Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Parent partnership

(8 Posts)
RevoltInParadise Mon 17-Feb-14 20:23:11

I know there was a thread on pp recently I think but I can seem to find it.

Are they any good? Did they help? Really looking for people experiences before I take the plunge and go to them. :s

Anyone with experience in herts would be great especially, PM if you want to keep it off the boards.

LilTreacle Tue 18-Feb-14 06:53:07

Helped a great deal when going through the request for assessment of SEN. Very knowledgable and approachable.

Not the most 'immediate' of responses, but very detailed and helpful when they finally do respond.

chocnomore Tue 18-Feb-14 10:45:58

PPs can be very much hit and miss. They are employed by the LAs and therefore are often not as impartial as they should be and rather side with their paymasters.

Some people still have good experiences. Our PP is rubbish. just in cahoots with the LA.

BigBird69 Tue 18-Feb-14 15:43:27

They were very helpful in the initial start of applying for assessment. They talked me through everything and explained what would happen, who would be involved etc etc. however, I contacted them again when I got the proposed statement as it hardly contained anything I had hoped and they were useless! They are meant to be 'neutral' or at the least there to help parents. When it comes down to it they side with the authority. Fine for facts and worth a call but will not helpYOU when it comes to the crunch.

youarewinning Tue 18-Feb-14 17:12:48

They were helpful to me without even doing anything! Had initial consultation on phone. Spoke to school and said when we had meeting re DS could they give plenty of warning as PP coming. (I'd asked for meeting)

Suddenly he got put on SEN register, an IEP and support at play times.

Oblomov Sun 02-Mar-14 17:00:56

Mine were rubbish. LA tied. No help at school meetings I took them to. Lost all meeting notes. Useless.

StarlightMcKingsThree Sun 02-Mar-14 21:49:51

They are good at knowing the internal system, who does what, who knows what, where to find internal information etc.

What they are not good at is being independent from the LA and their illegal unwritten policies.

StarlightMcKingsThree Sun 02-Mar-14 21:51:42

I'm talking specifically about Herts btw.

I live someone else now and though woukd never trust them, they seem here to be better and more independent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now