struggling, Ellen. Can I help in any way?

And Raaraa, a sad memory, but a cheerful flower. smile

signandsingcarols Fri 28-Mar-14 18:18:37

RaRa, sorry to hear about DF, do you have other family who miss him to talk to today..

Ellen, great to see you, you have been missed.. angry dickhead still managing to be a pain in the butt...

Galena well done dd! that's fab!

Moose and Youare, sorry for pipping you to the post to start the thread, (i hadn't read the end of the other one at that point) and so hate queue jumpers.... blush

SummerRain Fri 28-Mar-14 18:21:21

Rara flowers

Ellen, I'm sorry you won't have the kids on Sunday. I'm working all day Sunday and won't see mine either so they gave me cards today instead (and then proceeded to ignore me for the remainder of the day wink). Spoil yourself on Sunday flowers

RaRaTheNoisyLion Fri 28-Mar-14 18:24:51

Sign The two that miss him the most are having dinner at Claridges.
(don't ask)

I'm okay though. I have had daffodils all through the house and will be getting a curry tonight with DH hopefully. Tomorrow ds is playing in a concert and performing in his choir again so we have that to look forward to.

Rara, thanks. My dad died nearly 11 years ago, I still miss him. Your love for him will always be there, even if you don't think about him every day. X

Thanks, Galena. I'm fine really, just not quite as unbothered as I'd like to be. I'll get there. Oh, 40 - 60 months! Long time since I'd counted age in months. Her spelling is a rather better than that, though.

Sign, forgot to say Happy Birthday for tomorrow. Mwah.

Summer, I do see the boys Sunday evening. Hopefully they'll remember, but TBH, I'm not too bothered if they don't. I know they love me, but the family 'personality' doesn't really go in for telling me so! grin

PolterGoose Fri 28-Mar-14 18:33:28

For RaRa flowers

Jacksterbear Fri 28-Mar-14 18:34:56

Galena shock wow that's impressive spelling for a 4yo!

sign hope you have a great birthday.

RaRa thanks hope you're ok.

DS being a fucking nightmare rather challenging this eve, winding me and DD up.

PolterGoose Fri 28-Mar-14 18:35:58

Happy birthday for tomorrow sign cake

Well done mini-Galena grin

Ellen lovely to see you here, enjoy your wine

wine ? What wine ? Did someone mention wine ? wink

Jackster, hope DS has a nice, early night for you...

ouryve Fri 28-Mar-14 18:42:21

Crossing everything possible, sign

That's fabulous, galena. DS1 was like that with spellings! Always took great pleasure in learning them (not that he had to try) and then got a teacher who rubbed him up the wrong way, so lost interest in the challenge.

EJ, you owe us nothing. you've enough on your plate x

RaRa flowers I don't think we have the [daffodil] any more.

As I mentioned at the end of the old thread, I've been filling in the consent forms for DS1's new school, so it's beginning to feel real. It's not every school that has a motorcycle consent form grin

PolterGoose Fri 28-Mar-14 18:43:34

Ds just told me he imagines mumsnetters holding torches and pitchforks, storming into houses, stripping wallpaper and fumigating confused he has an interesting imagination grin

ouryve Fri 28-Mar-14 18:54:07

Nah. We buy someone in to do the fumigating grin

youarewinning Fri 28-Mar-14 19:08:57

Ellen - more wine sorry to hear things are difficult.

Sign- happy birthday (and I'm glad you started thread - I still haven't had the guts to just start one!)

Galena - wow! That's brilliant.

RaRa - thanks

Jacks- hope DS calms for you soon and your weekend isn't too eventful.

Polter- grin

homework Fri 28-Mar-14 19:24:54

Happy birthday sign
Ellen enjoy your day to yourself be busy enough once they break up next week anyway.
Well done mini galena , those are hard words for a four year old , clever girl .
Rara sorry to hear about your dad , it's hard on there anniversary of there deaths as most people tend to forget after a while , it's been fourteen years since my dad's and ten years since my mums and brothers. Time passes very quickly.

Well we having a pizza takeaway and film from skybox . Leaving revision till tomorrow .

signandsingcarols Fri 28-Mar-14 19:36:02

poulter, I like the image... tho what we would be fumigating is now making me hmm grin

Hi all smile

I am very happy - I've been very brave twice this week. On Tuesday I walked to the little un-staffed train station down the road from my house and caught the train to the ice rink for the first time, all by myself smile Then yesterday, after lamenting to friends that I wish I could learn to sing, I went and spoke to the local music school and have a voice lesson booked on Monday with a lovely lady named J smile

Also managed to get my earplugs ready for Dancing on Ice live tour tomorrow night. I messaged the tour page and they said there is some pyro in certain numbers, so bring the earplugs and see how I go. They're Alpine MusicSafe ones and I've got the strongest level protector doodahs in them (technical term that). So I'm very excited, I tried the plugs out by going into HMV, trying their tester headphones with the volume up, and they really cut down the bass and thudding sounds, so that's promising.

Hopefully the tour is awesome.

Oh, almost forgot, a very good friend had her baby boy on Monday night - 8lb 11 grin

Jacksterbear Fri 28-Mar-14 19:50:33

Lollipop that's great stuff smile.

youare just to respond to your post at the end of the previous thread... My ds is definitely more hypersensitive (to noise and touch) when his anxiety levels are higher - making him quite inconsistent in the things he can tolerate - and I think this is pretty common. In the same way that a sudden loud noise would make you jump much more if you were walking down a dark alley in the dead of night compared to if you were relaxed and feeling safe/comfortable etc.

Thankfully dd has gone to sleep and ds has chilled a bit smile

youarewinning Fri 28-Mar-14 19:54:54

Ah yes jacks - that makes sense.

hazeyjane Fri 28-Mar-14 20:02:10

Hello all. Just a quick snifter for me before my mum comes to stay....

Ds has been obsessively signing 'nanna' and 'car' and trying to get out of the front door to go and get her for the last 4 days, and then gets absolutely hysterical when I say she isn't coming yet. Must remember, in future, to never ever mention any upcoming events to ds.

A better day with ds today - preschool this morning, where he made a very sweet mother's day card (with a pirate on it, obviously) and then lunch and soft play with my lovely friend and her ds, we were both knackered and so just sat in comfortable silence whilst the boys played - lovely. I also got to meet another friend's bengal kitten, he was gorgeous - I miss having a cat.

happy birthday for tomorrow, sign

wow galena your dd is a bright little button isn't she, those spellings are hard!

EJ Big Wave, lovely to see yousmile

rara - thanks and happy memories for you.

Summer, Jackster youare homework and Polter winewinewinewine and wine

Lollipop well done on the bravery, oooh to dancing on ice, I love an ice show.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now