Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Should we go on school trip with 5 yr old with HMS?

(3 Posts)
chocoholicbabe Tue 25-Mar-14 12:39:41

My sons are going on a school trip next week to Dover Castle. They both have Hypermobility Syndrome. I am going as a helper for my eldest who will be in a special needs buggy but I'm worried about my 5 year old. He can walk but his legs start to ache very quickly. My husband offered to go with him, but the teacher said this morning that he'll do so much more if we're not there and she'll keep an eye on him. Believe me I'd be over the moon if he coped but every time we take him out, he only walks for about 3 minutes before getting pain. Seems cruel not to help him. What do u all think? x

PolterGoose Tue 25-Mar-14 19:31:34

I'd be tempted to dose him up with Nurofen and let the teacher carry him if necessary, it will be a potentially helpful way for you to show what he needs at an early stage in his school life. If worst comes to worst can you take a buggy board?

chocoholicbabe Tue 25-Mar-14 19:42:19

I think that's what we are gonna have to do. I hate the thought of him suffering but at least I'll be there if necessary. You're right tho, they'll soon see what it's really like if he's bad. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now