Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

has anyone been dxed with ASD as an adult and what prompted you to go ahead with it?

(3 Posts)
nappyaddict Sat 01-Mar-14 21:00:30

I have always been unmotivated, messy, disorganised, lazy, in denial, putting things off hoping they will go away and then running out of time and panicking when I can't get it done.

I get extremely anxious in social situations where I feel out of my depth. I am ok in situations where I feel I know what I am talking about, for example when with other parents, talking about kids, special needs stuff, talking about my family, friends etc. I don't even feel comfortable being left alone with my step FIL and step MIL and I've been with my boyfriend 4 years in may/june. I have only started feeling comfortable being left alone with mil in the last year. I am a waitress and find it difficult when people make (unfunny) jokes. I don't know how to respond or carry on the conversation. I sort of do this little laugh and then carry on with what I was doing. I am sure this comes across as rude or unfriendly.

I have always really struggled with phone calls. the only people I feel 100% comfortable ringing and answering the phone to are my mum, boyfriend and sister. I aways prefer to text or email. if I absolutely have to make one I worry about it for ages before hand, practising over and over in my head what to say. I have even paid a bank charge that I shouldn't have had cos I couldn't face ringing up to sort it out. even when friends ring I panick, ignore it, then text 5 mins after pretending i missed there call.

I get obsessed with researching things on the internet. not necessarily important things or things I particularly want to know. I just have this obsession with looking up things and then making lists of the things I have found out and more recently putting them onto pinterest.

do you think this sounds like I have asd or is it just my personality?

PolterGoose Sat 01-Mar-14 21:28:48

If you look down the list of threads on this board you'll see one for women who have or may have AS, might be worth a look smile

nappyaddict Sun 02-Mar-14 10:00:49

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now