Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Somewhere to dump your half term screams, rants and crazies....

(65 Posts)
hazeyjane Mon 17-Feb-14 08:27:12

Ok I know it is exactly 3 minutes after the time dd's would normally be getting on the bus to school, but ds and dd's are already screeching at each other.

Puts coffee on and sets out a plate of biscuits. brew + biscuit anyone?

skuntoo Mon 17-Feb-14 09:09:01

Yes please!!!
My Dd has already got herself worked up over the milk not arriving at the usual time and has only just started speaking to me again and that was only to ask if it was school today-we've been up since 7!!!!
Think I need a packet of biscuit
And it's only Monday!!!!!!!!!

hazeyjane Mon 17-Feb-14 09:37:44

biscuitbiscuitbiscuit

For you skuntoo. Ds seems to have realised that dd's may be around all day, and nanna is here to stay, so has taken refuge under a pillow and is bashing himself on the head with his baby hairbrush.

autumnsmum Mon 17-Feb-14 10:13:36

Ds has been winding dd2 up all morning she likes her personal space so he has been touching her feet! Went into 15 yr old dd room yesterday to tidy up ! Mutters the horror the horror in the manner of apocalypse now

PolterGoose Mon 17-Feb-14 11:14:56

brew and cake

I'm at work today and tomorrow so dp is 'in charge', I'm trying to persuade ds to go to Sainsbury's for breakfast on Wednesday because it's the only way he will tolerate shopping (magic Sainsbury's toast) and he hopefully has a friend over Thursday. It will be fine (I tell myself)

autumnsmum Mon 17-Feb-14 11:40:39

We've become hermits ! Dd1 was out yesterday , today and has a bday tomorrow !sympathise about shopping

DontSweatTheSmallStuff Mon 17-Feb-14 12:26:41

<runs in and grabs brew and biggest slice of cake.

What a brilliant thread title. Ds1 had been up all of 2 minutes before the first meltdown. Woke up perfectly fine then remembered getting upset yesterday and got upset all over again about it. Aarggghh

ouryve Mon 17-Feb-14 13:39:33

Mine made it to lunchtime without any major blow ups. DS2 has been on the wind up, ever since. Screeching at DS1. Kicking me....

hazeyjane Mon 17-Feb-14 13:45:15

lobs cake at don'tsweat and ouryve.

claw2 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:04:44

Ds is being very well behaved, apart from not sleeping at all of a night!

ouryve Mon 17-Feb-14 14:06:20

DS2 has, thankfully, moved on to torturing a webkinz frog and a knitted elephant. Oh, he has Snowbody, too.He's plotting something!

SoleSource Mon 17-Feb-14 16:20:13

DS is well behaved. I feel like shit today, some cunts out there I tell you.............

JUST BECAUSE MY SON IS DISABLED DOES NOT MAKE YOU BETTER THAN US YOU ARE STILL A CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PolterGoose Mon 17-Feb-14 16:31:03

I've come home to a very calm ds, he's been to the dentist, done some Warhammer painting, made K'nex models, watched an Attenborough documentary, looked at slides on the microscope. I think perhaps I should work full time and dp take over the parenting full-time grin

It's been a long week already, and it's only Monday. brew for everyone, a bit more cake, and lets put some wine in the fridge for later.i

autumnsmum Mon 17-Feb-14 16:35:03

Sole source your son is a hundred times better than the person who has upset you

SoleSource Mon 17-Feb-14 17:16:42

Thank you autumn x yes he is smile

Mollyweasley Mon 17-Feb-14 17:28:25

HELL….ppppp! 2 major meltdowns here and I thought I had it all under control with a superb week planner of a healthy mix of rest and activities confused
I want to go to work!!!! (must get one first hmm!!!!)

starfishmummy Mon 17-Feb-14 18:42:34

This morning was ok.

Apart from dh's almost all day meeting being cancelled which meant he went in to his office so wasn't home early which meant that I had to take ds to sainsburys....

Things went downhill rapidly from there until computer time at 5!!

youarewinning Mon 17-Feb-14 20:20:49

Ds has been fab today - easy peasy. Should mention that's because between the hours of 9-5 he was at holiday club! This evening he's been on iPad and eating dinner. grin

I await tomorrow with trepidation!

stillstandingatthebusstop Mon 17-Feb-14 20:29:35

<sobs loudly> I want it to be half term.

1 week to go sad

marshmallowSqueeze Mon 17-Feb-14 20:50:12

[Wine] and cake to those who need it ive been at work all day so my mum and dad have ds at our house this week today seems to be fine so far but his ps3 game isn't going well I suspect trouble

youarewinning Tue 18-Feb-14 07:40:42

I'll get my scream in early - pre empting it as ds has the dentist in 2 hours. However I have booked lego movie 3D for after so hopefully that should help!

ouryve Tue 18-Feb-14 08:46:14

It's going to be a long day.

It's lovely and sunny. So I've opened the curtains and turned the light off. Which to DS2 means turn alll the lights and the TV off because it must be time for school. DS1's finally got the dining room light on, so he can draw. So nw the curtains have been shut and the livingroom light put back on.

Need a long walk, this morning. Might have to put DS2 in his buggy, so DS1 can work off some of his own wriggles. Then i need to hassle the LA on the phone because they're ignoring me and I'm going to have my own meltdown if they carry on ignoring me. So I'm going to make a nuisance of myself, even if the kids are screaming in my earhole the entire time.

claw2 Tue 18-Feb-14 09:01:04

We are all off to visit my mum today, 1 hour and 40 minutes of trains and tubes. With ds asking 'are we there yet' all the way there and 'can we go home' repeatedly the minute we arrive!

youarewinning Tue 18-Feb-14 13:06:00

My ds asks that when we arrive places too!

We'll dentist was fun - not!!! Very impressed with the dentist calmly asking ds to open his mouth wider as he's fine and it hurts where he's biting her blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now