Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Bless him!

(6 Posts)
eggsandwich Wed 26-Mar-14 18:53:47

Just wanted to share this with you, my DS is nearly 14 years old and is non verbal and severely autistic, he's been home today because his school is closed due to teacher's strike, anyway we had collected his younger sister from her school and when we got home as is normal she empties her lunch bag and cleans it out and I place some non refrigerated items in her bag for the next day.
My DS gets his lunch bag and proceeds to put the items that he always want's in his lunch bag along with a specific drink that he likes, he gets his usual snack out and puts it in his backpack separate from his lunch bag, his sister and myself just wanted to smother him in kisses (if he'd let us)he constantly surprises me, If only I had know when he was 3 years old how much he would progress I'm sure I wouldn't of been so fearful of the future for him.

ouryve Wed 26-Mar-14 19:03:12

Aww, fab boy! smile

DS2 is a lot younger, but I get quite teary when he does little things that give an inkling that he's growing up a bit.

Lesley25 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:04:10

I love that.
You're right though, it's hard to see a future without fear when they're little. People say "you'll blink and the part when they're little will be gone", but when you have a child with additional needs, sometimes you just can't wait for the development to occur.
Anyway, I loved your post x

PolterGoose Wed 26-Mar-14 19:33:13

Good for him, how fab smile

lionheart Wed 26-Mar-14 19:37:19

Fab boy and girl there. smile

eggsandwich Wed 26-Mar-14 19:47:50

Thanks all! I think my DS has taught me to never underestimate him, since puberty has kicked in he's so much more independent. Don't get me wrong we do have our bad days, but they are nothing like they use to be.
I remember people telling me to just wait till he hits puberty then you will really know whats hit you! So far so good. I'm far from being smug, but I remember really dreading puberty with all the stories I'd been told, but all I can say is that every child is different, knowing me it will probably go tits up now because of my optimism, but hey hoy we live in hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now