Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot 28th Feb 2014

(301 Posts)
SallyBear Fri 28-Feb-14 18:11:45

Ahhhhh Friday. How I've missed you. What is everyone doing this weekend?
My dad is over from Toronto, so we are going on a family trip to London Zoo on Sunday. DS4 is rather keen on penguins. smile

PolterGoose Fri 28-Feb-14 18:17:48

No plans here, I'm still full of lurgy, I expect ds and dp will go out somewhere, even if just to a garden centre to look at their fish and reptiles.

Have fun Sally I love penguins too smile

homework Fri 28-Feb-14 18:24:12

My son loves penguins too . Daft teenager comes out of school and gets hit by a car , crossing the road between the school buses.
He's fine few scrapes and bit shocked , teacher wouldn't let him leave until he told her , he meets me after school so she brought him round to cafe we meet up in.
He had a little cry after she left ,but was being the I'm fine thing with her .
Thank god he is fine and it could have been a lot worse .

hazeyjane Fri 28-Feb-14 18:24:47

I am very glad it's Friday, it has felt like a long week.

Ds had a fantastic day today, after his rubbish day yesterday. We met up with 2 friends, one whose ds has a very rare chromosome deletion and the other whose dd has Downs Syndrome, we went to the tiny soft play in our town, and they had a ball. Ds normally drags me around with him, but today he was just off with the other 2. It was really lovely to see the 3 of them marauding around the place.

We saw our gp, who thinks ds should start on seizure meds, it has been discussed before, but it has always been dependent on results of eeg. She is calling ds's paed to discuss starting ds on epilim asap.

Hoping to maybe do the natural history museum in Oxford tomorrow, but we will see how ds is.

How did appointments go Sally?

Would love to go back to London Zoo, I wonder if there is another special day this year, maybe we could have a goose and carrot meet up??

Jacksterbear Fri 28-Feb-14 18:25:36

Family christening on Sunday which I'm dreading a bit.

London Zoo sounds fun smile. Are you near London, Sally? (I am in Herts.)

Hellish evening continuing here. 2 tired and volatile DC winding each other up = non-stop explosions. Urghh

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 28-Feb-14 18:58:24

OMG homework are YOU okay?

Had a not so nice Governor duty this morning and pretty upset by it.

Sick of this never ending winter....

youarewinning Fri 28-Feb-14 19:04:19

London zoo sounds great.

DS and I did the dream night at Marwell last year. Had a lovely time. Hoping to do it again this year. Would be good to meet anyone my end who can make it.

Hazey - that sounds positive.

Homework shock how lovely of the teacher. I hope both of you are Ok.

Star - that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

zzzzz Fri 28-Feb-14 19:09:41

homework shock much brew for all

hazey that sounds good. Soft play sounds lovely. I. Must find a friend for ds1

star I know you can't share. Honk honk.

Relative still being horrid. cake all?

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 28-Feb-14 19:12:41

Right outcome for the kids. Still shitty job.

Have wine but want cake.

zzzzz Fri 28-Feb-14 19:14:16

I have cake (well I am making chocolate biscuit cake so actually I have biscuits and choc slurp).....I want wine.

homework Fri 28-Feb-14 19:17:10

Thank star , your winning , we fine just shocked more than anything , he's normally very good with roads , think she not seen him coming out between the buses and him being daft coming between the buses.
We usually meet up for our Friday night treats , pictures, food, coffee shop and chat. Only day can count on him not doing the moody teenager thing.

Tonight we just come home having film from sky box and take away. He's had bath and in his pj eaten pizza.
Shame about the governs meeting star , hope everyone else is okay.

PolterGoose Fri 28-Feb-14 19:45:14

wine and cake all round I think.

homework hope you have a peaceful evening, you might want to dose him up with painkillers tonight and remember that the shock will mean he may not feel pain until
tomorrow.

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 28-Feb-14 19:46:54

DS2 is vomiting, so we'll be home all weekend. Didn't have huge plans, just trip to library and maybe play place.

