Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot goes tropical 14th March

(15 Posts)
zzzzz Fri 14-Mar-14 16:47:12

Well earned wine after a sod of a week.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=kp&v=w5_EIikdFr8

zzzzz Fri 14-Mar-14 16:47:30
ouryve Fri 14-Mar-14 16:52:24

grin

Excuse me if I keep my fleece on. There's a bloody icy wind, today.

Ended up walking home, pushing the gigantobuggy uphill, into the wind, with DS1 wrapped tightly around my left arm, threatening to cut off the circulation. He was freezing in his fleece, which is gaining new holes by the day. He insists he doesn't have any other coat. He has more coats than me ffs!

zzzzz Fri 14-Mar-14 16:54:57

Sew it inside a sturdier one.

Bloody cold here too and grey foggy. If I win the Eurolottery I am going to spend every other week somewhere very very hot. It should take me about 4 years to thaw out.

zzzzz Fri 14-Mar-14 16:58:38
SummerRain Fri 14-Mar-14 16:59:23

lol... I even checked the Sn section in a second screen before hitting post!

ouryve Fri 14-Mar-14 17:01:37

It's his school fleece with the school logo on. We bought him it because he was walking around school, when it was -2 outside, in just a polo shirt with a vest underneath because he refused to wear a jumper.

He's gone off his winter coat because he chews the collar, which then makes his face sore. He won't wear the summer weight coat I got him because it's the same colour as the winter coat. Even though he bloody chose it!

DS2 ends up with some quite pristine handmedowns. I found some snow boots that I bought for DS1, once winter, when it hardly snowed, so they weren't needed. They would have done DS2, had it actually snowed this winter. I'll probably end up passing them onto a friend, who has smaller boys than mine.

homework Fri 14-Mar-14 17:12:09

Love the holiday picture , have summer off this year , but can't decided where to go ideas helpful . Do have a budget , not too unreasonable .

zzzzz Fri 14-Mar-14 17:15:52

Malaysia

homework Fri 14-Mar-14 17:30:58

Hi zzz , went to Singapore and borneo last Easter , loved it . Hard to decided , due to fact travelled so much in last ten years . Mainly during school holidays before I get told off , but son primary school did one year let us have extra week off , going to India and help arranged visas , as was last minute trip. Need to fax letter for permission for me to take him to embassy , as his father wasn't coming . Nobody faxes things any more .

zzzzz Fri 14-Mar-14 19:01:47

We travel a lot too. Well we used to, life has been a little lean over the last few years smile.

How old are your children and what do you like doing. I AMA total slob on holiday, I like a big hotel with many pools and restaurants and laundry service. Kotakinabalu was beautiful and I find Malaysians very easy going and welcoming to children (I have 5!).

What about Mombassa and safari?
Or Maldives sandy hideaway?

homework Fri 14-Mar-14 19:20:23

He's 15 , an only child , was never lucky enough to have any more . Loves history , so tend to do this with wildlife , very much into science . Can only manage about three/ four days max sitting by pool , we did Maldives when he was seven and did South Africa when he was six with Safari .
I've always travelled with him , it's really helped his development .
Know school wouldn't be so helpful about time out now , even though teacher will admit it's enhanced his education enormously .

zzzzz Fri 14-Mar-14 19:45:04

Thailand is fantastic. We found they were quite into touching the children though, which freaked them out a bit. I dont think that would be an issue with a 15 year old though. Its a totally different vibe from Malaysia. Very refined and artistic (that sounds weird but I don't know how to describe it...like the difference between bistro and nouvelle cuisine).

What about driving across America?

We did vegas......I think possibley a step too far grin

Lesley25 Fri 14-Mar-14 20:24:41

All this talk of holidays and I'm starting to feel brave(r) about getting on a plane with my 5 and 3 yr old. My 5 year old hasa dx of asd and pre verbal.
Does it really help development then?? Hmmm, that trip to Dubai is looking like a good idea...

zzzzz Fri 14-Mar-14 21:01:52

We've all moved to

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/special_needs_chat/2025456-Goose-Carrot-Its-Paddys-Weekend-free-pint-of-Guinness-with-a-shamrock-on-top-for-the-first-ten-geese-through-the-door?

As we both started the Friday thread at the same time!

And YES for us holidays really do aid development.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now