Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot - 21.03.14 -oasis in the dessert

(462 Posts)
zzzzz Fri 21-Mar-14 16:11:51

Hey all

Ds1 is back home after frankly scary amount of dentistry under GA. I nearly fainted when I saw his mouth and I am not "girly" AT ALL. sad. Still tis done and today was never going to be fun.

I can barely stay upright but wine for all, and brew for me.

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 21-Mar-14 16:34:19

That sounds really draining for you and him. How is ds1?

I will join you in the brew. I have had a draining week. Some success in getting dd back to school with support but I think the real battles are just beginning.

Anyway dd's birthday on Sunday so a chance to do some nice stuff for her for a change.

hazeyjane Fri 21-Mar-14 16:54:55

Gosh,zzzzz big comforting brewfor you.

How is ds1 recovering? Hazey boy has to have 4 teeth out, and some other stuff, hopefully next month, under general. I am dreading it.

brew for you to NoHaudin. Have you nicelans for Sunday?

Shellshocked after our week, so will just snuggle over here, if that's ok.

ouryve Fri 21-Mar-14 16:59:51

Poor ds, zzzzz

sat on a hot, packed bus. Need something long, cool and refreshing.

paediatrician discharged ds1, this morning, pleased with the transformation resulting from his dietary changes.

long afternoon involving a carrot type who didn't bank on ppi providing strong but constructive criticism, a lovely gp with extrmely lovely hands [shallow] and the predictable ramblings of a bigoted git. Bus is late and I'll miss my connection

autumnsmum Fri 21-Mar-14 17:09:10

Hazey hope mini Hazey is feeling better ouryve that sounds a rotten afternoon . Apparently today dd2 got filmed for Nina and the neurons on cbeebies . It's brilliant that the bbc are using special schools

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 21-Mar-14 17:11:32

Hazey hope you have a peaceful weekend to recover.

ouryve does that mean standing at a freezing bus stop? brrr

Cake and nice meal for Sunday I think. On top of her newly non-functioning hand I think dd has a low grade virus so she is not the happiest nearly 14 yr old in the world.

zzzzz Fri 21-Mar-14 17:15:28

We are tucked up in bed together. Lent has been put on hold for the day (We gave up screen games and tv) so all the other children are glued to minecraft. He is quiet and very wobbly but not crying.
Thanks all. I will be more up beat soon I promise.

cake cake cake cake cake cake

PolterGoose Fri 21-Mar-14 17:17:12

zzzzz, hazey and NoHaudin hoping next week is more restful than this brew cake flowers

autumns how exciting, what did dd2 think if the filming?

ouryve good luck with buses

Alright here, turned out it was sports pretty much all day (despite teacher first telling me it was only afternoon and yesterday ds understanding it had been cancelled) so the only 'lessons' were ICT and a spelling test, fortunately ds got to stay in and use the laptops to do animations, did some drawings and was glad he went to school as he changed the tadpole water and said he'd have had a worse day if he'd stayed home, thanks ds hmm

PolterGoose Fri 21-Mar-14 17:19:09

And happy birthday for NoHaudin'sDD for Sunday (hope she's not too virusy) cake flowers

RaRaTheNoisyLion Fri 21-Mar-14 17:19:56

Hiya all,

Drained. Want weekend off. No chance.

DD's parents evening was boring.

autumnsmum Fri 21-Mar-14 17:21:02

Sorry no hauling and zzzz I've been really rude sorry about your weeks ! Polter the staff said She managed really well they were filmed at a local secondary so it was totally unfamiliar . She hasn't told me anything about it

PolterGoose Fri 21-Mar-14 17:30:26

Just spotted we've got 2 G&C's again. Perhaps we need a rota? grin

PolterGoose Fri 21-Mar-14 17:34:09

Right, I've tried to redirect traffic here to the oasis grin

zzzzz Fri 21-Mar-14 17:35:10

It's always me blush I did check but it took a long time to post in between because I had a boy on one arm and fat fingers.

Galena Fri 21-Mar-14 17:45:46

Hello hello hello, what's going on here then?!

I'm here. Vaguely. I'm trying desperately to keep up with everything and sinking miserably. Trying to keep up to date though.

SummerRain Fri 21-Mar-14 17:52:50

grin at least I'm not involved in the confusion for once, I've never managed to not cock up opening the g&c so have banned myself from future attempts.

Zzzz, hope he's feeling better soon, dental stuff is pretty rank at the best of times. Give him lots of goosey cuddles from us x

moosemama Fri 21-Mar-14 17:57:50

I have reported my thread and asked them to delete it. Only started it to give me something to do while I --fretted- waited for ds1 to arrive home.

I noticed when I started mine it took a few minutes to appear on the list of threads, but was appearing in my Threads I'm On, very odd. Perhaps it's delays like that that are causing the double threads every week?

Will read back and try and catch up in a bit, ds is home now though so need to prise details of his day out of him first.

SummerRain Fri 21-Mar-14 18:04:37

That being said, maybe a rota or nominating a thread opener each week isn't such a bad idea?

moosemama Fri 21-Mar-14 18:06:27

I nominate myself never to do it again, because I always mess it up. blush grin

zzzzz Fri 21-Mar-14 18:07:09

moose it is me. I really feel slightly peeved this time though 'cos I checked n everything angry. I'm sorry moose my barmaid are obviously long gone.

I'm staying well out of it next Friday.

Ds1 says he is hungry for cake grin that's MY boy grin

PolterGoose Fri 21-Mar-14 18:10:00

That's a good sign zzzzz give the boy lots of cake grin

Galena Fri 21-Mar-14 18:12:59

Cake definitely required!

SummerRain Fri 21-Mar-14 18:20:49

cake

Finally got to the gp today to ask for a letter about ds1s hypermobility for the school. They're applying for assistive technology for him due to his issues with writing. The deadline is next Wednesday blush with everything that was going on I just didn't have the headspace for it. Gp is lovely though, really keyed in to sn and used to be the schools medical officer for the area so totally understood what I needed. Had to wait over 2 hours to see her at the walk in clinic though as there were no appointments to be had.

youarewinning Fri 21-Mar-14 18:29:58

Wow autumnsmum that's sounds fun! You'll have to tell us which episode so we can watch! (If you don't mind us knowing it's the one with DD in)

Ouryre - that doesn't sound like fun - buses are a PItA at the best of times.

NaH hope DD feels better for her birthday

zzzz glad he's asking for cake - gotta be a good sign grin

Jacksterbear Fri 21-Mar-14 18:43:04

zzzzz hope ds1 is not too uncomfortable and you can all get some rest.

autumn ooh that's cool!

Summer that sounds like a positive step.

Got through sports relief dress-up day ok thank God. That's been 4 non-uniform days in the last 5 weeks - total nightmare! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now