Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

This is odd not sure what to make of it. (LA/Statement related)

(3 Posts)
NoHaudinMaWheest Wed 19-Mar-14 20:46:21

I sent LA standard IPSEA letter requesting statutory assessment last week. Yesterday I got their reply and form for parental views. The odd thing is I sent the letter in my name only not even Mrs but their reply was addressed to Mr and Mrs DH's initial Surname.
I assume they got that from ds's file but quite apart from the sexism how do they know that dd is dh's daughter or that he is still living at this address.

There is also a massive typo in which they have conflated two sentences so that it makes no sense. (Although as an old hand I do know what they mean).

Doesn't do anything to boost my confidence as to how the application will be dealt with. Ds's was a complete pig's ear. Plus ca change..

PolterGoose Thu 20-Mar-14 10:09:15

I'd be fuming at the Mr and Mrs dh's name. Apart from my feminist rage it's surely plain courtesy to reply to the person who actually sent the letter.

NoHaudinMaWheest Thu 20-Mar-14 13:35:15

Exactly.

They acknowledged receipt of my letter by phone and I now realise that as I didn't put my phone number on the letter they must have take that from ds's file too.

I don't usually go for conspiracy theories but I can't help finding this a bit sinister.

With ds we started tribunal proceedings although the LA conceded what we wanted before it went to hearing. Are they checking up on what kind of parent they have here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now