Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Down Syndrome Awareness week & WDSD

(9 Posts)
proudmum74 Wed 19-Mar-14 07:16:15

Hello - happy DSA week!

As MNHQ seem to be completely ignoring this event (unless I've missed something?), I thought I'd let you all know that this week is Down Syndrome Awareness week, ending in World Down Syndrome day on Friday.

The official way of celebrating is to 'wear lots of socks' on Friday, but I have to say I'm not 100% convinced by that, so we're celebrating by eating lots of blue & yellow cakes (all in the name of raising awareness of course!) wink Please feel free to join in!

WipsGlitter Wed 19-Mar-14 07:27:30

Hello * proudmum*. We're not doing the sock thing either but I did get the school to include a bit in the newsletter and will send a cake in on Friday.

proudmum74 Wed 19-Mar-14 07:38:03

That's great.

My DD is still at pre-school, but they're going to make blue & yellow butterflies on Friday and do their song time with signs.

monkeynumberthree Fri 21-Mar-14 00:24:13

Sorry to be ignorant about this, but is WDSD about raising awareness rather than fundraising? Our school is encouraging children wearing brightly coloured or odd socks but had said no donations are necessary hmm
I'd like to donate something - can anyone suggest a good charity?

Here's a link to the DSA campaign...

These next two photos will show why the charity chose socks to promote this fund raiser...

hazeyjane Fri 21-Mar-14 15:42:51

Ooh great, could you post same link on This thread, please Perspective21smile

hazeyjane Fri 21-Mar-14 15:49:52

Sorry am a lazybones! I have linked on a thread on chat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now