Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Worst week ever

(3 Posts)
skuntoo Fri 28-Feb-14 23:20:01

I'm so upset and finding it hard to keep it together!!!

My Dd 4 years old had her last multi assessment and a care plan today which resulted in no diagnosis which we thought would happen but the real kick in the teeth was that they offered no help what's so ever!!!!
She's like 2 different girls there's her School side and her home side.
Her home side is awful she's upset paces up and down, spins, repeats random words repeats chunks of film dialogue and has sudden mood swings.
At school she's quite, can be anxious and struggles to make friends only plays 1 on 1 but does everything that is asked of her.
The team said she comes across anxious and doesn't really join in alot and watches what's going on but she's bright no speech problems can count knows her colours and has empathy.
Was told nothing they can do for her as they didn't see any of the other behaviours and when I asked about the pacing and spinning mood swings etc was told just ignore them shock

I'm so angry she hated going and we've achieved nothing we have a SENCO report written from when she was at her Pre-school so basically waiting to see if she falls apart when she's in reception !!

PolterGoose Sat 01-Mar-14 10:15:23

skuntoo brew and cake just hold out for a while and request re-assessment once you've got more 'evidence'. Keep reading, keep taking notes, keep a detailed diary, video her as much as you can.

Diagnosis makes a huge difference in terms of getting schools especially to take our children's needs seriously, but often it's down to us parents to find interventions that work. Keep trying, use the resources that are out there. Keep posting smile

skuntoo Sat 01-Mar-14 12:44:17

Thank you. Showed videos but because they haven't seen it in assessment nothing they can do!!!
And to top it all off SALT visited on tues and already doing everything that is gonna be taught on the course that I have to for Ds !!!!! Her only words of help was maybe we can help improve his signing library AARGH
I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall why is it you ask for help but nobody wants too angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now