Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Tell me to stay away from AIBU

(17 Posts)
lionheart Wed 26-Mar-14 18:59:22

because I might explode ....

Intrigued. What thread? I rarely go on there.

But don't go on there, stay away!

lionheart Wed 26-Mar-14 19:14:46

If you manage to stay away from AIBU then I don't think it's fair for you to be praised for that. Plenty of people manage to stay away from AIBU with no difficulty at all, so why aren't we praising them?

<hoping I've got the correct end of the stick, or that comment will make no sense whatsoever>

Cross-posted. Ooops, it was the wrong end of the stick. Or possibly a completely different stick. blush

Yep, wrong stick. It wasn't even in AIBU, it was in Primary Education. I'll just get my coat.

lionheart Wed 26-Mar-14 19:22:14

grin Three

PolterGoose Wed 26-Mar-14 19:29:54

Oh Three grin

It's a bit shit out there today.

lion when I really can't deal with those threads I hide them.

lionheart Wed 26-Mar-14 19:35:43

I think it is a good idea.
bluey. wink Don't get involved.

stillstandingatthebusstop Wed 26-Mar-14 20:12:00

Three I knew what you meant. That thread might not have been in AIBU but it was VVVVU.

And there's a thread somewhere about how you can cure autism with diet - maybe I should look into it????? Stuff like that just makes me feel guilty: Like I should be curing my DS with diet or ABA or something, but I'm not I'm just muddling on sad

ouryve Wed 26-Mar-14 20:52:52

Is that the thread about the Liddle article in The Spectator, stillstanding?

autumnsmum Wed 26-Mar-14 20:54:09

Still standing I don't do diet or Aba with either of my two

ConstantCraving Wed 26-Mar-14 21:09:34

stillstanding if I tried that diet DD would starve . All she eats is carbs and dairy (and precious little of that!)

PolterGoose Wed 26-Mar-14 21:19:42

Same here Constant mine too would starve.

stillstanding I'm winging it with my ds, I use a wide range of techniques and he's making great progress. The only thing I wish I'd got in the habit of was writing a diary, I think then I'd see patterns quicker.

zzzzz Wed 26-Mar-14 22:19:54

I've read both (while hosting teen-slumber-party, cos I am hard) and neither is worth investing in. Ds seems to learn more the less I teach him confused so I would say you're doing fine stillstanding

stillstandingatthebusstop Thu 27-Mar-14 16:18:47

Thank you!! thanks You made me feel much better. I'm up for winging it. It's a strategy that has served me well in the past.

Sorry not to reply sooner we're in a fairly advanced state of chaos here. My days just seem to disappear without me getting half the stuff done that I need to. confused

ouryve it wasn't a Liddle thread, it was one about the unfairness of children (possibly sen children) getting rewarded for things that other children just do as normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now