Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot 7.02.14 - early opening!

(312 Posts)
hazeyjane Fri 07-Feb-14 15:44:43

2 appointments - check (opthamology and chest xray)
stress free bus journey x 2 - check
phone call from central SEN to say they will assess ds for statement..................CHECK!

Big glasses of something cold and bubbly all round!

Saving an extra big glass for Bluebird, who needs it after Bluechicks stint in hospital.

ouryve Fri 07-Feb-14 19:18:44

Haha, AYC! Meat flavoured gummy vitamins!

I'm not sure which of my boys I was sent mine for. DS1 actually liked the one he's tried, but I'm waiting until we're sat round the wipe clean table, for lunch, tomorrow, before I give DS2 one to try.

PolterGoose Fri 07-Feb-14 19:19:10

AYC at least she tried it, that'd count as a result here grin

NoHaudin how annoying, good luck with opticians

youarewinning Fri 07-Feb-14 19:38:43

noH how annoying.

polter and *jack hope the weekend quietens down.

hazey well done your DS.

AYC yay grin and long may it last.

Well my loo is unblocked and flushing - which is probably just as well as I brave a coffee and 2 digestives an hour ago!
DS came out of school with just his shirt on and his coat as a cape - running around bouncing off everything. And then asked if he could go to the school disco Wednesday shock need to speak to school first and check they have adequate staffing.

Evening all! wine thanks and cake to those in need.

We've had a good week. Two superstar certificates brought home grin (first ever this school yrewar was last week) and he's been so willing to go to school. Today he's been ill. He's been quiet and still all day and cried because he wanted to go! Back to normal tonight so looking forward to the weekend.

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 07-Feb-14 20:01:28

AYC is that the Bassett chewable ones? We've got them too. DS1 loves them - keeps asking for another one for a snack. hmm And is annoyed he can only have one a day. DS2 does not like the taste of them, so I had to go out and buy different ones, as he doesn't want to be left out of the "daily vitamin" ritual now. grin

Odd week. DS1 got pushed over at school and a child stamped on his head with their foot. On purpose. A bit odd - the boy that pushed him is in trouble fairly often to doing stuff to everyone, so par for the course really. The girl that stamped on his head is this very quiet little girl that he often plays with - very very out of character for her. I suspect she doesn't even have a clue why she did it. DS1 wasn't hurt, he had a teeny red mark on his cheek and he wasn't even fussed much - just mildly annoyed over it. The girl's mother seemed quite upset by it - apparently apologised profusely to the teacher and sent a card and gift (toy) to DS1 by way of apology. I had to tell the teacher that it was very nice of her, but to please tell her it's okay - these things happen, it was a one off, and DS1 is fine. I felt bad, as the mum sounded quite upset over it.

Positive note. DS1 decided on his own that he wanted to try a new meal on the hot lunch menu - a chicken grill sandwich - and ate it all. Loved it. So made a huge fuss over what a positive step that was and he was quite pleased with himself.

ouryve Fri 07-Feb-14 20:21:15

Oh, we'll done to your ds, Alice.

Ds1 is in bed now, after losing it again. We'll know he's asleep when he stops yelling at ds2 for the lovely song and dance he's performing in front of the shiny computer monitor.

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 07-Feb-14 20:25:45

ouryve DS1 yelling at DS2's song and dance? grin Goodness, your house sounds much much too similar to mine!!

autumnsmum Fri 07-Feb-14 20:33:24

Dd1 is full of something can't work out if it's the virus we all
Have or a reaction to the Dtp booster they've just had at school

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 07-Feb-14 21:32:36

You are what a relief to get the loo sorted.

Alice and Blue eyed well done to your dss.

Hope dd1 is better soon autumn. How are you?

ouryve Fri 07-Feb-14 21:38:29

DS2 has learnt most of his moves from Minions, with a touch of Tree Fu Tom stylee. For a boy who started off with such marked gross motor delays and such an extreme delay in being able to imitate (imitation is actually a very recent development), he moves rather well. And stands on one leg really steadily when he's making shapes! He actually joined in with the dance session for golden time, the other week - something he could actually get something out of.

But yes, Alice, DS1 completely disapproves. If I even try to sing, he leaps on me and puts his revolting hand over my mouth. (Though, that's understandable!)

hazeyjane Fri 07-Feb-14 21:49:50

Ah, singing is my weapon with the dd's, if I want them to do something, I threaten them with my rendition of Tomorrow from Annie, and they instantly comply.

