Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Essential Oils - what are you thoughts?

(3 Posts)
LadyCybilCrawley Wed 26-Mar-14 15:37:06

Hi everyone

We are one week into our intensive 6 month occupational therapy program for DS(9). Have to say its been an emotional week but we're starting to make baby steps.

The OT recommended we try out some essential oils - she gave us some to sample, and told us where to buy them if we liked them. Tried some on DS and there is one he loves, and I am not sure if I am projecting on him, but he does seem happier and calmer (could just be that he's spending 45 minutes with me everyday uninterrupted also grin ).

In any case, essential oils - do you have a positive experience or will I be throwing good money away (I looked up the one he likes and its $22 per bottle on amazon)?

Oh, the one he likes is this one: Stuff to help anxiety

thanks

OhSoVintage Thu 27-Mar-14 10:38:32

That doTerra stuff is so expensive! My friend uses it and she's been completely brainwashed by the company. I have no doubt they work as I be leave essential oils do but I wouldn't trust the company with a barge pole!
Not only is it the price but its also the fact they tell you to ingest and put them neat on your skin which is not safe according to most professionals, so I'm not sure how they are allowed to tell customers this.
Also the Certified Pure Theaputic Grade that they use to certify there oils is a made up marketing ploy! There is no regulatory body for essential oils currently. This alone doesn't fill me with confidence for the company.

I think essential oils have there place and I use them for both my dds but I get them from here https://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk
They are 100% pure without the designer price tag you pay for doTerra.

LadyCybilCrawley Fri 28-Mar-14 18:32:17

Thank you
I'll check out the link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now