Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Which wheelchair does your child use?

(13 Posts)
SoleSource Sun 09-Mar-14 10:51:03

Is there such thing as a funky looking wheelchair?

2old2beamum Sun 09-Mar-14 17:03:54

In this area don't expect wheelchair services to provide anything but basic, boring and old fashioned!!!
Sorry not answering your question. Am sure there is but at a price. Am interested in other replies

SoleSource Sun 09-Mar-14 19:23:15

Yeah, I already asked about funding as I was unsure of the general cost of wheelchairs. But I found one for 169.00. I'd like to being it up a bit.

Thank you for replying.

Sneezecakesmum Mon 10-Mar-14 20:53:21

Also black and boring but an electric blue seating insert which DGS has just puked over in school today....thanks to the crappy formula feed...again!

paragirl1981 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:47:56

pimp my chair do all sorts of funky things for wheelchairs. I found them on ebay.

Look on ebay.. something like a Kuschall K4, Quickie (Neon, Argon etc) They are lightweight..come in both folding and rigid styles and way way easier to push that cheapo ones.

I am a part time w/c user and have an Invacare Action 3 from the NHS and it's ok but not great. I picked up a Kuschall k4 for £150 (you do have to keep an eye out as they usually got for about £500) and it is so so much better for me, and anyone pushing me!

paragirl1981 Wed 19-Mar-14 09:29:20

I have a quickie gpv with flashing lights in the front casters!

starfishmummy Wed 19-Mar-14 16:25:19

Don't forget that if you get your own (or one through a charity) then you will need to factor in the cost of repairs/services and perhaps insure it too.

Galena Wed 19-Mar-14 16:42:12

We have an Action 3 junior and a Meyra Brix for DD. Both of them had boring spoke guards and we bought vinyl stickers to make them more cheerful.

paragirl1981 Thu 20-Mar-14 21:31:23

Spoke guards are so expensive aren't they!

Galena Thu 20-Mar-14 22:09:44

Yes, but far cheaper to buy plain ones and stickers than printed ones. I think we got DD's last ones for 35 quid plus stickers

Thereonthestair Mon 07-Apr-14 17:44:02

Hi. Just wondered if anyone could tell me the weight of wheelchairs and which ones people use for littlies. DS has just outgrown his buggy and the NHS one is (invacare junior 30 just does not work for us. I want soemthign I can actually push, put in my car, and hang a walker on. Any ideas?

elliejjtiny Fri 18-Apr-14 12:01:40

DS2 has an Invacare action 3 junior. It's really awkward to push but it came with free spoke guards that he chose (choice of flowers, smiley faces or spiders) and he could choose the colour too. Quite handy at school when working out which wheelchair belongs to which child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now