Ha I wish my singing had that effect. DS tells me im not allowed to sing along with songs. Only nursery rhymes for dd are allowed.

ouryve Fri 07-Feb-14 22:40:20

Oh, no nursery rhymes, Never, ever, ever ever, never, ever.

And, apparently, DS2's oh so sweet humming of the entire theme tune of Little Princess is an abomination. sad

signandsingcarols Sat 08-Feb-14 07:29:04

ah singing.... (ds used to hum, all the time when ever we were out, like a little engine...grin,) but has now graduated to humming a 'tune' (I use that term lightly grin) and saying 'guess what tune that was ...

He sings and dances with joy, (which is very cute) the library assistant (who is wonderful) had been off for 3 weeks, so ds did a little dance and sang 'XXXXXX is back, XXXXX is back, XXXXX is back' to welcome him... XXXX was very touched, grin

hazeyjane Sat 08-Feb-14 09:38:43

That is very cute, sign.

Ds has been invited to his first preschool birthday party today - eek! Fortunately the lovely mum, has invited us and the dd's as well, so that ds feels happier about coming - it is tractor party on a farm, so I think things could get pretty muddy!

Handywoman Sat 08-Feb-14 09:48:11

Successful week here, mid-week blip now forgotten, new laminated schedule and accompanying Rules seems to be working. dd2 calmer and surprisingly happy and relaxed yesterday, has been enjoying social stories, talking Nout her ASD, AND we went to local ASD support group /soft play and both met lovely people and had fun!!!! smile

cake wine for those in need..... <whizzes round with trays of goodies/carafe/sweet trolley> feeling good!!!! smile

AliceinWinterWonderland Sat 08-Feb-14 09:59:54

Ah, early morning trips to A&E. Just the way to start a Saturday. hmm

hazeyjane Sat 08-Feb-14 10:06:52

Oh no Alice! Who for? Hope everyone is ok.

PolterGoose Sat 08-Feb-14 10:13:06

Hope ds enjoys the party hazey cake

Handy so glad you had a good week smile

Alice what on earth has happened?

AliceinWinterWonderland Sat 08-Feb-14 10:14:41

Yes, everyone okay now. Thankfully, A&E was pretty much empty this morning. DS1 stuck a piece of blue pencil lead in his ear and it was lodged way in there. So off to A&E we went to have it removed. Quick and easy, if a bit jittery on his part.

He said to me "my brain made me do it. I didn't want to, but I couldn't stop." A bit worrying.

PolterGoose Sat 08-Feb-14 10:20:43

Glad it wasn't anything too dramatic Alice, hope you can unpick his reasoning

AliceinWinterWonderland Sat 08-Feb-14 10:25:11

No, nothing dramatic. Exasperating. grin But we've done it before, and sadly will most likely do it again. It's that "oh god, seriously? Why would you do that? ...sigh... Okay, let's go to A&E and get it removed." trudge trudge off to A&E.... LOL It's a very familiar scenario in this house.

youarewinning Sat 08-Feb-14 11:46:55

Oh dear Alice. Glad it's all sorted now though

Jacksterbear Sat 08-Feb-14 12:21:45

Sorry about your crap start to the day Alice. My ds also says "my brain made me do it" to try to explain something he's done impulsively. I take it to mean he's done it on impulse before having he chance to think it through and realise it's a bad idea! Conversely he says "my brain won't let me" when trying to explain why he won't or can't do something, eg "my brain won't let me calm down".

ouryve Sat 08-Feb-14 12:42:15

What a start to the morning, Alice brew

DS1 opted to walk around with me, when we went shopping, this morning. Good job as he was bloody hard work. Very flighty and not good at walking slowly. There was 5p sat on the end of the self checkouts and I had to abandon the trolley and retrieve him from it, twice. The second time, he pocketed it, much to my embarrassment. I replaced it, out of my own pocket, even though it was probably one that had been dropped by someone who won't miss it. As great as his intense interest in coins and learning as much as he can about them, is, part of me is hoping that he moves onto something with less potential for public scenes, sometimes soon. Like stamps. Just as geeky, but they don't have buckets of the things on the ends of checkouts for him to become wound up about not being allowed to touch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now