I'm just organising things and getting all my ducks in a row. Between solicitor, repairs, and other things, the money is flying out the window fast. shock

I've wanted so badly to out Ex on FB and put paid to all his lies and nonsense, but I'm keeping to the higher road and not doing it. God I want to though. I've blocked him anyway. It will bite him in the bum in the end, I know, and I'm clinging on to that. I have to keep the DCs as my priority and ignore his behaviour.

Would love to go to London Zoo. Very jealous!

homework - thank goodness he's okay!

hazeyjane Fri 28-Feb-14 19:47:50

Homework - sorry, cross posted with you earlier. Hope your ds is ok, how scary.

Zzzzz, I feel very lucky that ds has this little boy in his life, they are a lovely pair and I have become very good friends with his mum.

Star wine and cake for you.

Jackster, hope dcs are calming down.

Youare, we aren't too far from Marwell, what is dream night?

We are having takeaway and white wine later, just waiting for dd1 to fall asleep.

<swipes some of zzzzz's chocolate slurp>

youarewinning Fri 28-Feb-14 19:58:59

It's a special needs night they do. You can get free tickets. I'm not sure how exactly because my friend got mine but I'll find out. They had all sorts of characters (mostly Star Wars!) there this year and the firemen allowing the children to use the hose. DS was in his element! They also have the little train open which was his favourite part!

Although I also spent most of the evening saying hello to my pupils grin

youarewinning Fri 28-Feb-14 20:00:28

Oh and obviously they can see the animals grin

And ride the tractor.

DS came home dirty, tired, covered in hot dog and ice cream and very happy!

Oh gosh home i'm glad he's ok.

We're not too far from marwell either!

Good day here, best of the week really. Ds' assembly this morning. He did fab. We get to go to the classroom for a bit after but as soon as I saw it I knew I wouldn't be sitting in there. Sure enough within seconds he asked to go to the computers. It was SO crowded in the classroom i'm not surprised at all. He did fab on the computer though.
Not got any plans this weekend. There's a new thing for ASD kids tomorrow but not sure if i'm ready for all that yet. We'll see.

Ooo dream night sounds good!

youarewinning Fri 28-Feb-14 20:02:55
youarewinning Fri 28-Feb-14 20:06:47

Blueeyed what the new thing? Are you Hants? Horizone at Havant Leisure centre do an aN/SN evening 6-7.30pm every Monday evening for £3. I go with some friends and our usually socially awkward children play together - in fact this Monday a group of 6 of them played. It was lovely.

youarewinning Fri 28-Feb-14 20:10:06

I believe DS school are a registered charity. I'll drop Senco a line to see if they are and if the school can get tickets through their charity. I can get spare ones through my school but only on the day usually. Which is fine if 4pm isn't too late to decide to go!

SallyBear Fri 28-Feb-14 20:13:04

Homework!! That's so scary. Hoping that he's ok and will be more careful in future.

Alice - poor ds2. So much illness about at the moment.

Hazey glad that the GP is being so proactive. Minihazey is definitely one of her priorities.

Star - Guvner duties start for me next week, sorry that you had a bad time with it this morning.

DS1 has antibiotics for an ear infection, but doesn't seem too bad. I just didn't want to leave it untreated over the weekend.

Really looking forward to the zoo. We are ZSL members as we are 20 miles from Whipsnade too. You can't beat a bit of penguin fun!

www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/whats-on/special-childrens-day

penguins

yourare it's a family activity thing. Yes I am in Hampshire. The Monday sounds fab in Havant. If i'm ever at my dads on a Monday (he's in Warsash) i'll see if I can get him to take me. I wish I was over that way i'm about 30 mins away. Saw the sensory4all at Eastleigh and know ds would love it. Just a shame I can t access it. We have a sensory area open to under 5's one morning a week. Was going to take both DC but he's 6 sad

hazeyjane Fri 28-Feb-14 20:17:14

A crochet project for you Sallybear?!

SallyBear Fri 28-Feb-14 20:21:31

That is so cute. Looks just like DS4's penguin that Toby the puppy decided to give a nose job to! Pattern link please?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now